PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best IL-2 Online Server?

ddmd80
01-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Who provides the best online server for IL-2 with full real settings? I would like to fly with pilots who "keep it real" not arcade like. I fly from the United States any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Rama
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
"Spit vs 109" and "Zeke vs Wildcats" have a a very good reputation.
I fly there when I don't fly AW

Fighterduck
01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
uhm...for me UKs ones and Sky of Valor are the best.But this is personal taste.

robtek
01-04-2008, 03:22 PM
sturmovik 1 und sturmovik2 in germany
http://by.sturmovik.de/index.php?lang=DE&target=stats
http://by.sturmovik.de/index.php?lang=DE&target=statsII

RaVe
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Guts_Glory is the best one. <find it in hyperlobby and ASE

High speed dedicated server
Great settings great plane sets really fun maps.
no mods allowed server setting are tight, to prevent lag as well as prevent cheats.
a very smooth server.
Its not choppy or laggy.

The server con fig is properly set for a smooth game play anti mod and anti cheat ie speed cheats are auto booted.

most "POPULAR" servers just are to choppy and the FPS are bad .
As the server settings are mismanaged ,the maps are way to heavy IE maps not optimized for smooth game play.

Its Full switch settings aside from speed bar.
Missions from bi planes on up to late war.
fast action objective based maps

ALSO:::!!!!
ATTENTION CO'S.

-=FA=- www.forgottenassassins.com (http://www.forgottenassassins.com)
Invites you to feel free to use our server as a training ground for your squad if you fly axis or allied, We think that you will find our almost full switch server we use (speed bar and map)

This server is a great arena to train in.

Its smooth has lots of bandwidth and has a wonderful variety of balanced map/plane sets to chose from.

Plane and map set options are from
WWI(bi planes)style maps to late war WW2.
The maps are objective based.

If any CO's would like contact me about the use of our server known in Hyperloby as Guts_Glory
please feel free to post here .

I will be happy to contact you to discuss ADMIN RIGHTS as well as map lists.
This would be a great way to populate the server and get a group of organized pilots together.

We would like to get a group of like minded folks together to fly Together.
To fly the Sim as it was designed to be flown.

The maps are fast paced with balanced plane sets.
Again objective based.

WW I ------>late WW2 running 24/7
Find us in hyper As Guts_Glory.

please join us.

We try to minimize file conflicts by running the server tight.

Get skins @
www.RaVeNskins.com (http://www.RaVeNskins.com)

~S~
-=FA=-RaVeN

msalama
01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
SpitsVs109, ZekeVsWildcat and by.sturmovik.II are my personal favourites. Excellent servers all.

BSS_Sniper
01-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Spits vs 109's and Zeke's vs Wildcats are the only one's I saw there that are Fullswitch and are historically based. They have a good regular group that can be trusted and police the server, but usually there is admin on. Best two servers IMO

Warclouds is a really good european based theater server. Other than limited icons, it is fullswitch and mission based.

Skies of Valor has externals on so you can look from outside the cockpit and scroll through all the players to see where they are, padlock is enabled and icons. Not fullswitch by a longshot.

Gut's n Glory is pretty fun, but it's a WW1 based.

Fighterduck
01-04-2008, 04:36 PM
padlock is enabled

did they change it?...i think last time i flew here it was disabled..but i can be wrong ^^

JG52Uther
01-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Who provides the best online server for IL-2 with full real settings? I would like to fly with pilots who "keep it real" not arcade like. I fly from the United States any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Join a squad that flies in online wars.

BSS_Sniper
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
did they change it?...i think last time i flew here it was disabled..but i can be wrong ^^

I guess they did, I just checked on HL.

Thunderbolt56
01-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Spits-vs-109's and Zekes-vs-Wildcats are both Warbirds of Prey servers. They are full-switch, have their own forums and maintain stats for the pilots that fly there. They also host a TeamSpeak server. Here's their link: http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php

Guts-n-Glory is a great server hosted by RaVen that is VERY well done. It's been expanded a bit to include content other than just WWI.

WoW (Winds of War) is hosted by the FA squad and is an excellent server as well with stats and TEamSpeak as well. Here's their forum link: http://favacw.dyndns.org/faforum/index.php?sid=22115e72de485f34f3d609862721255b

Get online. This sim truly shines when flown online.

crazyivan1970
01-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Spit-vs-109' and Zeke-vs-Wildcat... Admins and contributors deffinitely did a great job.

Zorin
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
UKdedicated3

-Part of the UKdedicated servers network, offering over 90 historical missions from 1936-1945 and beyond

-Well known for its active community creating such events as the Bomber nights (Warwings cooperation) and the DedicatedMission

F19_Klunk
01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
SpitsVs109, ZekeVsWildcat and by.sturmovik.II are my personal favourites. Excellent servers all.

+1 .. all those are my favourites too...
gotta have full switch..;)

Fighterduck
01-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I guess they did, I just checked on HL.

oooh shame! :(

F19_Klunk
01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
oooh shame! :(

ouch.. didn't know..:(

TUCKIE_JG52
01-05-2008, 01:10 AM
I vote for =Grij dedicado=

Real settins, despit unreal RPS. When I want to fire at will without forgetting realism, tha'ts my choice.

If I want to fly a mission then I go to historical servers, of course... :)

Erkki
01-08-2008, 06:15 AM
AFW of course... And of df servers, Spit vs 109 and Zeke vs Wildcat, tho both are unlike they claim only history based not historical and have a few biased maps. I guess I actually saw a map with only CW Spitties but wasnt it removed right after few first tries? :)

FR, or at least no external views, cockpit on and no icons, is a must.

Thunderbolt56
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
All of the DF servers, their admins and mapmakers are constantly trying to achieve a higher level of historical accuracy while maintaining playability and balance. The pilot numbers in a DF room are dynamic and too unpredictable to try to keep true historical accuracy.

For true historical accuracy, your best bet is coops.

FA_Retro-Burn
01-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Self nomination --- Winds of War of course :)

We also host some of the Forgotten Skies campaigns.

robtek
01-09-2008, 02:58 PM
All of the DF servers, their admins and mapmakers are constantly trying to achieve a higher level of historical accuracy while maintaining playability and balance. The pilot numbers in a DF room are dynamic and too unpredictable to try to keep true historical accuracy.

For true historical accuracy, your best bet is coops.

In a true historical mission most of the pilots have to be newbies, that wont happen as the pilots
online mostly at least veteran if not ace.
So you canĀ“t find a "true" historical server because the ai in coops is cheating.

