PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft anyone?

Strike
08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Since it's the ultimate time-killer and easy to jump in/out of to go rampant on the F5 key on fridays I thought I'd share my server. It's only accessable through correct identification so if you would like to jump in it's pretty much up 24/7 and has a few members already running around creating stuff.

It also features a railroad network large enough that anyone should be able to settle down along the tracks and build their stuff :) Regular backups are taken of the map and misbehaving players will be banned.

Server address is : 95.34.18.231:25555

Oh, did I mention it features a medium sized Nyancat and a huge Rubic's cube ;)

For those who thinks minecraft is solely for kids, it features logic gate functions and people have built fully functional calculators, printers, etc within it :)

So if you want to join in, leave your username in a reply below.

Oh btw once ClOD is more stable, gets more players I'll probably dedicate my 2nd PC to running as a server for that instead of MineCraft :p

Rattlehead
08-17-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm going to try Minecraft one day, I just don't know when. :) There never seems to be enough hours in a day anymore...

Das Attorney
08-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm going to try Minecraft one day, I just don't know when. :) There never seems to be enough hours in a day anymore...

lol yeah - at the moment, all my spare (non-flying) time is lost playing this:

http://universesandbox.com/ :)

SiThSpAwN
08-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah are group has been playing Minecraft alot these days... ugh lol... I go cross-eyed playing that damn thing... come on COD patch!

http://thedadsarmy.com

Oldschool61
08-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah are group has been playing Minecraft alot these days... ugh lol... I go cross-eyed playing that damn thing... come on COD patch!

http://thedadsarmy.com

My son started playing this and I cant figure out what he see's in it. THe graphics are pathetic, makes the origonal playstation look high def.

SiThSpAwN
08-17-2011, 08:20 PM
My son started playing this and I cant figure out what he see's in it. THe graphics are pathetic, makes the origonal playstation look high def.

Thats what I said, until I sat down and started playin with it... lol.

Rattlehead
08-18-2011, 06:22 AM
lol yeah - at the moment, all my spare (non-flying) time is lost playing this:

http://universesandbox.com/ :)

That looks quite interesting actually.

ZaltysZ
08-18-2011, 07:18 AM

Remember playing with toy cars and how that felt more real than watching a movie as adult now? Kids have overclocked imagination, which can "fix" most things.

Blackdog_kt
08-18-2011, 08:39 AM
A friend of mine got the humble bundle collection of indie games and they were including a time-limited free trial of minecraft in the bundle. Another buddy got a copy of humble bundle too but he went away on holiday for some days and his key was going to expire by the time he got back.

So there was a spare key, the first guy had already started playing it some and was nagging me to try some multiplayer, he set up an unpublished server we decided to see what it's all about. After all, i owed him one after my nagging which got him back into flight sims a few months ago :grin:

Well, let me tell you, the core gameplay is so simple yet you can do so much that you get obsessive-compulsive drives to reach the next milestone, do that next thing or try out that new crazy idea: on day one i didn't even know how to play, by the end of the first evening and having browsed the minecraft wiki a bit we had started digging a mine below our home which revealed an underwater cave system that we partially explored, next day i excavated half a mountain and the next one i used the materials from that mining operation to create a huge rectangular block that would cut off the water between the two islands on the map.

Having got rid of the water and with no danger of flooding the tunnels below, i then started digging one row inside the blocks i had placed in order to be able to explore the tunnels we had first uncovered in an easier, more controlled manner, without having to navigate labyrinthine corridors :-P

I didn't get to fiddle with the high-end stuff (logical circuits, traps and rail systems) but it's clear that it's one of those games where gameplay is great because it's based on a few core, very simple ideas that end up giving the player a lot of freedom. It's a true sandbox game and while i don't know how much it would maintain my interest in the long run, it sure is a good pass-time for when one wants something different, fancy graphics or not.