PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane pilot bail out

Jumo211
08-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Going today through my hard drive I've found this saved picture but have
no idea where it come from I mean which war theatre , what kind of Hurri ,
pilot , is this for real ? , please can someone enlighten me ?

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/CopyofIMG_2801Medium.jpg

UPDATE: August 27 , 2011
OK , at least managed to find the whole picture : :shock:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/IMG_2802Medium.jpg

Thank you :cool:
S! HG
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/BoB.gif

Doc_uk
08-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I think he is actually wipeing his canopy:rolleyes:

skouras
08-05-2011, 04:50 PM
wow:-o

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Between the three pics on Jumo211's thread is the animated 'bail out'we were supposed to get in the sim,this is from an Oleg update that the devs put out on 1C prior to the game being released.

It would have been great to have that incorporated,I wonder why that was left out of the final build of COD,oh well:rolleyes:

skouras
08-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Between the three pics on Jumo211's thread is the animated 'bail out'we were supposed to get in the sim,this is from an Oleg update that the devs put out on 1C prior to the game being released.

It would have been great to have that incorporated,I wonder why that was left out of the final build of COD,oh well:rolleyes:

so let me understand
they aren't going to include this animation:confused: or they are going but they will put it in the future
oooohhhh men
this getting better and better

Friendly_flyer
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM
No idea where it come from I mean which war theatre , what kind of Hurri ,

It is one of the tropical Hurries, you can just see the hindmost part of the Vokes filter below the engine housing. It also has the external iron sight (small vertical bar in front of the windscreen), but the newer antenna, indicating a late early series Mk.I.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-05-2011, 05:52 PM
so let me understand
they aren't going to include this animation:confused: or they are going but they will put it in the future
oooohhhh men
this getting better and better

Err no mate,unfortunately it was just left out completely,a real pity actually,I think it's superb.

When I saw it the first time it was one one the little rays of light that made me want to purchase COD.

I have seen or heard any future references to it being added in the future either.

skouras
08-05-2011, 05:55 PM
what a waste
i would love to see an animation like that
it seems that they don't know what they waste.........:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7nEL1ekzM

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Yup,really nice isn't it?,and you're right mate a real waste.

BTW,thanks for posting the real mcoy,have'nt seen this properly for ages,tar:-D

skouras
08-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Plt Off JRB Meaker
you are one of the few.....:grin:

katdogfizzow
08-05-2011, 07:02 PM
probably not real

Tineye Searched over 1.9884 billion images and came up with 0 matches

klem
08-05-2011, 07:41 PM
It is one of the tropical Hurries, you can just see the hindmost part of the Vokes filter below the engine housing. It also has the external iron sight (small vertical bar in front of the windscreen), but the newer antenna, indicating a late early series Mk.I.

Geek!

Hi FF how are things at 79? :D

yellonet
08-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Looks real to me, everything including the black smoke streaming past the fuselage just looks authentic.

JG52Uther
08-05-2011, 07:51 PM
I remember Luthier saying that the pilot bail out animation was cut because our computers can't handle it, or something like that.
I wonder how much other stuff they wasted time on, instead of getting the main bits of the game right.

As for the pic, I reckon it might be a planned 'parachute' test.Could be wrong, but it looks like the tests that were done when high speed bail outs were being looked at.

furbs
08-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Spit girl.

Doc_uk
08-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I remember Luthier saying that the pilot bail out animation was cut because our computers can't handle it, or something like that.
I wonder how much other stuff they wasted time on, instead of getting the main bits of the game right.

As for the pic, I reckon it might be a planned 'parachute' test.Could be wrong, but it looks like the tests that were done when high speed bail outs were being looked at.
I would like to be the judge of that, Darnit:mad:

JG52Uther
08-05-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't need any more broken stuff in CoD.Less gimmicks, more core game fixes.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-05-2011, 09:23 PM
It does look suspiciously like an old WWII propaganda photoshop. Maybe some pilot climbing on the wings of a parked aircraft used for dramatic purposes? Wouldn't be the first image they messed around with back in the day.

Yeah,there does'nt seem to be any sense of urgency does there?

