PDA

View Full Version : Arguments, speculations, rants and generally off-topic/repetitive topics megathread

Pages : [1] 2

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 02:01 PM
I hoped i wouldn't have to, but it sure beats handing out bans.

So, this here thread is provided for the people who want to argue with each other in an aggressive manner. That doesn't mean the forum rules don't apply to it, they very much do.

All that it means is that those inclined can pursue their favorite pass-time in this thread without dominating every other discussion on the forums, while all who are bored with such behavior can easily ignore it without having to go to the trouble of deciding who to put on their ignore list, having to judge if the poster they're about to ignore also makes valid points they might not want to miss, and so on.

This will still let those of you who want to whine and moan to each other continue doing so, while enhancing the general readability of the forum for those who are not interested in watching the "show".

Don't get offended if you see your posts here and don't take it personally. I'm an unpaid volunteer trying to keep the forum readable without having to force people to act in a certain manner or handing out bans: if they can't act reasonably on their own (and it happens to all of us at times) i'll just give them a "quarantined" area to act unreasonably in there and ONLY there, so that they won't disturb the others.

Posts from other threads that fit the criteria will be summarily moved here and after that, you are still free to continue whatever argument or bickering you might have been previously engaged in., but ONLY within the confines of this thread.

Moderator Edit: Sorry for hijacking the first post, the forum software moves posts in chronological order so i had to somehow stick the opening post up.

reported!

philip.ed
08-01-2011, 02:03 PM
reported!

:confused: Really?

JG52Krupi
08-01-2011, 02:19 PM
reported!

Commie.. How much is alpha paying you?

albx
08-01-2011, 02:22 PM
reported!

are you making trouble in every topic?

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
are you making trouble in every topic?

I'm actually ignoring most of your trouble making.

albx
08-01-2011, 02:27 PM

I'm doing nothing, you appear everywhere just to personal attack peoples... let's keep this forum clean and in a civil mode...

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm not attacking anyone. Just agreeing with the devs.

furbs
08-01-2011, 02:30 PM

Its his personal nature, he cant help it. he prob doesnt even know what hes doing.

albx
08-01-2011, 02:31 PM

I see...

JG52Krupi
08-01-2011, 02:34 PM

You must be hearing voices mate the devs haven't posted anything to agree on unless your a big banjo fan!!!

Sternjaeger II
08-01-2011, 02:37 PM
David, it's obvious that you find this all very amusing, your trolling of this forum has caused my poll to be locked, plus your continuous offensive behaviour has become really annoying lately. Don't you really have anything better to do than annoying people that obviously don't like you?

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
You must be hearing voices mate the devs haven't posted anything to agree on unless your a big banjo fan!!!

I'm a huge banjo fan.

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 02:41 PM
David, it's obvious that you find this all very amusing, your trolling of this forum has caused my poll to be locked, plus your continuous offensive behaviour has become really annoying lately.

I find very little of this amusing. However, the banjo post was quite amusing.

Don't you really have anything better to do than annoying people that obviously don't like you?

Physician, heal thyself!

albx
08-01-2011, 02:45 PM

Physician, heal thyself!

your answers are very nice, as always

Sternjaeger II
08-01-2011, 02:47 PM

Physician, heal thyself!

David, I really do pity you. Obviously you live a very sad life, and if you behave like this out there a very lonely too I might add. Many members here have contributed to this forum in constructive ways, you really haven't, all you have done so far is starting silly arguments with people and taking positions just for the sake of it.

Your trolling behaviour has surfaced in many occasions, but in the very trollish nature of yours, you just never go over the line because you know you'd get banned. People like you live for this, it's a sad but undeniable truth.. all I wanted to say is that maybe you should make a step back and re-think your attitude, maybe you might find out that there are even constructive ways of being part of a community.

Pudfark
08-01-2011, 02:49 PM
David, I really do pity you. Obviously you live a very sad life, and if you behave like this out there a very lonely too I might add. Many members here have contributed to this forum in constructive ways, you really haven't, all you have done so far is starting silly arguments with people and taking positions just for the sake of it.