CH_kurkio
01-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Zekes vs Wildcats and Spits vs 109's

ABC123
01-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Spits-vs-109's and Zekes-vs-Wildcats are both Warbirds of Prey servers. They are full-switch, have their own forums and maintain stats for the pilots that fly there. They also host a TeamSpeak server. Here's their link: http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php

Guts-n-Glory is a great server hosted by RaVen that is VERY well done. It's been expanded a bit to include content other than just WWI.

WoW (Winds of War) is hosted by the FA squad and is an excellent server as well with stats and TEamSpeak as well. Here's their forum link: http://favacw.dyndns.org/faforum/index.php?sid=22115e72de485f34f3d609862721255b

Get online. This sim truly shines when flown online.

I like all he said but the guts-nGlory..

The WOW server just needs to get some more people flying in it. " too bad spits was not hosted on this server "

#1 is Spits vs 109s they are very well balanced in the fighters and settings keep most of the kids away. " they just need a few 262 maps " like they did before to finish out the war.

:)

FA_Retro-Burn
01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I like all he said but the guts-nGlory..

The WOW server just needs to get some more people flying in it. " too bad spits was not hosted on this server "

#1 is Spits vs 109s they are very well balanced in the fighters and settings keep most of the kids away. " they just need a few 262 maps " like they did before to finish out the war.

True. We've been doing a lot of FS and taking up server time hosting.

crazyivan1970
01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Winds Of War was a great server, indeed. Too bad it`s empty nowdays.

RaVe
01-13-2008, 04:56 AM
Uk deicated 3 not to bad also

na85
01-13-2008, 05:41 AM
Warclouds is ok if you don't mind playing the same plane-set all the time. Lots of skilled pilots.

greypeace
01-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Talking about ON LINE play

I never played on line as I had no ADSL
Now I have a capped contract
I would like to know a few things to see if I can at last try the online facilities.
Here goes:
1/ price
2/ traffic consumption (due to capped contract)
per hour if possible ... bytes in + bytes out as they are counted for the cap

That would allow me to decide if I can afford it.

Although the cheating spoken about disgust me.
That is only a game .Cheating is nothing to be proud of

Thank you all ... starting with Oleg......

DerAlte
01-13-2008, 05:32 PM
AAA or Skies of Fire............................WORD!

DerAlte

RaVe
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I have been biting my tongue as to how many recommended a really bad server, and have overlooked a great server so here goes.

Winds Of War was a great server, indeed. Too bad it`s empty now days.

So true..Wind of War should be given an award for very high standards!!!

I was in there the other night. How refreshing.

Great pilots great maps, fantastic server settings, it's how all servers should be set up! Cheech< great map maker btw
IKYO ,Guse and all the guys that contribute to the server should be commended and noticed.

The server should be used. Its great!

They started to host Forgotten skies and lost the crowd for a bit but now they have the winds of war server running 24/7 so get back in there folks.

Maps are great plane sets are great.
The server is fast and strong and there is a stats page and forum.

In comparison Sv109 is not even in the same league.

Why so many recommend and fly in S v109 is beyond my comprehension .

After donating $ over the years
(with out a single thank you by the way)
to Sv109 I don't like what its become. An over rated laggy server.

I would not recommend it now.

The maps have to many objects that are just slapped down and not tested for smooth game play.
As a result the server has lots of problems in regard to game play.

Its just not a smooth server.
It is not my system either.
I run a very fast computer with gobs of ram Quad core and a kick butt video card along with a business class broadband connection. I find it still a poor server.

It seems that a rented server should be much smoother.
Its simply sub par.

I have found over many years its best to recommend to others only the best. Sending out the wrong word of mouth recommendation is a dis service to who you are recommending something to.
In real life it can come back and bite you in the Ass.

That said,
I suppose its a mater of standards, some like velvet Elvis posters too. To each their own.

A maps can be made with both an inversive object/objective based system as well as smooth game play.

It involves taking the time to test the maps carefully.

The winds of war guys test the maps out before they are put into the cycle for smooth game play. If their maps do not pass muster they are not used . no mater how cool they look.

Winds of War also keeps the game as it was meant to be played with out mods.
Therefor file integrity is protected.
This also leads to very smooth game play.

Like to use mods??
They also do offer a really well managed alternate server that allows for the proper use of mods Called.......WAR WINGS
Its very well policed and a shining example of how an official wrapped or bundled mod pack would be of benefit to the community.
They make sure that everyone who plays in that server has the SAME MODS installed. You must be trusted and registered to play on that server.
Now thats the correct way to deal with mods.
By keeping things uniform throughout.

spits V 109 on the other hand allows any and every mod in there and its a mess do to the file conflicts.
The server also cant handle the #'s that fly in there.
Its wile nilly and game play shows the end result of that kind of mismanagement.

Sorry to bash spits V 109 so much but after lots of $ into it over the years I am very disappointed it how it is run lately.

Why more don't fly wind of war is beyond me.. It provides a far better, smoother game play experience than the other server that the masses fly in.

Some of the best servers out there are unpopulated, its very sad.

Historia for example was fantastic but again fell by the wayside.
I just don't get it.

Just because lots fly in a server doesn't mean its a good server.
Don't follow the heard.
Raise your standards and treat yourself to a Quality server.

There is a better alternative.

Winds of war gets an A+A+ as far as servers go be sure!

AAA or Skies of Fire............................WORD!
DerAlte
LOL good joke

Monguse
01-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your comments Rave

We invite everyone to download the skin packs as both of our servers are skin DL. If you do not wish to download the skins and netcache files you might experience a burp here and there.

The skin packs are located here
http://favacw.dyndns.org/faforum/viewtopic.php?t=2006

We welcome you to our house.

96th_Nightshifter
01-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Quite a few I like to fly in that have already been mentioned, the best for me regarding all aspects like missions, skins on, players that frequent it, settings etc. has to be "UK Dedicated 3".

Superb server IMO.

Zinger
01-17-2008, 06:04 AM
I have been biting my tongue as to how many recommended a really bad server, and have overlooked a great server so here goes.

So true..Wind of War should be given an award for very high standards!!!

<Rant against Spits vs. 109's>

And you wouldn't be biased towards an FA server, would you, FA_Raven ?

mondo
01-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Zeke vs Wildcat is my all time favorite. About as good as it gets for a DF server immersion.

Warclouds is also good but forsakes realism for balance when it comes to the missions/planesets. Make sure to get on WC TS though as most of the pilots are on there, working together.

