PDA

View Full Version : Gamers: Y U NO use Lizardmen?

IntelCoreDuo
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Hello, I am new to kb, and just started playing ap. I love the awesome lizardmen from the demo, and want to use more of them in my army, especially the one that spawns and upgrades worms. (Where can I find it anyways?)

However, I can find no one here that ever seems to incorporate lizardmen into their army, at least not under "tactics" section. Why is this? Are they only available too late in the game? If so, is there any way of getting them earlier?

Sir Whiskers
08-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Hello, I am new to kb, and just started playing ap. I love the awesome lizardmen from the demo, and want to use more of them in my army, especially the one that spawns and upgrades worms. (Where can I find it anyways?)

However, I can find no one here that ever seems to incorporate lizardmen into their army, at least not under "tactics" section. Why is this? Are they only available too late in the game? If so, is there any way of getting them earlier?

Just a guess, but it could be because they are generally available only late in the game. Prior to finding the map to Reha, lizardmen units are rare. By the time I get there, I've already developed my army and strategies.

That said, one of these days, I plan to start a game with the "all troops on Debir" mod just so I can try them out from the start.

IntelCoreDuo
08-05-2011, 07:10 AM
How annoying. That reminds me on how certain pokemon were not available until endgame, and were thus useless/difficult to fit in, like dragonite f.eg

Is there a particular order to the islands? Could I get there earlier by thinking ahead, what is the island where I get map to lizardman island?

dainbramage
08-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Maps are random, but reha is generally the last island you visit, and has the highest level enemies.

Zechnophobe
05-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Just to note, maps are not random. A map in a specific location always will take you to a specific other island.

Which maps show up is a little random however, and generally exclusive. For instance, on Bolo there is a map to Rusty Anchor. It is either guarded by the stack right next to where you spawn, or near the house of the Barbarian's Wife. The second one is really easy to get without fighting, but the first one you must fight to get (or do really hokey 'kiting').

Fatt_Shade
05-24-2012, 11:52 AM
It`s not last island to visit in general. 90% of time reha map is found on elon, and by that time you should have enough lds to take interesting army, so when you get to elon and find reha map go there and get as much lizardemen as possible, then return to elon and have fun with them (you`ll have elon, nameless, shetera, reha left to clear, maybe uzala) so plenty of time to enjoy lizard race.
As for not using them, who said that ? They next to humans with high moral build (take tirex and scaly bracelet and +3 moral to lizards, among easiest way to max moral to 1 race), and build that is most common with them : gorgul, gorguana, brontor/(paladin), chosha/highterrant and tirex. In red sands mod there are more lizard units so more builds available.
But as Sir Whiskers said if you want them before that time, try to find `all troops on debir` and instal it, there you`ll have all races on first island available and ready to use. Only problem here is that you`ll have enough lds to take only few and have to go back to restock your army often.
Have fun :-)

Mygaffer
10-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Just to note, maps are not random. A map in a specific location always will take you to a specific other island.

Which maps show up is a little random however, and generally exclusive. For instance, on Bolo there is a map to Rusty Anchor. It is either guarded by the stack right next to where you spawn, or near the house of the Barbarian's Wife. The second one is really easy to get without fighting, but the first one you must fight to get (or do really hokey 'kiting').

Kiting may not be for everyone but it is a mechanic of the game. The developers would not have left it in for Armored Princess/Crossworlds otherwise. The great part of a mechanic like that is that only people interested in it have to use it. It can be really fun and challenging to "kite" certain enemies. I enjoy doing it.

On topic, the reason I have never used those units, except in one of the Crossworlds games where you fight all boss battles, is because you get them so late in the game. Hopefully Warriors of the North, coming out Oct. 26, will incorporate them, your post makes me want to play with these units more.

ncknck
06-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Lizardmen suck. Low resistances. In fact most of them have weaknesses. To physical damage even.

Fatt_Shade
06-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Why would some race need resistances to be interesting to play ?
Girl power build is very weak in attack/defense/resistances, but still that is highest dmg output build in whole game. Pick some build, and accept it with both bad and good points.
Lizardmen have interesting units (even more in Red sands mod).
Gorguls dish out insane amounts of dmg, gorguna support with sick blood curse, brontors among best tanks in game, with automatic retaliation to all attackers. Chosha/Highterran for summoning meatshields. Or go Tirex for debuff enemy units, and +moral to your`s.