Your trolling behaviour has surfaced in many occasions, but in the very trollish nature of yours, you just never go over the line because you know you'd get banned. People like you live for this, it's a sad but undeniable truth.. all I wanted to say is that maybe you should make a step back and re-think your attitude, maybe you might find out that there are even constructive ways of being part of a community.

What Stern said....and check your shoes David.

philip.ed
08-01-2011, 02:50 PM

By being a snitch and stirring up bad-vibes in topics by saying: 'reported'? Your logic, once again, astounds me.

VO101_Tom
08-01-2011, 02:50 PM
David would like the forum to drown in boring unconcern. Actually it is beautiful, calm thing. Nobody is curious about nothing, nobody asks nothing. The developers monthly once -at payment- assume a new music. Everybody happy. The game was forgotten for a long time already. It would be so beautiful. Right David? :rolleyes:

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 02:52 PM
your answers are very nice, as always

I'm not trying to be nice. I am being quite blunt. I'm sick of the constant and relentless whining. The complaining about things that have already been reported by those very same people. I'm sick of the threads asking Luthier for an update. I'm sick of the polls asking Luthier for an update.

Judging by the banjo post, I am not alone.

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 02:54 PM
By being a snitch and stirring up bad-vibes in topics by saying: 'reported'? Your logic, once again, astounds me.

I'm just responding to the people who keep "reporting" my posts. It's nothing for you to worry about.

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 02:56 PM

My attitude isn't the one which needs rethinking. I'm just enjoying the banjo music.

albx
08-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm not trying to be nice. I am being quite blunt. I'm sick of the constant and relentless whining. The complaining about things that have already been reported by those very same people. I'm sick of the threads asking Luthier for an update. I'm sick of the polls asking Luthier for an update.

Judging by the banjo post, I am not alone.

Nobody is making troubles here, the mods are here to keep this place clean. If all this is making you sick than you can just point your browser somewhere else. It's easy... www.disney.com

JG52Uther
08-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Guys, he's a troll, if he can cause trouble,get people banned, and posts locked, he's happy.
Check his posts.How many are helpful in any way, or helping other people, or even talking about CoD?
The worse thing you can do to him is ignore him, don't bite, and don't feed him.Just ignore him, and one day a mod will cotton on to what he is doing and he will be gone.
:)

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 03:11 PM
If all this is making you sick than you can just point your browser somewhere else. It's easy... www.disney.com

You're the one constantly complaining about this GAME and the lack of dev updates. If it bothers you that much you might want to take your own advice.

albx
08-01-2011, 03:14 PM
You're the one constantly complaining about this GAME and the lack of dev updates. If it bothers you that much you might want to take your own advice.

should I report this or should I ignore you? the second choice.... and yes JG52Uther, I agree with you...

pheraps... can you point me some recent posts where I'm complaining?

Sternjaeger II
08-01-2011, 03:23 PM
should I report this or should I ignore you? the second choice.... and yes JG52Uther, I agree with you...

pheraps... can you point me some recent posts where I'm complaining?

albx, lascialo perdere, e' evidente che e' un troll del cavolo, ora proviamo a farlo bannare, cosi' magari la capisce una volta per tutte.

albx
08-01-2011, 03:30 PM
albx, lascialo perdere, e' evidente che e' un troll del cavolo, ora proviamo a farlo bannare, cosi' magari la capisce una volta per tutte.

;)

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Good luck with that plan! I'm sure once I am banned Luthier will stop mocking you and give you all the progress reports that you are hoping for.

Sternjaeger II
08-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Good luck with that plan! I'm sure once I am banned Luthier will stop mocking you and give you all the progress reports that you are hoping for.

Yes, he will. Or maybe not, truth is that hopefully you won't be here to see it, but it's not a problem, cos you don't care about updates, do you? :rolleyes:

albx
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Guys! :rolleyes:

Enjoy today, because tomorrow may never come...
Smiley anyone? :mrgreen:

I'm touching my..... something.... :grin:

retrojet
08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm touching my..... something.... :grin:

Errr... Did I mention that I'm happily married:confused:

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Yes, he will. Or maybe not, truth is that hopefully you won't be here to see it, but it's not a problem, cos you don't care about updates, do you? :rolleyes:

I do care about updates. I don't care enough to start multiple threads and polls asking when the next update is coming.