If your into co-ops then look for a guy called Aviar on HL. He has some very good co-ops.

Monguse
01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Zinger

Raven is a different FA he's -=FA=- (Flying Assassin). The FA are Fallen Angels

Hope that cleared it up.

Here is a link to the FA (Fallen Angels) Forums

http://favacw.dyndns.org/faforum/index.php

Erkki
01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
LOL @ RaVe :grin:

Thought it was a poll and not an advertising thread?

RaVe
01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
And you wouldn't be biased towards an FA server, would you, FA_Raven ?

Hi Zinger, To clarify I am -=FA=-RaVen (forgotten Assassins)
http://www.forgottenassassins.com/ It's a totally different squad than
FA(Fallen Angels)
In our -=FA=- We have our very own server called (Guts_Glory) I did not mention our server in the post.
I have mentioned it in this thread put not in the post your referring to.

So I think that I am anything but bias.
I'm just speaking plane truth.
Try for your self. You will see what I'm talking about.

It is an honest mistake no worries m8. Our squads get confused allot -=FA=- has been around a very long time.
My post is my own and I am not speaking on behalf of my squad for the record.
Thanks for your concern

Zinger

Raven is a different FA he's -=FA=- (Flying Assassin). The FA are Fallen Angels <<< Err... "Forgotten Assassins" ..50 Lashes..nice name, we may change it now :)

~S~RaVe

crazyivan1970
01-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Guse, how much you paid RaVen for posted above...come on, you can tell us :D

Monguse
01-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Dunno Ivan, maybe Raven should be on the payroll after this one.

:D

RaVe
01-17-2008, 08:58 PM
"The RaVen Group" is a non profit, community service organization,working for the best interests of the people...

Were not allowed to take money from special interests groups.... :)

Xiola
01-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Ukdedicated2, historic scenarios, fantastic planesets, great admins and regulars, Missions have been carefully and lovingly tweaked by great map makers.

Not high difficulty, not arcade, just great settings for fun flying with friends. And NO ATTITUDE (You get the odd idiot who thinks he's the bees knees, but he doesn't last long ;))

if you want to show off your 'skillz' or be a 'solo ace' then pick one of the other 'ego servers'. If you want friendly flying with other pilots with a team attitude and no egos, then try Ukded2. I love it.

Other good ones = Spits vs 109's , Warclouds new server which has missions from all years not just the same old boring 1944 one. (I forgot its name)

Ccrashh
01-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Thank you Rave for your opinions. It would have been nice if you had been courteous enough to voice them at Warbirds instead of here.

It is the policy of Warbirds of Prey to not promote our servers in other forums. I personally find it impolite to use someone elses resources and equipment to forward my own interests, OR to take advantage of others equipment to the detriment of anyone else's server.

HOWEVER, your post here needs to be addressed.

Allow me to correct a few of your statements.

After donating $ over the years
(with out a single thank you by the way)
to Sv109 I don't like what its become. An over rated laggy server.

All financial issues for Warbirds go exclusively through me. I have no record of any funds donated to Warbirds of Prey by you.

Mind you I just took over the server as of July. Any issues you have prior to that are beyond my control. HOWEVER every person who has contributed to Warbirds (since I took over) is contacted by email and in some cases with a "Thank you" card delivered by US Mail.

Yes, back in November we had issues with our server. Through no fault of our own. We survived as best we could with what we had.
That is why my first priority was to upgrade the server. Which we did.
You have no idea what our machine is now. Or it's capabilities. Suffice it to say it easily exceeds the specifications you listed for your personal machine.

According to server records you have not been on the Warbirds servers since November. So you haven't even been on the new machine to critique it.
We don't have a single entry of you flying, firing a bullet, or dropping a bomb, nor do we have any listing that shows you shooting down anyone or being shot down yourself since the new server came online.

We also have no posts by you in our forums for the past 4 months (which covers the timeframe when the server was upgraded). Nor can I find any posts at all. I also don't have any record of a single PM or email from you.

Any "concerns" you had with Warbirds were not conveyed to myself or any other admin of Warbirds of Prey on our website. It appears you saved it for here, a place that has nothing to do with Warbirds....NICE....

spits V 109 on the other hand allows any and every mod in there and its a mess do to the file conflicts.
The server also cant handle the #'s that fly in there.
Its wile nilly and game play shows the end result of that kind of mismanagement.

Warbirds of Prey does not support any mods. In point of fact we run CRT=2 and the admins record and review tracks continuously looking for infractions. We support the standard issue game that comes right out of the box. Nothing else..

Sorry to bash spits V 109 so much but after lots of $ into it over the years I am very disappointed it how it is run lately.

I don't believe you are sorry at all. Never have I seen such a blanket misrepresentation of the facts.

Unlike your post.. I know what I'm talking about.
I own the server.

I wish you the best of luck with your server.
You can rest assured that no admin from Warbirds of Prey will be found bashing your server in anyone else's forums.

Ccrashh
1st Horseman
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/Ccrashh-PR-/wopStaff.gif

Tinman86
01-18-2008, 02:58 AM
The Rogue-Saints Hyperlobby server is, by far, the best. We have the best map maker in the whole wide world [RS]Lazarus.

20 cycled maps from dusk to dawn....beautiful sky lines, rich flight environments. Mature flying is a must with a zero tolerance for vulgar chat and offensive call signs. Chat logs monitored. Server runs at capacity every day!

Come and try!

crazyivan1970
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
You dont need to defend yourself crash, hard core IL2 junkies know that Spit vs 109s offers NOTHING, but quality simming. It`s the only server i played on for the past year (that and Zeke v Wildcat), along with other SEOW junkies... and believe me, i am picky fellow :D

RaVen just got too much money from Guse, he didnt mean any of that...all guses fault, no doubt :D

kid_SA
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I've had a lot of fun on Spit-109 and Zeke-WC, but I have experienced lag with many players on the server at once, sometimes quite radical lag. Then again, I don't fly on many servers with quite so many people on, so for all I know it's a limitation of the game engine.

The other issue are the people. Kill stealing is common, often at the risk of collisions. I'm not one who thinks this is the ultimate damnable offence worthy of the 5th circle of hell, but it does break the mood to have a zero snake across your flight pass when you've done a lag displacement roll to get behind a wildcat, and proceeds to get the kill. Or if my target is smoking. Fair enough that he is not down, and still a threat, but courtesy should dictate that I can handle him, since he's smoking.

