PDA

View Full Version : Freight Tycoon sound problems

mp3king82
01-10-2008, 05:05 AM
I have been playing the game for awhile with no problems using on board video. Today I bought a new nvidia card and after putting it in and installing the drivers I now have no sound. In the game options the sound volume is greyed out but sound works in all other games. I have tried reinstalling directx but nothing work. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks
Roger

Just as a note I also tried using a pci sound card and that didn't work ether

yeahright
03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Is everyone in here on a 3 week coffee break?

This is what you need to do to fix your sound problem:

1. Run "CMD" (command prompt - start > run > enter cmd)
2. Get to the Freight Tycoon directory
3. type "tycoon.exe -s" and press enter
4. Choose Directsound as sound source and enter the game.
5. Problem solved :)

If you dont know how to do this, simply reinstall the game and remember to put Directsound as sound source as the game cant pick one for you automatically.

Tridon
03-28-2008, 08:25 AM
I have the same problem myself, and I use nvidia as well. I'll try that trick when I get home from work today :)

KrystalKittyKat
08-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks, your solution has fixed my issue as well. Thank you very much!

Kat.

76fabm76
02-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I must run setup each time if I want audio of the game. :(

robbo3166
04-25-2009, 12:49 AM
I must run setup each time if I want audio of the game. :(

You can get the setup to run automatically each time you start the game, with the little checkbox at the bottom of the setup screen. Just makes it a bit quicker:grin:

razor95
06-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Is everyone in here on a 3 week coffee break?

This is what you need to do to fix your sound problem:

1. Run "CMD" (command prompt - start > run > enter cmd)
2. Get to the Freight Tycoon directory
3. type "tycoon.exe -s" and press enter
4. Choose Directsound as sound source and enter the game.
5. Problem solved :)

If you dont know how to do this, simply reinstall the game and remember to put Directsound as sound source as the game cant pick one for you automatically.

How exactly should i do this? When I type "cmd" in run it pops up a black window where it stands "C:\Documents And Settings\Name>" What should i type in? My game directory is in C:\Program Files\Freight Tycoon

Trifler
09-21-2012, 12:19 AM
How exactly should i do this? When I type "cmd" in run it pops up a black window where it stands "C:\Documents And Settings\Name>" What should i type in? My game directory is in C:\Program Files\Freight Tycoon

If you aren't familiar with DOS, then this should help:

1) First go to the drive your game is on if it's not on C:. Type "D:" and then enter, for example, if your game is on drive D:. If you installed the game to the default location, you don't have to worry about this.

2) Go to the directory/folder your game is in. Type cd\<directory path>. So, for the default location, type "cd\Program Files\Freight Tycoon". The "cd" stands for "call directory'' if you're wondering.

3) Now type "tycoon -s" and it'll bring up the game settings menu.