In any case, I hope your plan to get me banned does not backfire on you.

albx
08-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Errr... Did I mention that I'm happily married:confused:

mine is a superstitious gesture :rolleyes:

retrojet
08-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Now, who brought that fuel truck in here?!!

That should be out on the airfield!

Who's in charge around here!
:rolleyes:

Sternjaeger II
08-01-2011, 04:03 PM
I do care about updates. I don't care enough to start multiple threads and polls asking when the next update is coming.

In any case, I hope your plan to get me banned does not backfire on you.

maybe we should start an appreciation poll and see who people would like banned, me or you. But obviously you haven't been doing a great campaign lately..

My point is simple David, I really believe everybody's opinion should be respected (at least among us), and as much as I do understand your point and I don't agree with it, I respect it. What I don't tolerate is your attitude, for some reason you feel entitled to behave like you do, thinking you're better than people that whine. You don't like posts that you repute whiney? Fine, don't bother to read them or simply block the people you reckon are the cause of this issue. Your continuous childish patronising attitude won't change things just like people's whining will. The irony is that, in a way, you're a whiner yourself.

retrojet
08-01-2011, 04:05 PM
mine is a superstitious gesture :rolleyes:

Oh sorry... :)

philip.ed
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm just responding to the people who keep "reporting" my posts. It's nothing for you to worry about.

Fair enough, and sorry for sticking my nose in LOL :-P

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 04:22 PM
maybe we should start an appreciation poll and see who people would like banned, me or you. But obviously you haven't been doing a great campaign lately..

If the banjo post is any indication those polls don't carry as much weight as you seem to think they do.

6S.Manu
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM

My point is simple David, I really believe everybody's opinion should be respected (at least among us), and as much as I do understand your point and I don't agree with it, I respect it. What I don't tolerate is your attitude, for some reason you feel entitled to behave like you do, thinking you're better than people that whine. You don't like posts that you repute whiney? Fine, don't bother to read them or simply block the people you reckon are the cause of this issue. Your continuous childish patronising attitude won't change things just like people's whining will. The irony is that, in a way, you're a whiner yourself.

Come on guys, are you seriously trying to discuss with this David dude?

http://files.sharenator.com/dont_feed_the_troll_RE_Ask_a_Dawn-s288x288-104455-580.jpg

Blackdog_kt
08-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I hoped i wouldn't have to, but it sure beats handing out bans.

So, this here thread is provided for the people who want to argue with each other in an aggressive manner. That doesn't mean the forum rules don't apply to it, they very much do.

All that it means is that those inclined can pursue their favorite pass-time in this thread without dominating every other discussion on the forums, while all who are bored with such behavior can easily ignore it without having to go to the trouble of deciding who to put on their ignore list, having to judge if the poster they're about to ignore also makes valid points they might not want to miss, and so on.

This will still let those of you who want to whine and moan to each other continue doing so, while enhancing the general readability of the forum for those who are not interested in watching the "show".

Don't get offended if you see your posts here and don't take it personally. I'm an unpaid volunteer trying to keep the forum readable without having to force people to act in a certain manner or handing out bans: if they can't act reasonably on their own (and it happens to all of us at times) i'll just give them a "quarantined" area to act unreasonably in there and ONLY there, so that they won't disturb the others.

Posts from other threads that fit the criteria will be summarily moved here and after that, you are still free to continue whatever argument or bickering you might have been previously engaged in., but ONLY within the confines of this thread.

Pudfark
08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Just saying.....The title of this thread should be changed.....

"Cat box cover up"

A place where David can dive for tootsie rolls....

This community "pinata" would not be necessary?
If the dev's would just speak up/out?

So, go ahead David...yer on a "roll/role"....

robtek
08-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I am really surprised that some people think whining is not as bad as trolling!