This is not directed only at the WBoP servers, but all large servers. The small group dynamics seem to be missing somewhat, which is a shame. I've had some really great fun there randomly flying with people I'd never met before, but overall the experience of others is one that annoys me. People are selfish, in the end.

I'm keen to try out Guts_Glory, but I've yet to find anyone on. Unless the IP changes periodically or something, I've once seen one guy on, and not since. Further, I do get a kick out of the full real environment without any compromises. A speed bar is still 3 glowing lines of red text in the corner of my eye, and navigation was a very important part of flying.

So back to the question: what servers are full (no compromises) real, feature great maps, and have a small, hardcore group of flyers that work as a team? Warbirds of Prey has disadvantages, but frankly I've yet to find a rival.

ADW is heaps of fun for more structured play though. The tension when your actions matter is indescribable, and the action is perpetual.

What's AW like? I see it on HL (though I'm an ASE user mostly) but how is it set up? I take it it's a set of coops? Are the settings Full Real or is it up to the host to choose?

F19_Klunk
01-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Warbirds of Prey servers are indeed a well managed set of servers. They offer high quality objective based missions on high performance hardware. For a guy who lives in Scandinavia, I have rarely problems with lagging or high ping, and when I do it is exclusively because of my own shortcomings hardware-wise.

If you have issues with any mission, please let them know in their forum - they have always been open for suggestions regarding improvements... both the "Old" and the "New" management.

I have no complaints at all - other than rare occasional bad bahaviour amongst ceratain pilots, and that is not their responibility - but they do "police" the activity on the servers.. VERY closely and eagerly ;).. bad behaviour is found on any server..

I highly recommend Warbirds of prey servers - pretty much the only ones I find to meet my demands on quality "air time"

JG52Uther
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
AFW:
http://war.by-airforce.com/

crazyivan1970
01-18-2008, 03:59 PM
People should also keep in mind that lag is often induced by users themselves and their weak hardware. You can put a NASA computer to host IL2, that aint going to help someone with 1GB of RAM on 3 years old system... he will warp right in the front of you whether you like it or not if there is A LOT going on around him... and no server hardware or high speed connection will prevent that...

RaVe
01-18-2008, 05:01 PM
You dont need to defend yourself crash, hard core IL2 junkies know that Spit vs 109s offers NOTHING, but quality simming. It`s the only server i played on for the past year (that and Zeke v Wildcat), along with other SEOW junkies... and believe me, i am picky fellow :D

RaVen just got too much money from Guse, he didnt mean any of that...all guses fault, no doubt :D

Not picky enough Ivan... :)

For the record please don't bring Guse into it.
He has nothing to do with my personal opinions. Its not fair. Joking around or not, some may not think your joking. :)

CCrash
Pm is the place for this.

But I'm forced to respond to your post here.

Allow me to correct a few of YOUR statements.

First off let me begin with a personal apology in regard to the no thank you for donations. You are correct
I have not give any $ in over 10 months.

I'm sorry that that comment landed on you.
I am glad to see that you do have the Class to thank people for donating. Unlike your predecessor.
Again my apologies.

That said there are several things that you said in your defense that are completely INFURIATING.

You come off as honorable in your presentation, but it is not fooling me.

lets be honest here. You don't need to change the facts or stretch time frames to make your points.

According to server records you have not been on the Warbirds servers since November. So you haven't even been on the new machine to critique it.
We don't have a single entry of you flying, firing a bullet, or dropping a bomb, nor do we have any listing that shows you shooting down anyone or being shot down yourself since the new server came online.

I haven't been on your server since NOV?

The Hell I haven't! Both as -=FA=-Raven and other handles to remain anonymous.

Why don't you mention the month of December? I was heavily testing the server then?

You use Stat reset to insulate your time frame.

I HAVE been in the server since your new system was put in place. I was in there as recently as a week ago.
I have many on line friends that can vouch for that. I also joined with mods on.

You think I would just make criticisms like that with out basis??

Yes you do own the server. You can also control and manipulate the chat log and stats to conveniently hedge your position.

Short of coming out and saying, it its obvious what you have done to make your point...NICE

It was kind of dumb though, as I have flown with so many on line there that can vouch for me.....

I'm not new to the Sim. I have many that can validate the fact I have flow in the server very recently.

So to try to paint me as some wing nut shooting from the hip seems a bit desperate.

Did you see last weeks chat log? or has it mysteriously vanished ????
I was chatting up a storm in there. I'm sure you saw the chat....

I think It is absolutely disgraceful that you have taken this tack to discredit me in an attempt to save face.

Just because I criticized your server.

I am well with in my rights to do so, and will continue until I see improvements.

Warbirds of Prey does not support any mods. In point of fact we run CRT=2 and the admins record and review tracks continuously looking for infractions. We support the standard issue game that comes right out of the box. Nothing else.

It wasn't until very recently that I see you now have finally started to use check run time 2. That explains the resent drop off in attendance.
I'm glad that you did,fix it.
It has made some of your admins very happy as well.

Lets keep things honest here.

I understand that my personal opinion has hit you in the wallet.Your running a business for profit here.
But You can't expect to take donations and not be criticized for sub par performance.
You have cost, I understand that. But to charge a
"subscription fee"
to give "subscribers" the right to down load stuff that they can get for free on other sites is over the top.

I stand by my comments 100%.
I have seen no noticeable improvement in the server since you have taken over.
if I felt it were a good server I would fly in it. I would donate to it.
As I had since its inception.
I was a huge supporter.
Both on line and Financially.Well over the hundred $ per year range.
Any that know when I like a server I will go out of my way to support it.

The fact that your server does not have my support is telling.
Take my criticisms as constructive and improve it. What you have there is still not working.
I find the server problematic.

After donating lots of $$ over the years to your predecessor and experiencing poor on line game play,I am well within my rights to complain.
Even after you have taken over, I still see the same issues, in spite of what you say.

I am entitled to my opinion and I feel that there are much better servers out there.

I own the server.
I wish you the best of luck with your server.
You can rest assured that no admin from Warbirds of Prey will be found bashing your server in anyone else's forums.

You own the server... Great keep working on it. I hope you can deliver.
So far I don't see any great improvements. When I do I will be happy to recommend the server and happily donate to is success.
As I had from its inception.

Yes I have a server ,That is beside the point.
Its for public use.
I donate it as a gift to the community As i do with skins mission ect for free on my dime and time.
I do this so other squads can use it,admin it , as a practice arena. Or to fly bi planes.
I have no intention to make it anything more.
I'm in no competition with you.I have nothing to gain by criticizing your server.I'm not in it for the money.

