PDA

View Full Version : Oleg......I love you!

Aviar
01-08-2008, 01:08 AM
I have been pestering Oleg and his great crew for almost a year now with e-mails begging them to please unsynch the 50 cals on the YP-80, like they did with most of the other 50 cals some time ago.

Once you see how much better the unsynched guns are, firing synched guns just reminds you what you are missing.

I just now remembered to check and see if this miracle could possibly come true in the 4.09 BETA. To my amazement, the YP-80 guns are now unsynched!

I know this doesn't mean much to most players, but I really love flying some of the jets in this game.....the YP-80 being one of my favorites.

My all-time favorite is probably the P-38, and when the guns were unsynched on that plane, it made it even more fun to fly.

So, I want to thank Oleg and his crew for being such good guys. I've been flying IL-2 since the demo days and I've seen them do a lot of good things for the community. Thanks again!!

Happy Flying

Aviar

Skarphol
01-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi!

I have never paid any attention to weither the guns on my plane are synchronized or not.
What difference does it make for gunnery if the guns are synchronized?
And why are they synchronized if they are not supposed to fire through a propellor arc?

Skarphol

Lo0n
01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
i thought they had been desynced in the 4.08 patch? certainly seemed like it with some planes anyways... basically it means that you have a random stream of tracers as opposed to a single clump of them, so for the yp80, instead of having 6 tracer shells next to each other, all fired at the same time, you have a better pattern

LynX_SPb
01-08-2008, 02:38 PM
I hope also other fuselage mounted machinnguns desynced, especially on Aircobra :)

I wish similar thing can be done for La-5/7 :rolleyes: -- http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2519

Tvrdi
01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I wonder what else was changed in 4.09 (besides new skins and maps)

Jaws2002
01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I hope also other fuselage mounted machinnguns desynced, especially on Aircobra :)

I wish similar thing can be done for La-5/7 :rolleyes: -- http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2519

If they do that i'd like to see your face when you fire your guns first time and shoot your prop off :shock::mrgreen:.