PDA

View Full Version : Why I think we ALL love this game :)

Bryan21cag
08-05-2011, 01:21 AM
......Because i think if we didn't then none of us would even bother to get on these forums and post about it good or bad :)

I think the bottom line is that no matter how much you disagree with someones opinion we all want the same thing........

The Next Evolutionary leap in WWII flight Simulation Games :) Chockablock Full of Super fun realistic content and all the Greatness in between, that leaves us feeling like it is a worthy and able replacement for its older brother IL2 46 :)

Some people choose to cheer out loud at the possibility of improvements happening at some point and time, others sit quietly in their corner waiting for as long as it takes for this game to come of age, while others feel the need to write letters to the developers and make sure to bring up every chance they can, what they feel is lacking in the game and can be improved upon. :) No matter what path you follow its your rite to follow it as a fan and customer :)

:) now i am reading that everyone is starting to blame each other, saying that because of (insert any members name here) posting on this forum the developers are intentionally holding back patches and communications as some sort of punishment.

I must say that to me this just sounds incredibly ridiculous as it contradicts good business practices. I do not believe that any previously established and successful company would intentionally punish their customers because they felt unhappy with the quality of the product sold to them and were vocal about it. :)

If anything I would think you would want to rapidly do what ever you could as to quickly turn them into your biggest vocal supporters, thus bettering word of mouth promotions of your product before the negative feed back went on too long:) Especially when the market for your product is as small and specialized as this one seems to be. Just my opinion :)

Its actually what I think makes this forum and its potential visibility to the developers so great :) If they do something very popular they know about it right away and if they do something un-popular they also know about it right away. Ultimately they are going to decide what will be done in response but the feed back is there both good and bad for them to judge. If you take this away though by censoring locking, and or deleting any thread that is deemed not worthy of being read then you remove that which makes it so valuable.

When I first joined this forum almost a year and a half ago I chastised a lot of its members because I thought they were giving unfair criticism while waiting for the next free content update to come out. Some of what i said may have had some truth to it because to me complaining about something you get for free is just silly :) but the rules have changed a bit now and I think i better understand how useful of a tool this type of site can be for game developers.

any way enough babbling from me:)
in closing I still say We all must (Like) this game in our own way:) Maybe not for how it currently is (myself included) but at least for how we want it to be someday :) (myself included)

Cheers all :)

Mr Logic
08-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Your mis-spelling of the word 'right' lends little credence to your sentiments.

Bryan21cag
08-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Your mis-spelling of the word 'right' lends little credence to your sentiments.

OOps thank you for pointing that out :) I barely finished high school and then spent 8 years in the military after graduation and was never even remotely very good at spelling and punctuation. Compounding this fact I never went to any follow on schooling after leaving the military to improve upon my abilities, so I am afraid that i fall short on these skills often. My many thanks again for bringing this to my attention :) I have made the correction.

Cheers:)

Mr Logic
08-05-2011, 01:53 AM
I require no gratitude.

Targ
08-05-2011, 02:08 AM
I dont love this game. I like it though, so I suppose liking could lead to loving and loving leads to...

ATAG_Dutch
08-05-2011, 02:19 AM
I dont love this game. I like it though, so I suppose liking could lead to loving and loving leads to...

...extremely large bills for child support?;-)

Targ
08-05-2011, 02:29 AM
Something like that!

kendo65
08-05-2011, 04:39 AM
I'd just like to welcome Mr. Spock...err Logic to the forums.

Surely a very tardy response to the OP there, Mr Logic!?

Bryan - you have more patience than I would have - or do have at 5.42am at least:?

DayGlow
08-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Don't love the game, have hope for it, but doesn't seem to giro the community like Il2 did.

Ze-Jamz
08-05-2011, 06:13 AM
...extremely large bills for child support?;-)

I concur.

JG52Uther
08-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Like it, don't love it.I WANT to love it, like I did with il2, for 10 years.

Phazon
08-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Like it, don't love it.I WANT to love it, like I did with il2, for 10 years.