If I feel that WOW is a much better, smoother server.

Its my right to say so.

Thats what this thread is about and thats why I posted here, in this thread.

I have posted in the feedback in the past at your site and granted it was with you predecessor. I got no response.
but thats not your fault so I cant hold that against you.

But what I can hold against you is the fact that you have tried to slander my integrity with your innuendos.

As eloquently, honorable, moral ,as you present your self.....

The fact that you stretched the facts to hedge your argument speaks volumes..

cCrash I'm sure you mean well and want the best. But as of now I don't see a change.
Perhaps its simply the maps not well tested. There is defiantly packet loss happening in there on a regular basis. I know many that get hit and hear nothing.

I am pushing for quality. Over the past few years I have been very disappointed with the server. I'm not alone. I'm just the idiot taking the bullets for saying so.
Take the criticism and improve.

You forced me to respond publicly by insinuating I'm a lier or full of shi*.
There is much more I could point out and prove.
At this point, I recommend keeping it in PM . This is no longer the place for our discussion to continue.
please address any concerns to PM as I'm finished here.

I simply was expressing an opinion to help push for quality. I did not mean to create a drama Seine.

People should also keep in mind that lag is often induced by users themselves and their weak hardware. You can put a NASA computer to host IL2, that aint going to help someone with 1GB of RAM on 3 years old system... he will warp right in the front of you whether you like it or not if there is A LOT going on around him... and no server hardware or high speed connection will prevent that...

Good point.. But It happens much to often in Sv109 than in other servers. Servers that have lots of people with lots going on...What you speak about is a very very rare event in WOW and a very common event in Sv109. Thats my point.
how can WOW get around the problem and S v 109 cant?

crazyivan1970
01-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Rav, did you ever run your own server? Do you even know what it takes to run one? I dont know you, i sure hope you are not like this IRL.. Very sad dude... very sad.

RaVe
01-18-2008, 05:32 PM
1. yes
2. yes
3. Only if there is good reason.

Adlerangriff
01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
"So I think that I am anything but bias."

"He who excuses himself, accuses himself."

Petrosky
01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
When typing instead of talking(Teamspeak) (Ventrilo) the
meaning of whats said can be taken in wrong way.

All here have enjoyed Spitsv109s Server and we know
what it takes to put one up for the public to use.

If the server is for any and all users( now that mods are open
to just about anyone able to use a mouse)
Then there will be troubles with the server and until we have
some sort of fix all sides will accept, all servers will have
troubles to some degree.

I think we could agree with so many different files in our game
that troubles are bound to happen when all do not have same versions
being ran at same time on a given server.

That being said some things can be done to help with this problem until
we have a universal way of dealing with all versions

Some servers have figured out how to make things better!
An easy test is Frame rates on given maps on the servers
you fly on,and amount of lag generaly showing up for said
map or server.

Lets Solve this together,I doubt if we would be having this discussion
if the Mods hadn't grown so big so fast without a control method

Thanks for reading, now lets try to enjoy!!

Petrosky

Ccrashh
01-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Raven sorry, you don't make the rules here. You started this bailey work (in an open forum.)

I will not take this to PMs. I have nothing to hide. The only way people will get the facts is to see the debate in the open.

I'll be damned if I'm leaving you with the last word on this subject.

Your entire post was visceral in it's animosity towards Spits.

"I have been biting my tongue as to how many recommended a really bad server,"

"Why so many recommend and fly in S v109 is beyond my comprehension ."

"In comparison Sv109 is not even in the same league."

"Its simply sub par."

"Sending out the wrong word of mouth recommendation is a dis service to who you are recommending something to."

"I suppose its a mater of standards, some like velvet Elvis posters too. To each their own."

"Its wile nilly and game play shows the end result of that kind of mismanagement."

"Just because lots fly in a server doesn't mean its a good server.
Don't follow the heard."

"Raise your standards and treat yourself to a Quality server."

That's not just an opinion.
That's mean, inconsiderate and a blatant effort to draw population to servers that you prefer at the expense of others.

You're also insulting the people who choose to fly on or recommend Spits by accusing them of having questionable taste.

As for my post..

I stated the truth.
Your "opinion" was based on incorrect "facts."
And I most assuredly know what's going on with my own server, a lot more than you do..
For you to suggest that you are more informed than I about Warbirds is arrogance that goes beyond comprehension.

In your last post you have so many personal insults directed at me that I lost count.

I'll stick with the big points.

Your opinion of me is irrelevant.

I am not in this for a profit. If you knew as much about Warbirds or me as you claim you would know that.

I don't see you as the "competition".

I'm not competing with anyone except myself.

I never mentioned your server, nor your intentions regarding that server except to wish you luck..

Loose the Ego..

The fact that your server does not have my support is telling.
Take my criticisms as constructive and improve it. What you have there is still not working.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but your influence on this community is the same as mine.

We have none...

Neither you nor I move the needle on folk's "Give-A-$&%T-O-meter".

Your post cast an unfair disparaging slant on a lot of folk's hardwork and was incorrect.

We do not support Mods. Your post said we do. I submit the following from our forums.

Note the date.

http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1762

We turn CRT=2 off and on at irregular times to do the following.
A. To see who is using mods and who is not (ie track their popularity.)
B. To keep folks who attempt at making modifications from knowing what setting we have on any particular day. This stops people from using us as a test bed to see if the latest attempt at a modification will get past different server settings.

If you knew as much about running a server as you think you do, you would already have figured that out. I'm not required to tell you what our settings are.

I have posted in the feedback in the past at your site and granted it was with you predecessor. I got no response.
but thats not your fault so I cant hold that against you.

geee.. thanks for not "holding" that against me...I'm so relieved....

You do however make my point for me. You admit you never gave us a chance to respond to any of your opinions, because you never gave them.
Yet here you are voicing your "opinion" without so much as a hint to us that you had any concerns.

After donating lots of $$ over the years to your predecessor and experiencing poor on line game play,I am well within my rights to complain.

Then you should have complained back then to him when he was running the joint. To save all of your "years" of frustration and then dump them on Warbirds now is unfair. Especially when you never took the time to try to communicate with us first.

The new server has been in operation for less than a month. Thanks for giving us a chance before bashing us here.

But You can't expect to take donations and not be criticized for sub par performance.
You have cost, I understand that. But to charge a
"subscription fee"
to give "subscribers" the right to down load stuff that they can get for free on other sites is over the top.