Where trolling is only assumed here by the forming mob.

Orpheus
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
This is just.. wow. So no more complaining chaps, drink your kool aid and let's keep the forums for the fanboys.

Before reading this, I never had a problem with the way these forums were run or moderated. After reading it, I'm just stunned. Believing that you can hide the complaints, and indeed the complainers, in what essentially equates to a 'naughty' corner demonstrates both a breathtaking naivety as to the nature of the internet (as there are many, many forums where the 'bile' is far worse than anything seen here) and an insulting attitude to the many customers who purchased this game and feel justifiably dissatisfied.

I'm done. The actions of 1c in releasing a broken game were bad enough, but if we can't voice our opinions without being relegated to the 'naughty corner' for daring to disagree, then this company, this game and this forum no longer deserve my support.

Good luck to all of you who elect to remain with silenced voices. I rather suspect you'll need it.

And for all at 1c, and to anyone else involved in this disgusting decision:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOzqh1IujT0fXVzem9c5qETHEeiPea0 6dNxSB0DDJ8ckjzr4Nu

Ze-Jamz
08-01-2011, 07:45 PM
This is just.. wow. So no more complaining chaps, drink your kool aid and let's keep the forums for the fanboys.

Before reading this, I never had a problem with the way these forums were run or moderated. After reading it, I'm just stunned. Believing that you can hide the complaints, and indeed the complainers, in what essentially equates to a 'naughty' corner demonstrates both a breathtaking naivety as to the nature of the internet (as there are many, many forums where the 'bile' is far worse than anything seen here) and an insulting attitude to the many customers who purchased this game and feel justifiably dissatisfied.

I'm done. The actions of 1c in releasing a broken game were bad enough, but if we can't voice our opinions without being relegated to the 'naughty corner' for daring to disagree, then this company, this game and this forum no longer deserve my support.

Good luck to all of you who elect to remain with silenced voices. I rather suspect you'll need it.

And for all at 1c, and to anyone else involved in this disgusting decision:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOzqh1IujT0fXVzem9c5qETHEeiPea0 6dNxSB0DDJ8ckjzr4Nu

Orpheus..

I dont think its that mate, Its not like were being banned from saying anything untoward but more that the people who dont want to join in these types of threads or dont want to add anything negative can still use these forums without having to read a load of stuff to them thats not important or wade through countless slag fests between members

Regardless of the state of this game, people coming in here for the first time do not need to see alot of the stuff here...its NOT good for buisness, you know me and what i post sometimes... I aint no fanboi and i dont consider myself to be a whiner either though ive done abit of both agreed BUT its not good for buisness whatever side of the fence your on and it wont help this game, the community or future sales new people reading the stuff thats posted daily..simple as

If all our threads (though some have) were getting deleted on the first sign of negativity towards this game, 1C, the mods etc etc then i would be +1'n your post hands down.

But this is our/your/whoevers place to bitch all you like to anyone that cares enough to come in here and look...the people that don't 'care' enough to come in here shouldn't bother you or anyone else that's posting in here..should it?

Im bored of all the shyte that goes on in here hence why i for the most part just keep quiet now..all i want is this game to become popular and include all the stuff that was promised..simple

Vengeanze
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Who's winning and what's the price?

Orpheus
08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Orpheus..

I dont think its that mate, Its not like were being banned from saying anything untoward but more that the people who dont want to join in these types of threads or dont want to add anything negative can still use these forums without having to read a load of stuff to them thats not important or wade through countless slag fests between members

Regardless of the state of this game, people coming in here for the first time do not need to see alot of the stuff here...its NOT good for buisness, you know me and what i post sometimes... I aint no fanboi and i dont consider myself to be a whiner either though ive done abit of both agreed BUT its not good for buisness whatever side of the fence your on and it wont help this game, the community or future sales new people reading the stuff thats posted daily..simple as

If all our threads (though some have) were getting deleted on the first sign of negativity towards this game, 1C, the mods etc etc then i would be +1'n your post hands down.

