PDA

View Full Version : men at war will not start

terry1956
08-05-2011, 10:41 AM
hi, when i try to start men at war assault squad it comes up with MSVCR71.dll file not found. I have reinstalled this game 3 times on two PC,s and it comes back the same.
I have tried downloading the file but i am not very good with software so not sure if i have done this right or not. Its a zipped file and looks liek it as downloaded but not sure if the software can unzip it or.
can someone place give me a step by step guide to sorting this out, the pc is running windows XP, the newer one windows 7 64 bit.
michael

SpeedWolf
08-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure if this will fix it but you can try updating DirectX from here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 let me know if that work.

terry1956
08-05-2011, 03:24 PM
hi, downloaded software, but game still not starting, what a pain this is.

Colonel
08-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Got exactly the same problem. MSVCR71.dll not found.

Damnit ! I was really looking forward to this. I feel like I wanna breakdown and cry.

SpeedWolf
08-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I didn't think updating DirectX would work but anyway is your window registry that didn't Install properly or got remove when you uninstall a software that can leave your registry with a obsolete files It is usually safe to replace your dll files with another one from another windows

so try downloading the dll file below and check it if that solves your problem
http://www.dll4free.com/msvcr71.dll.html

you would have to open the zip-file you have downloaded and Extract the dll to Windows System Folder C:\Windows\System32

if you're unsure what to do i would suggest that you take your computer to a computer shop or someone who know how to fix it for you as this is a missing registry in your window as this got nothing to do with the game.

hope it help.

also on aside note the game is call Men of War Assault Squad not "men at war assault squad"

Colonel
08-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks Speedwolf.

Alas, I already chucked the game because I was really really cheesed off about the whole thing. But maybe I'll pick up another copy this weekend and try it and see.

gold316
10-19-2012, 04:17 AM
msvcr71.dll free download - DLL-files.com

goto that site downlaod and follow the instructions one it installs run MoW
and you are finished

djsatane
10-21-2012, 01:09 AM
You have something not installed properly like Microsoft visual c libraries etc, its not games fault