It is not over the top.. If you were in on what goes on in Warbirds (oh wait your not) you would know that whole issue is a leftover from the previous owner. We are currently in re-design of the webpage. There is no longer any "Members" area, "Members" forum or "Members" anything.

You point out something we already know and are working on.

I am going to take the following personally though.

You use Stat reset to insulate your time frame.

We reset stats every month. This month we did a couple of resets to do some maintenance to the stats program due to some noted issues brought to our attention.

Yes you do own the server. You can also control and manipulate the chat log and stats to conveniently hedge your position.

Short of coming out and saying, it its obvious what you have done to make your point...NICE

This is paranoia run amuck. Conspiracy theorists unite.
We did land on the moon, and there was only one shooter in Dallas.
To accuse me of altering the server just to win a debate with you is insulting at a minimum and more correctly OUTRAGEOUS!!

I understand that my personal opinion has hit you in the wallet.Your running a business for profit here.

My "wallet" has nothing to do with this. Your insinuation that I'm in this as a business for profit is insulting and wrong. Anyone who is a regular on Warbirds knows all to well that money is the last thing on my mind and has nothing to do with my motives for keeping Warbirds running.

I don't care if we all of a sudden (in your opinion) start "Doing Wonders" and S%&Ting cucumbers.
Please don't feel any need to help us with anything.
I would consider it a personal favor to me if you never set foot on Warbirds ever again.

Nobody insinuated you were a "liar" or full of S#^T. I never got personal. All I said was.

Never have I seen such a blanket misrepresentation of the facts.

I own the server.

Ccrashh

Monguse
01-19-2008, 01:38 AM
Look for Winds or War this weekend.

100% historical mission - If we can't document an aircraft for the map it's not available.

http://www.warwingsart.com/FA_Squad/FA_MonguseSig_359th.jpg

RaVe
01-19-2008, 03:03 AM
It is what it is Crash.

We are both entitled to our opinions.

I wish you the best in your efforts, and obvious concern for ongoing improvements within your server.

Ccrashh
01-19-2008, 03:16 AM
Rgr that Raven,

It is what it is.....

Thank you for your rampart sentiments.

Good luck to you too Sir,

Regards

Ccrashh
1st Horseman

JG6_Express
01-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Raven, very unsportsman like behavior.
This thread was simply a question by an individual as to recommendations of Full Real servers in HL. Having read thru this entire post I think you missed the intent and instead proceeded to proclaim yours is THE best and others were less than. On top of that you proceeded to bash, critisize, and personally attack one of the best servers in HL, aka spits vs 109s, aka warbirds servers.

Raven, you have a good server and skins that are top notch. You provide your time/money/creativity/skills/servers to the community and for that you are to be commended. However, as Crash stated, most who host servers are NOT in competition with anyone else.

I have flown in HyperLobby since IL2 first came out. I have seen many servers come and go. Every single one of them deserves respect just for the fact of the great time/effort/and money that it takes to manage and implement them for the benefit of the pilots who fly there.

I read your piece on spits vs 109's and it was an uncalled for attack against one of the best servers in HL. Your opinions about spits vs 109s were false, misleading, and just plain rude. If you have a personal issue with an individual then hash it out over comm's. Coming in here and publically talking trash about an individual and Server provider does nothing but alienate you from those you are trying to gain.

Building up and praising your own server while degrading someone else's is just a personality issue that you will have to deal with. Humilty is an excellent trait to develope and nuture.

Word of advice. Praise your server all you want to but refrain from negative comments of others. You will have much better success in this community.

With that said, I enjoy all of the servers that have been talked about in here. I have made donations to most of them throughout the years and will continue to do so. They all provide something to the masses and without them, this game would have died off along time ago.

~S~

Petrosky
01-19-2008, 05:29 PM
You trying to keep flame going?

JG6_Express Rav.
said nothing on his server he only spoke
of another server he thinks better that spitsv109s.

We all know how much work goes into running a server
(most regulars do) we like you have been here since IL2

Tact might have been used better, all Rav. was trying to
say is that Spitsv109s has changed alot in the last 6-7 months
and some think not for the better.
We all have flown there and it was great times.
for what ever reasons it has changed lower framerates and lag
than on same type servers. This is not a bash just my observations
over the months We like you enjoyed the server and would like to
see it back to what we enjoyed in the past.
Again I an not attacking any server or Admin.
If i offended any I apologize (not my intention)

Petrosky

RaVe
01-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the in put JG6 I value your opinions as I do Crash's position .

Things are not what they used to be in online...

All the same I'm simply trying to raise the bar.
I know I have no influence but I like to try.Mostly I just make noise and a big mess.

Things are not what they used to be in online...The amount of fullswich servers is down and arcade is way up.

The way I see it the more we all push for more full real server options the better.

The more smooth and enjoyable a server is for the guy making the transition to full switch from arcade the more apt they will be to stick with it.

The more that portion of the community grows. The better for all of us that realize the immersion that full switch offers.

Many don't have a super computer to play this Sim. I know of several folks that must tune down there boxes just to play on Spits.

On other servers, maps and hardware are sensitive to this issue.

Please let me take this opportunity to try to move from the negative tone, THAT I STARTED and in to a positive direction.

Honestly I did not realize that spits had changed hands.
I only knew that I was having the same issues as I had always there.

I had previously posted my concerns there , nothing was done.

As a very active supporter with links on my web site's and financial contributions I was disappointed. I felt taken for granted as my donations were substantial.
I hope you can understand my point of view.

It was my folly not go back into the WoP forums and brush up on the ownership and new management.
How would I know? I basically had written it off as a forum to contribue to,
No excuse All the same.

All I knew is that when I flew the server I still had the same issues even with the servers new system.
I Didn't know it was new till after the fact.

Both Crash and I though the other had there facts wrong. We both defended our Honor as any self-respecting person should.

I did start it . So the blame is on me. I did not take the time to think of the human factor.

All I saw was a server that seemed not to be moving forward, but backward. One that was not running check run time-2.
As every time I joined, I had sound M installed.
I just had hit it when crt-2 was off for testing apparently.

We both got defensive and tossed a few punches.
But after that I came out of it with a very good understanding of Crash and his drive to improve, and raise the bar for the future in his server.

I still stand behind my views that there is still need for improvement.
As well as WOW(<its not my server) is a very high quality server.
Perhaps some sharing of information between the two, if not already done, would benefit us all.

I also came out of it realizing that Crash is a refreshing change from the previous management.

I had given up on contacting posting feedback etc at WOP as it seemed to have fallen on deaf ears in the past.