But this is our/your/whoevers place to bitch all you like to anyone that cares enough to come in here and look...the people that don't 'care' enough to come in here shouldn't bother you or anyone else that's posting in here..should it?

Im bored of all the shyte that goes on in here hence why i for the most part just keep quiet now..all i want is this game to become popular and include all the stuff that was promised..simple

Hey Jamz, I understand what you're saying and I do take your point. I think if this were the only thing, I might be more forgiving. But as it stands, we've had a botched game, no communication and now the iron fist of moderation falling on anything deemed negative. The simple reality is that it is impossible to prevent people from stating their opinions, be they positive or negative, and the implicit assumption made by this thread is that all negativity should be shoved under the carpet, no matter how valid or relevant.

Moving the 'moan' posts out of threads to here will turn this thread into a jumbled morass of hundreds of separate arguments/issues with no coherency and consequently of no use to the developers in overcoming those issues, whilst simultaneously destroying the line of conversation in the threads that they were moved from - making any discussion in which anyone posts anything negative a disjointed 'who said what and when' exercise in which actual discussion becomes vastly more difficult.

Quite apart from that, it's mind-bogglingly ignorant/naive to assume that you can sweep your 'whiners' under the carpet. I agree that threads go off topic, and sometimes with unpleasant results. But I'd always rather read the reality of a discussion, no matter how 'fruity' it gets, not the bits that have been cherry picked as 'appropriate' by the moderators.

It smacks of damage control, of censorship. It smacks of trying to hide their failures and it's an insult to anyone who bought the game and felt ripped off. What we see here in these forums is peanuts compared to the rest of the internet, and if they're not brave enough to deal with disagreement face on, then I no longer want anything to do with the company or their products.

Best wishes to you mate, I've enjoyed our discussions and the civility we've reached despite our initial disagreements. Keep in touch via pm and maybe we'll fly together in a real sim one day ;)

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I was not sure this thread was a good idea. Thanks to Orpheus for proving me wrong!

Pudfark
08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
+1000 To Orpheus....

JG52Krupi
08-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I was not sure this thread was a good idea. Thanks to Orpheus for proving me wrong!

Go jump off a building...

Pudfark
08-01-2011, 08:25 PM
"It smacks of damage control, of censorship. It smacks of trying to hide their failures and it's an insult to anyone who bought the game and felt ripped off. What we see here in these forums is peanuts compared to the rest of the internet, and if they're not brave enough to deal with disagreement face on, then I no longer want anything to do with the company or their products."

This is the most honest truth...about this new "THREAD"....

again, +1000

David Hayward
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Go jump off a building...

You first...

Pudfark
08-01-2011, 08:32 PM
I wrote this earlier in another thread....it seems, it really belongs here.

"Just my opinion....

Clod now being heavily discounted in price....

Plus

No definitive word from the dev's in weeks....

Equals

A bunch of good loyal customers who paid full price and
have been left in the dark....adds up to?

The thought, that this project has been abandoned....?

As every day passes without any direct information to the contrary?
The more likely it seems....."

Now, with the "censorship and relegated to the corner" attitude being displayed in this thread?

It seems more true.

JG52Uther
08-01-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIVfbylUU-M

bongodriver
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm not so convinced there is any really sinister censorship (most deleted posts were just going down very ugly and unnecessary roads) the fact is there are still plenty of active posts containing plenty of negative sentiment, but I must say even I am loosing 'faith', and Pudfark is probably on to something.....

JG52Uther
08-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Now now Bongo don't go O/T!
I'm not worried, I still have faith it will all work out alright in the end.After all, worse things happen at sea.
This ship could be called Cliffs of Dover :D ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPoAOXf8RIo&feature=related

furbs
08-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Pretty much summed up the launch of COD for me :)

Pudfark
08-01-2011, 09:47 PM
The boat launch...lol

I dunno....maybe it's salvageable...maybe not...depends on the bilge pumps...:rolleyes:

robtek
08-01-2011, 10:27 PM
The boat launch...lol

I dunno....maybe it's salvageable...maybe not...depends on the bilge pumps...:rolleyes:

I think the people, which wallow in their constantly repeated "critics", have so much energy to man those pumps.

