PDA

View Full Version : il2league

JG52Uther
01-10-2008, 10:23 PM
This is an inter-squad competition using il2 '46.Some of you squad flyers might be interested!

http://www.il2league.com/

GOZR
01-11-2008, 05:20 AM
I would you ovoid cheating ?

GF_Mastiff
01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
yes I have signed up last USL, will be again this year. In both locked and open.

Bearcat
01-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Uther I think this is a great idea.. but under the current environment it won't really take off until the SSMM (ServerSideModManager) is finished and working

MaXMhZ
01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Uther I think this is a great idea.. but under the current environment it won't really take off until the SSMM (ServerSideModManager) is finished and working
Is anyone working on a SSMM? This is the first time I hear of this.

na85
01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
I am.

Currently I can detect the presence of the sound mod, 6dof, and new flyables. FM/DM/WM hack detection comes next.

MaXMhZ
01-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Interesting na85.
I'm assuming you will need to have a program run on both the clients and the server for it to work. I hope you use something better than md5 to check for original files.
Make sure you inform anyone who installs it that files on their system are being examined and information about them is send over the internet. If you do not you will very likely be breaking laws, and it could become very ugly. I don't see how this checking could be enforced, but anything is better than the current situation.

JG52Uther
01-11-2008, 10:16 PM
This thread is just to publicize the league.Join or don't join,its up to you! If you have any questions about protection I suggest you contact the admins at the league for answers.You won't get them here.

na85
01-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Interesting na85.
I'm assuming you will need to have a program run on both the clients and the server for it to work. I hope you use something better than md5 to check for original files.
Make sure you inform anyone who installs it that files on their system are being examined and information about them is send over the internet. If you do not you will very likely be breaking laws, and it could become very ugly. I don't see how this checking could be enforced, but anything is better than the current situation.

Currently I'm using md5. May I ask why you think it's a weak solution? Send via pm, maybe, so we don't clutter uther's thread.

Bearcat
01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
This thread is just to publicize the league.Join or don't join,its up to you! If you have any questions about protection I suggest you contact the admins at the league for answers.You won't get them here.

It is a great idea....

Razer
01-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Make sure you inform anyone who installs it that files on their system are being examined and information about them is send over the internet. If you do not you will very likely be breaking laws, and it could become very ugly...

Anymore laws broken there than with the making of the sound mod...?

Personally such a system would be great.

BTW, Uther, popping accross to the USL site now for signup :)