I will return to the WOP forums and post any recommendations, thoughts, views , map making services, via the proper channels if they will allow it. I'm sure I'm not Mr popular over there :)

My tread was inflammatory and confrontational.
But effective in calling attention to the fact that there is always room for improvement.
I think spits could and will be great. Based on crashes passion it will be very soon.
Already the check runtime 2 is solidly in place. An excellent move. Also bit more tweekage on FPS tests on the maps could be very beneficial to all.

I could have been much more diplomatic and would have been, had I been up to date.
That would not have stirred up the pot nearly as much. I did not realize I was digging at the wrong guy.

My goal here is to at least try to raise the bar for a smooth full switch on line experience.
I think rattling the cage keeps folks form being lulled into complacency.

In any case as I like to say any advertising is good advertising and both servers benefited from the post if you think about it. As It called attention to both.

In any event to Crash I would like to personally apologize to you.
I was not fair,
I was ignorant to the fact that you had taken the rains.

I did get a bit heated up when you said I wasn't in the server since Nov. when I had been . I went into attack mode.

I hope we can put this behind us and move on in a positive direction united.

To JG6 I hear you and you make good points but just to be sure you understand I was not talking about my server I was talking about a completely different server than my silly little hole in the wall. :)

Raven, Having read thru this entire post I think you missed the intent and instead proceeded to proclaim yours is THE best and others were less than.
I wasn't talking about my server. :)

Raven, you have a good server and skins that are top notch. You provide your time/money/creativity/skills/servers to the community and for that you are to be commended. However, as Crash stated, most who host servers are NOT in competition with anyone else.. I agree,I wasn't talking about my server but thanks glad you like it :)

I have flown in HyperLobby since IL2 first came out. I have seen many servers come and go. Every single one of them deserves respect just for the fact of the great time/effort/and money that it takes to manage and implement them for the benefit of the pilots who fly there. I agree

Building up and praising your own server while degrading someone else's is just a personality issue that you will have to deal with. Humilty is an excellent trait to develope and nuture.
But I wasn't talking about me server. :)

Word of advice. Praise your server all you want to but refrain from negative comments of others. You will have much better success in this community.
Um mm err But.....

Just having some fun JG6.
I wasn't talking about my server but I'm picking up what your putting down :)

Can we end this now? All this writing is to much for an illiterate like me... Besides its cutting into our fly time.. :)

~S~RaVe

Ccrashh
01-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Salute Raven,

Water under the bridge M8.
No hard feelings here at all.

Thank you, I too apologize.

Your post did cause me to re-look at a few issues.

I would be a fool to not listen to suggestions.

GOOD HUNTING!!!

Ccrashh
1st Horseman

JG6_Express
01-19-2008, 11:05 PM
~S~ Rave!

Looking forward to flying with or against you soon. Must say I did enjoy that biplane coop mission the other day, was fun and nice skins.
~S~

4H_Poker
01-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Eeeerrr... do we sing Kum bay ya now ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdO3R5MlbxA

Thunderbolt56
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I like RaVen and cCrashh...do I have to choose?

lmao.

Really, both of these guys are top-notch. RaVen is one of the best 109 drivers ever and probably one of the best wingmen I've had the pleasure of flying with competitively ( I have the ntrk and screenies to prove it)

...and I still like flying on Warbirds servers.

greypeace
01-22-2008, 07:11 AM
TO All,

Thank you for your HELP

It really encourages me to stay away from the petty fights.

greypeace

zeybek
09-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi guys. I want to promote a new server. WarBirds IL2 Server

http://www.war-birds.com

Server's description:
Gameplay follows the ideas of the WarBirds FreeHost arena:

1) The main goal is complete capture of enemy's territories;

2) Territory can only be captured through 'closing' and subsequent 'capturing' of an airfield. Currently controlled territories are reflected by the frontline dividing both parties. Capturing of an airfield pushes the frontline towards the enemy.

3) When all airfields are captured and the enemy is left effectively without any ground - the map is considered won by the other side and automatically reset to the original state with each side controlling equal number of airfields.

4) To close an airfield at least 90% of its 'active objects' must be in any way destroyed. Exact list of the objects cannot be seen, however the total number of objects, number of those remaining intact, and number required to close a field can be seen through >field f<xx> console command. When an airfield is CLOSED you will get a message stating which field has been closed. Planes cannot take off from a CLOSED airfield.

3) A destroyed object on a field will be repaired and become active again (re-spawn, 'reup') in 2000 seconds after its destruction. When enough objects has been repaired to get the number of objects intact higher than 10% - the field OPENS back (you will again get a message) and you will be able to take-off from it again.

4) A closed airfield capture is performed by paratroopers dropped from a transport plane (Ju-52, C-47, Li-2). A capture is considered to be successful if at least 12 troopers have safely made it to the ground: at the moment troopers run 10-20 meters after landing and 'hide in the grass' (drop to the ground), only afterwards they are counted as 'landed safely'. Notice that it is not needed that all the troops are droped from one plane - the server keeps the count of the landed troopers, so troopers from another transport(s) can add up the total number to 12. This number is reset to 0 if the field re-OPENS.

5) After an airfield is captured it changes its color, list of available planes (according to its new side) and pushes the frontline towards the enemy. The field, however, will remain CLOSED while its number of active objects is below 10%. Notice that an just captured airfield that is still CLOSED cannot be re-captured back by dropping troopers. To be captured back the field needs to OPEN and be CLOSED again.

6) To increase of air battles intensity radars have been introduced into the game. Radars' range can be seen on the map as colored circles. Each airfield has its own radar. If a radar is destroyed its circle turns white. You will see enemy and friendly planes in air as coloured crosses when those planes are in range (inside the circle) of any friendly radar. If a plane is NOT shown by radars, then this plane is either: outside radars' radius, its altitude is lower than 100 metres or higher than 5000 meters, the plane is obscured from the particular radar's line-of-sight by terrain elevations (hills, mountains etc.) or the radar is destroyed. Radars are ONLY available in briefing, you will not see them in flight.

7) Fleet of flyable planes changes as the game time progresses (Rolling Plane Set) to reflect their historical availability. Current date can be seen using >tod command.

8) The game events is simulated to take place between September 1939 and January 1946. Each month of the battle lasts approximately 3 real-time days.

9) The passage of time in the game is acccelerated 6 times of the original, so the daytime from dawn to dusk lasts approximately 4 hours (depending on the server preferences). There is no night: the sun will instantly 'jump' to sunrise as soon as it sets and the new game-day begins.