Would be much more worthwile to repair some of the pr - damage they've afflicted.

It wasn't enough that the Sim had/has its problems, no it must be kicked already on the ground.

Pudfark
08-02-2011, 12:01 AM
I think the people, which wallow in their constantly repeated "critics", have so much energy to man those pumps.

Would be much more worthwile to repair some of the pr - damage they've afflicted.

It wasn't enough that the Sim had/has its problems, no it must be kicked already on the ground.

Well..robtek...PR ain't my job and unless you're employed by 1C, it ain't yours either (intended nicely). To that end? If there is PR damage? It is self-inflicted by the nice folks at 1C. However, if you are the "Spokesperson" for 1C, my sincerest apologies for any perceived comeuppance on my part.

Oh, and about that "kicking on the ground part"....well, sometimes when somethings just laying on the ground, playing dead? You need to give it a little nudge with yer toe...to see if it is still alive......;)

Here's a little advice for folks reading this..."Never take anybodies word for something...when, before, they didn't keep their word...or care to explain it..."

No disrespect to your person robtek...Please consider this?
If we were of one voice?
Perhaps, we may have been heard?
And answered...

Where I come from? "No answer, is an answer."

RCAF_FB_Orville
08-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Hiya, Luthier!!! :grin:

Hope you are Ok.....I've just got out of the 1C Jail, and I'm your number one fan!!! :grin:

I've updated me Prison Tat's, got a good one of Oleg......His Chops framed nicely on a Dartboard. :grin:

Anyway, when I was in the nick, I decided to compose a song in your honour, I enjoyed your Banjo tune so much that I thought I would return the favour. 2 weeks of porridge can make a man go stir crazy!!! :grin:

*Strums guitar*

'Went to a party in the 1C Jail
Got Mugged by Maddox and his dodgy game.......
Everybody in the 1C Block,
They wuz dancing to the Jailhouse Rock!'

LMAO.

Hope you liked it Luthier, I love you so much. You touched my Heart, My Spirit, and my Soul.......*Awwww*.

But there is still the small matter of a barely finished game that you flogged me under false pretences......any more news on that? Thanks Luthier, we know you would never desert your loyal Friends, and that you always keep the customers well informed. :grin:

Free at last!!! :D

EDITED: Because I'll just get ban hammered again. Some folk need to cheer up methinks, round these here parts. Lest the Colour Yellow becomes synonymous with bad things, like Fascism, and ting. :D

Like I said, I'm your number one fan. :grin::grin::grin:

*MODS......ITS A JOKE.....CHEER UP MAN. :grin:*

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Just what this board needs, another update request...

Pudfark
08-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Just what this board needs, another update request...

Dear Mods....why ain't the above moved here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25051

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 01:46 AM
I assume it will be moved at the same time the post above it is moved.

snwkill
08-02-2011, 03:02 AM
This is by far the best thread yet!

Blackdog_kt
08-02-2011, 03:19 AM
Hey Jamz, I understand what you're saying and I do take your point. I think if this were the only thing, I might be more forgiving. But as it stands, we've had a botched game, no communication and now the iron fist of moderation falling on anything deemed negative. The simple reality is that it is impossible to prevent people from stating their opinions, be they positive or negative, and the implicit assumption made by this thread is that all negativity should be shoved under the carpet, no matter how valid or relevant.

Moving the 'moan' posts out of threads to here will turn this thread into a jumbled morass of hundreds of separate arguments/issues with no coherency and consequently of no use to the developers in overcoming those issues, whilst simultaneously destroying the line of conversation in the threads that they were moved from - making any discussion in which anyone posts anything negative a disjointed 'who said what and when' exercise in which actual discussion becomes vastly more difficult.

Quite apart from that, it's mind-bogglingly ignorant/naive to assume that you can sweep your 'whiners' under the carpet. I agree that threads go off topic, and sometimes with unpleasant results. But I'd always rather read the reality of a discussion, no matter how 'fruity' it gets, not the bits that have been cherry picked as 'appropriate' by the moderators.

