PDA

View Full Version : Can you have carrier Light turned on for night trap?

jamesdietz
08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I currently play Il-2 4.101 with UP3.0, but see no way to have airfield lights or for that matter carrier light requested to be turned on...is this possibleor have I missed the boat so to speak? I thought I rememembered see the Radio request on a different version I had downloaded , but not sure any version has a request for carrier lights on ...any help out there? Thanks?

Gribbers
08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Same here...followed the advice forum members gave with regards to placing objects...but couldn't find a command to request it to be turned on :confused:

Tried requesting landing permission...permission granted, but no lights.

Bat*21
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I think there's a bug that prevents lights being turned on when requested.
They're either on or off it seems.

MaxGunz
08-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I only know of one time in WWII that a US carrier lit up at night for returning fighters but I forgot which battle. Maybe it's because doing so puts the whole fleet at risk?

_RAAF_Smouch
08-11-2011, 11:41 PM
You have to set the runway lights at a home base in FMB. They also have to be the "side" colour. Eg if you want to fly a mission as Red, then you have to set the runway light to belong to Red.

You should then be able to request them to be turned on via the Ground Control. If there is any enemy A/C in the area ground control will not turn the lights on.

And I think TD may be looking at setting lights on the carriers, as at the moment you can't do it.

I know it works with the stock 4.101, don't know about UP3.0.

Hope that helps.

Gribbers
08-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks Smouch, will this again.

Cheers

Gribbers

jamesdietz
08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
But...in a regular single mission modified with MissionPro to be a night mission there is no way,right? I can't even find a command for airfield lights in UP3.0 RT requests.