10) There are additional commands available to the user:
>field shows the current status of fields
>tod shows the current in-game time and date

Feuerfalke
09-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Best server? At least I can recommend my favorite: WarClouds

Best blend between realistic settings and user-friendly gameplay.
Well balance missions, rather limited planeset, but all my favorites.

I can also recommend the active and always friendly admins as well as their own stats-server.

ATAG_Bliss
09-13-2010, 03:05 PM

Server's description:

2) Territory can only be captured through 'closing' and subsequent 'capturing' of an airfield. Currently controlled territories are reflected by the frontline dividing both parties. Capturing of an airfield pushes the frontline towards the enemy.

3) When all airfields are captured and the enemy is left effectively without any ground - the map is considered won by the other side and automatically reset to the original state with each side controlling equal number of airfields.

4) To close an airfield at least 90% of its 'active objects' must be in any way destroyed. Exact list of the objects cannot be seen, however the total number of objects, number of those remaining intact, and number required to close a field can be seen through >field f<xx> console command. When an airfield is CLOSED you will get a message stating which field has been closed. Planes cannot take off from a CLOSED airfield.

3) A destroyed object on a field will be repaired and become active again (re-spawn, 'reup') in 2000 seconds after its destruction. When enough objects has been repaired to get the number of objects intact higher than 10% - the field OPENS back (you will again get a message) and you will be able to take-off from it again.

4) A closed airfield capture is performed by paratroopers dropped from a transport plane (Ju-52, C-47, Li-2). A capture is considered to be successful if at least 12 troopers have safely made it to the ground: at the moment troopers run 10-20 meters after landing and 'hide in the grass' (drop to the ground), only afterwards they are counted as 'landed safely'. Notice that it is not needed that all the troops are droped from one plane - the server keeps the count of the landed troopers, so troopers from another transport(s) can add up the total number to 12. This number is reset to 0 if the field re-OPENS.

5) After an airfield is captured it changes its color, list of available planes (according to its new side) and pushes the frontline towards the enemy. The field, however, will remain CLOSED while its number of active objects is below 10%. Notice that an just captured airfield that is still CLOSED cannot be re-captured back by dropping troopers. To be captured back the field needs to OPEN and be CLOSED again.

6) To increase of air battles intensity radars have been introduced into the game. Radars' range can be seen on the map as colored circles. Each airfield has its own radar. If a radar is destroyed its circle turns white. You will see enemy and friendly planes in air as coloured crosses when those planes are in range (inside the circle) of any friendly radar. If a plane is NOT shown by radars, then this plane is either: outside radars' radius, its altitude is lower than 100 metres or higher than 5000 meters, the plane is obscured from the particular radar's line-of-sight by terrain elevations (hills, mountains etc.) or the radar is destroyed. Radars are ONLY available in briefing, you will not see them in flight.

7) Fleet of flyable planes changes as the game time progresses (Rolling Plane Set) to reflect their historical availability. Current date can be seen using >tod command.

8) The game events is simulated to take place between September 1939 and January 1946. Each month of the battle lasts approximately 3 real-time days.

9) The passage of time in the game is acccelerated 6 times of the original, so the daytime from dawn to dusk lasts approximately 4 hours (depending on the server preferences). There is no night: the sun will instantly 'jump' to sunrise as soon as it sets and the new game-day begins.

This sounds like a really great idea and I'm sure my squad mates would like to participate in something like this. But we only fly in full switch/realism servers. Is there anyway you would reconsider your server settings? IMO, you're trying to recreate an online campaign that follows a nice strict set of guidelines for objectives and for winning the map. Many squads, like us at Syndicate, like this type of scenario because of the immersion. Like I said, if you have a full switch server we'll be there in an instant.

I really like the idea and how the battle progresses as the hours go on.. (Really good stuff for realism people!) Now why not make your server settings full real to match the rest of what you are trying to do? I think a server like this could take of if you did. I know we'll definitely be giving it a go if you reconsider..

Just my .02c

Thunderbolt56
09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Holy thread resurrection batman!

Igo kyu
09-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Holy thread resurrection batman!

surely this "gentleman":

http://www.freewebs.com/cortlesteeze/pix/ThreadNecro.jpg

Ernst
09-13-2010, 11:41 PM

Server's description:

Nice!

Macka-
09-14-2010, 12:36 AM
I really like the idea and how the battle progresses as the hours go on.. (Really good stuff for realism people!) Now why not make your server settings full real to match the rest of what you are trying to do? I think a server like this could take of if you did. I know we'll definitely be giving it a go if you reconsider..

Just my .02c

Spot on...my Squad would be right into this type of offering if it was in "full real".

SturmKreator
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
spits vs 109, all rest are for noobs

Masi67
09-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Bob1940 Fullreal server

ATAG_Bliss
09-14-2010, 06:24 PM

If you're comparing it to some of the open cockpit servers, sure. But if you've ever flown ADW or SEOW it makes spits vs 109 seem like an utter arcade server. Since you used the word noob, I'm assuming you've never actually flown on a real server..

NSU
09-15-2010, 06:28 AM

hehhe, yes i love SpitsVs109 too, there are many red enemy`s ;-)

SturmKreator
09-16-2010, 01:53 AM
i fly in ghost skies missions, a very demanding online campaing, spits vs 109 is only a server for practice ;) but is the bettter server to got fun ;)

mi inglish suck i know D:

zeybek
11-13-2010, 02:24 AM

Server's description:

Version Update 1.3 new features
www.war-birds.com

1. New chat command field with mor info about killed objects on field.
Type in chat <field for help
Example:
<field f1 - info about f1
<field a1 - info about aqua site for f1
<field CV-1 - info about CV

On ground fields this command will show killed objects sorted
from minmal respawn time to maximum.

On ships this command shows level of damage of the ship.

2. Mor safe for bombers. Now Bombers cant killed by
collision with enemy fighter. In previous versions
this not worked with explosions. Now if fighter is
explosing, the bomber will untouched.

3. Ships can be more hardness.

For server:
In mis file

[Main]
# 100% is default value, like in original game
# 200 - is mean that CV will 2 times harder
# the value is 1% - 10000%
BigshipHardness=100

4. CargoA is now repairs destroyed objects.
If you drops CargoA it will reduce respawn time of destroyed objects
in radius.

For server:
In mis file

[Main]
# CargoARepairTime - time in secs, on this time will
# be reduced respawn time of objects
# can be 0 - 100000 sec
CargoARepairTime=120

# In this radius will be repaired objects
# Default is 1500m
CargoARepairRadius=1500