Same here. I do like some aspects of the game and I do want to love it and hold the game in the same esteem as I do RoF and the DCS games but I just can't. I see the love they put into some aspects of the game such as the aircraft modelling (graphics, FM, DM) but I always come away disappointed because the rest of the game just doesn't match it with the same level of quality.

If the next patch shows that they do have the resources available to polish the game (new sound engine was a good decision) then my opinion will change. :)

335th_GRExandas
08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Why I think we ALL love this game :)

yeah why do you think that :-P

Bryan21cag
08-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Ok in hindsight it seems that Love was too strong a word lol

but I think my principle was sound :P I guess in my long winded way I was just trying to say that I really don't think if any one of us truly wanted this game to fail we wouldn't bother posting on the things we like and dislike about it. We would all just not even acknowledge its existence :) LOL guess i should have just said that. Oh well :_)

danjama
08-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I'd just like to welcome Mr. Spock...err Logic to the forums.

Surely a very tardy response to the OP there, Mr Logic!?

Bryan - you have more patience than I would have - or do have at 5.42am at least:?

+1

His posts weren't even directed at me and i'm almost livid.

RCAF_FB_Orville
08-06-2011, 05:19 PM
+1

His posts weren't even directed at me and i'm almost livid.

LOL......I've explained this before on another thread, but he is supposed to be annoying. 'Mr Logic' is the most annoying *bleep* on planet earth and is a fictional 'Viz' magazine character (the comic from Newcastle). :grin:

Just waiting how long it takes for someone to attempt to murder him (he is regularly killed in the comic strip in amusing ways by irate people for being such an insufferable, humourless, socially inept arse who takes everything literally lol. I have a feeling that 'Mr Logic' might actually be a playful swipe at someone we know, but the less said about that the better hmm. :grin:

See here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Logic

You have been warned. :grin:

Mr Logic
08-06-2011, 08:56 PM
I discern no logical thought processes employed in your attempt to turn what is purported to be a social networking site for people of a common interest into a venue for the assassination of one member's character.

Bryan21cag
08-07-2011, 04:39 AM
LOL......I've explained this before on another thread, but he is supposed to be annoying. 'Mr Logic' is the most annoying *bleep* on planet earth and is a fictional 'Viz' magazine character (the comic from Newcastle). :grin:

Just waiting how long it takes for someone to attempt to murder him (he is regularly killed in the comic strip in amusing ways by irate people for being such an insufferable, humourless, socially inept arse who takes everything literally lol. I have a feeling that 'Mr Logic' might actually be a playful swipe at someone we know, but the less said about that the better hmm. :grin:

See here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Logic

You have been warned. :grin:

AHHHHHHHHH EYE SEA :) lOl this make his posts even funnier then they already were :) I love comedy that elicits a massive response out of people, good or bad. that's my cup of tea :) thanks for the info I will have to check out some of the comic strips now too if there on line :P

cheers and well played Logic..... well played :P

Bryan21cag
08-07-2011, 04:49 AM
OMG my stomach hurt and I was crying just reading the snippet from the WIKI page this is great. thanks again for posting the info.

Here is an example; Mr Logic is in charge of the till at the local off-licence

Armed Robber: No nonsense. Just give me all your money.

Mr Logic: I shall commence by pointing out to you that my demeanor is not one which could be described as nonsensical. Consequently I can attest you have no cause to reprimand me on your first point. On to your second point: Bearing in mind the potentially lethal situation in which I find myself, to wit: your presence in conjunction with the presumably loaded firearm which is presently leveled at my cranium, I will comply with your request comprehensively, albeit reluctantly. Here, twenty-seven pence.

Armed Robber: Twenty-seven pence? $%#@ off. There's more than that in the till.

Mr Logic: Indeed, undoubtedly so. However your request was for *my* money. The currency in the till belongs to a third party and is therefore not "my money" However, if you are still desirous of said money I would suggest that you re-phrase your original statement to recognize and incorporate this important distinction.

Richie
08-07-2011, 09:12 PM
I think if things keep on like they're going getting the bugs out etc, and then when we carry on threw the war years with different theaters, planes and maps things will become pretty lovey dovey