Blackdog_kt
08-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I've seen this picture posted again on this forum but it was a wider shot that allowed the viewer to see it's actually a poster on some wall.

If i'm not mistaken, i think it's hanging on a wall in some museum or restored warbird airfield in the UK.

whoarmongar
08-05-2011, 11:15 PM
The pilot in the picture is clearly on of the CloD realism freaks and has got out to count the number of rivets on his wing.

Baron
08-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Think i remember it as being a pic from a old movie.

Used to read a thick book a long time ago with lots of pictures from aviation films spanning from 1900 and onwards. Think i remember it from there.

JG52Krupi
08-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I was under the impression the animations would be brought back at some point.

skouras
08-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I was under the impression the animations would be brought back at some point.

we'll never know :confused:

Jumo211
08-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Thank you Friendly_flyer for giving some specific insight on what this Hurri might be ,
still we have way to go in figuring out what is going on in this picture :|

Thanks also to others for posting thus far , someday soon we might be
able to find out or maybe not .....

Looking forward to any other clues :cool:

S! HG

Skarphol
08-06-2011, 07:00 PM
It might be that the pilot is updating his Facebook status or something..

Skarphol

Friendly_flyer
08-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Geek!

Hi FF how are things at 79? :D

Slow going these days. My game computer died on me, so I haven't played anything for a month or so.

fireflyerz
08-08-2011, 08:55 AM
I asked about this ages ago and Luthiers reply was that it was one of many many animations that they left out due to running problems but that they would be slowly re implemented as the game got up to speed... hilarious:rolleyes:

skouras
08-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I asked about this ages ago and Luthiers reply was that it was one of many many animations that they left out due to running problems but that they would be slowly re implemented as the game got up to speed... hilarious:rolleyes:

Let's hope so
this sim is going to be better and better now
by the way excellent soundmod ;)

fireflyerz
08-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Well I think this next patch will tell us all weather its doable or all just a bluff , in my opinion the team arnt known for there honesty and the past patches have caused as many problems as they have fixed , and I would also like to add that the new before and after screenies don't fill me with confidence either but there is allways hope , personally I want to see more sneak shots of Ridley Scotts "Prometheus" than I do of CoD , roll on 2012....cant wait.

Sorry for going off topic HG;-)

Jumo211
08-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Sorry for going off topic HG;-)

Hey , what's up buddy ? how have you been ? no problemo , nothing is off topic :cool:
Anything goes , I am trying to remain hopefull and in the meanwhile
flying CloD with your engines sounds , O' yeah ! what a rush in to my ears ! :grin:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again and once things settle a bit
more in the code and playability department , sky is the limit :wink:
CloD effects are already pretty impressive , there will be not much to do only a very few
of them will undergo some mod tuning but there is a plenty of time to do it .
Much much better is this CloD game engine when it comes to effects handling.
The way things are going the whole immersion potential is mind-boggling .
OK , here is the truth , at first I couldn't stand CloD , now I am beginning to love it :shock:

Patch = two weeks be sure ! :lol:
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/schmidlak-Facepalm.gif

S! HG

fireflyerz
08-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Im good mate , but I could do with a holiday , good to see your still about and I know what you mean about Cod- it dose have massive potential , I just hope they can unlock it , cheers for the comps about the sound , im very interested to see what the new guy comes up with , very interested indeed;-)

Jumo211
08-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Update: new pic added in first post :?:

Trumper
08-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Going today through my hard drive I've found this saved picture but have
no idea where it come from I mean which war theatre , what kind of Hurri ,
pilot , is this for real ? , please can someone enlighten me ?

