PDA

View Full Version : Download Paths

badfinger
08-10-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm downloading missions and campaigns left and right, but must be sending them to the wrong places because they don't show up in the game. Could someone tell me the correct path(s) for them?

Thanks,

binkt9

CrisGer
08-19-2011, 08:24 PM
So where do we find downloads for missions etc...and I will be interested to see the correct installation procedure as well, will keep an eye on this thread thanks.

Blackdog_kt
08-20-2011, 02:36 AM
Start by going to documents\1c softclub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions

In there you'll see two more folders named "single" and "multi", place the mission files in the appropriate folder depending on whether it's a single-player or multiplayer mission.

To get some user-made missions visit the FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions section of the forums here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=203

or visit www.airwarfare.com and download them from there.

badfinger
08-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm starting to get some single missions to work. But campaigns are still messed up. Some, I can play if they are in the single missions file. Others, show up in my files, but not in the game. Example: Battle of France is clearly in my campaign file, but doesn't work anywhere.

binky9

Blackdog_kt
08-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Scripted single-player campaigns are essentially a sequence of single missions. Just like back in IL2 there's a file that specifies in what order the missions will be presented to the player.

It's just that not all are familiar with how it works yet (i too have no idea) so a lot of mission designers release their campaigns as a set of individual, numbered missions in the meantime.

badfinger
08-21-2011, 06:36 PM
How about the mission and campaign creators letting us know where we should download them?

Guys did that back in IL2. BTW, "back in IL2" doesn't that sound strange?

binky9

NedLynch
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
You can find a lot of missions and campaigns (especially by the Enlightened Florist and DFLion) on airwarfare.com.
DFLion's campaigns go into the 1CSofclub folder for single missions, some screenshots to put into the screenshot folder and some skins to put into the skins folder, all very simple.
The Enlightened Florist's campaigns however need to be put into the folders according to the instructions provided AND at least I had to unblock them so win7 lets me use them ingame. Just right click on the file, go to properties and click unblock.

That is of course after unzipping them and reading the instructions included in the unzipped folder.

Good luck, it works. :)