PDA

View Full Version : IL2-46 Readme Problem(s)

Mogster
01-04-2008, 11:06 PM
A question for Evgeny [or anyone else who can advise]. I've had IL2-46 for some months and have never been able to activate the Readme topic on the startup menu. I have WordPad working, but simply get a blank WordPad screen when selecting Readme on the menu. I am not a computor expert, by any means, but I just tried to open the Readme with M$ Works and, DA DA, it 'work'ed. But, the Readme is entirely in German (?).
Here are the first few lines. I did look through the entire document, to see if any other language followed; but, no luck.
Is there any method I can use to acquire an English Readme??

README

IL-2: Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters.

Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Version 4.04m – 4.07m

Achtung: Die DVD-Version wird mit dem Pacific Fighters-Handbuch ausgeliefert, da es die neuesten Funktionen und Merkmale der Simulation am deutlichsten erklärt. Dieses Readme enthält die letzten aktuellen Informationen, die sich seit Drucklegung des Handbuchs ergeben haben. Alle anderen Informationen befinden sich im Pacific Fighters-Standardhandbuch. Sie finden es in elektronischer Form im Start-Menü unter Programme –> Ubisoft –> Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946 -> Pacific Fighters-Handbuch

Hinweis: Dieses Dokument enthält verschiedene Fassungen der Readme-Datei für die Versionen 4.07, 4.06, 4.05 and 4.04, jeweils in Englisch, Französisch und Deutsch. Bitte lesen Sie alle Informationen in den Readme-Dateien in Ihrer Sprache.

Missionsbesprechungen und andere Teile die zu den neuen Erweiterungen 4.05, 4.06 und 4.07 gehören, stehen nur in Englisch zur Verfügung und wurden nicht lokalisiert.

brando
01-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Take a look in the root folder of the game where you should find Readme files in French, German & English. I'm not sure why yours opens in German?

Title page ...

"README

IL-2: Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters.

Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946

.Version 4.04m – 4.07m

Attention: The DVD version is shipping with the Pacific Fighters manual, as it is the most representative of the latest features in the simulation. This readme contains the latest up-to-date information that has changed since the manual was created. For all other items please see the standard Pacific Fighters manual. You can find the electronic manual by going to the Start Menu –> Programs –> Ubisoft –> Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946 -> Pacific Fighters Manual

Note: This document contains separate readmes for the 4.07, 4.06, 4.05 and 4.04 versions. Please make sure to read all pertinent information in all four readmes in your language.

Mission briefings and some other texts that are part of new 4.05, 4.06 and 4.07 content are only available in English, and are not localized into other languages"

... the above is what I see if I go via the Windows (XP) Start menu.

Note that I am using MS Office/ Word, and I bought the DVD from GoGamer from the UK.

B

wgvette
01-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Mogster,
If you go into your IL-2 file and look for [ReadmePF.rtf] this is the read me file in english and will open with word pad.

Mogster
01-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks, you two. I might have become confused after setting up a copy of 4.08m in order to install 4.09b over the original. I can now read the 4.08m Readme (56kb), but when I select the PF Readme (300+kb) I still get the blank WordPad screen. I'll probably reload the PF Readme from the PF CD into the 4.08m Directory. At least I can now read the 4.08m updates. Cheers . . .

fabianfred
01-07-2008, 03:03 AM
a lot of M$ Word files are a pain to open...even if you HAVE Word...because often older versions are incompatible

worst program M$ made ...IMHO