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/CopyofIMG_2801Medium.jpg

UPDATE: August 27 , 2011
OK , at least managed to find the whole picture : :shock:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/IMG_2802Medium.jpg

Thank you :cool:
S! HG
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/HolyGrail_photos/BoB.gif

I have posted these photos before,i will try and find where,may not have been this forum.
I took the photos from Old Warden ,Shuttleworth asking for info regarding the photos.
Here you go http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106818

Jumo211
08-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Thank you so much Trumper :grin:
I have these pics dated on my hard drive March 07 , 2011 and that might
be forum where I saved pics from , I just don't remember exactly :oops:
If you took pictures yourself thank you for sharing , it's very appreciated :cool:
After reading some suggestions in the other forum it seems we still don't
have much to go about it's more like speculation about how this picture happened :(

PS: I've just found that second pic this morning on my stuffed 500GB back up
hard drive after searching for something else :lol:

S! HG

BP_Tailspin
08-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Look at the elevator and ailerons. I do not think that hurricane is in the air, and no squadron markings not to mention the clarity of the photo ...

skippy117
08-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've been hunting for an original of that photo :)

For those interested it's up on one of the hanger walls at Old Warden in the UK (Shuttleworth Collection). They have a lot of historic photo's up on display so I don't believe it to be fake but who knows...

AKA_Tenn
08-12-2012, 09:26 AM
the question isn't IF, but WHEN stuff like this is being put back into the game, clearly, since they've already shown it, its possible to do this kinda stuff in CloD, but the average off the shelf gaming PC is not good enough for that kinda stuff yet, so its impractical.

salmo
08-12-2012, 09:37 AM
The bailout animation in reverse is also a fairly good approximation of getting into your plane as well. Shame they dropped it :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfsbitiXZ3A

skouras
08-12-2012, 01:23 PM
im curious
are we going to have this or not :confused:

salmo
08-12-2012, 01:32 PM
The following bailout animation files are already inside the sim. I can't say if the sim uses them or not.

Spit_OpenBlister_Leave.ani
Spit_OpenBlister_Bailout.ani
Spit_OpenBlister_Problem_A.ani
Spit_OpenBlister_Problem_B.ani
Spit_OpenBlister_Problem_C.ani
Spit_BailOut_A.ani
Spit_BailOut_B.ani
Spit_BailOut_C.ani

BF_OpenBlister_Leave.ani
BF_OpenBlister_Bailout.ani
BF_OpenBlister_Problem_A.ani
BF_OpenBlister_Problem_B.ani
BF_OpenBlister_Problem_C.ani
BF_BailOut_A.ani
BF_BailOut_B.ani

Interestingly, there are also these files as well

anim 3do/humans/aircrew/anim/Base_Walk.ani
anim 3do/humans/aircrew/anim/Base_Run.ani

bw_wolverine
08-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I really do hope they add this back in.

Flight sims have come a long way, but I don't think they're going to 'push through' to the new generation without a leap forward in the one element that they've continually neglected: the human element.

Animated pilots for 1st person view, animated pilots bailing out realistically. Base personnel moving about and running around during an attack, etc.

Rise of Flight started to get it with the whole arm and hand signals thing, so pilot animation is certainly doable.

I honestly wouldn't even care too much if the animation didn't tie properly to the free falling pilot (pilot bails out using animation and then 'teleports' to the position where he's falling away from the plane if the animation can't be linked to the actual free fall start position). I'd just love to see that bail out motion.

TomcatViP
08-13-2012, 11:39 AM
There is also some moral issue. Imagine seeing that scene trough an Me110 visor with the the point of view of the shooter. And then hold you breath and press the trigger... I understand that they removed it from the game. It's an aviation sim not a Gore movie :rolleyes:

Regarding the truth of the image (thx for posting). It looks credible for me. The pilot might have fly back over England in formation with a bomber to get some help in his navigation and jumped once over safe territory. I won't be surprised that the photo was taken during a rhubarb with that Hurri I hit while doing some grd attack/flack suppression.

Note that the black smoke is IMOHO, certainly the result of the push over (neg G) induced by the elevator position, not by a damaged engine

Kupsised
08-13-2012, 12:19 PM
For the animations, I expect part of the problem is that it's contextual. It's all well and good to have that animation if you're bailing out from perfectly straight and level, but if you're at an angle of even upside-down it'd look stupid to have him climbing out over the wing the wrong way up and defying gravity - even worse than not having it at all. To make it look right you'd need to have a few different animations and a system of working out which way up the plane was as to which animation to play etc. All of that, plus playing the animation, uses up processing power, which isn't something most of us have to spare in this game.

xpzorg
08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Movie shot in 1945 for pilots training. About emergency bailout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-pbXyO4lC8