It smacks of damage control, of censorship. It smacks of trying to hide their failures and it's an insult to anyone who bought the game and felt ripped off. What we see here in these forums is peanuts compared to the rest of the internet, and if they're not brave enough to deal with disagreement face on, then I no longer want anything to do with the company or their products.

Best wishes to you mate, I've enjoyed our discussions and the civility we've reached despite our initial disagreements. Keep in touch via pm and maybe we'll fly together in a real sim one day ;)

Actually it's exactly like Jamz says. I'm just a guy who got bored with reading the exact same repetitive arguments in unrelated threads, proposed this to the mods and spontaneously offered to take the job just to put some emphasis on it all. I wasn't really expecting anybody to give it to me, but they did and like they say "if you talk the talk...", so here i am. I'm an unpaid volunteer who did some big talk and had to back it up, that's all :-P

Before that i've spent most of my time trying to get others up to speed and explain how to make things work in the sim, or how things are supposed to work, etc...in other words, i've exposed a lot of faults myself so it's not the negativity that i'm averse to.

It's all about the attitude, not the message. If you want to see a good example of criticism that doesn't get moved here, look at this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25017

which is a perfect example of how we can all go about disagreeing with people in a manner that doesn't make it painful for others to read. Oh and there's also a post of mine in there (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=317319&postcount=12) which clearly explains where i stand.

In any case, it's your opinion and you probably represent some people that share it, just like it was my opinion on how to handle this and some people agreed. I might be wrong, who knows, we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. In the meantime, the less vocal part of the community might actually gain some readability in their forums instead of having to watch how personal feuds unfold between the more vocal members.

They've put up with the derailing of every single thread for months, it's only fair we did things in a way that suits them too for a while and see how it goes ;-)

David Hayward
08-02-2011, 03:25 AM
I hope you are willing to stick with this long enough to make it work. People who are willing to get banned repeatedly are not going to give up easily.

Tree_UK
08-02-2011, 04:13 AM
I hope you are willing to stick with this long enough to make it work. People who are willing to get banned repeatedly are not going to give up easily.

Peopel are getting banned because of negative posts, Luthier could change all the tomorrow, unless he's serving a ban for the Troll banjo post.

Blackdog_kt
08-02-2011, 04:27 AM
There's nothing exceptional about it really.

It's just a purpose-built venue for people to vent and blow off some steam without cluttering other threads, not a "go stand in the corner" type of punishment :grin:

The reason posts are moved is because it facilitates easier selection of reading material for the user and it's not only this thread it's done for.

A couple of days ago another thread was going off-topic by discussing the differences of coop and DF modes, a user helpfully suggested we take the discussion to another more relevant thread, so i just moved the off-topic posts into another thread for which they were considered on-topic, told everybody where to find them and the discussion went on like before without any ruffled feathers.

I don't see why this thread should be any different, especially since the alternative up till now was locking threads and banning people if they wanted to argue among themselves. Now there's a dedicated thread for that with a bit higher tolerance level and an off-topic nature by default, which means it wouldn't have to be locked. The reason it's a single thread is because this is a flight sim forum and not an arguments forum.

Generally speaking, i prefer to have a thread partitioned into separate topics if it starts sprouting separate discussions, i don't like just locking everything that goes off topic and i don't want to hand out bans. This is why i went with this approach, if people want to argue about speculative topics they now have a place to do so and if other people don't want to they can just not read/post in this thread, so everyone should have the ability to have the kind of discussions they like.

What is not possible with this approach is for group A to force their kind of preferred discussions on group B and vice versa, which i honestly think is a good thing: everyone should be able to have their say without having their conversations sabotaged and without being offensive to others.

Wolf_Rider
08-02-2011, 04:51 AM
hey, alright... so we get a boxing ring - many forums have one

what's the criteria for getting entry made? (rules of engagement, so to speak)

Blackdog_kt
08-02-2011, 05:14 AM
I don't have a concrete line to be honest and i certainly don't let the username above the post influence my decision, all of us are prone to outbursts and this is a place for us to just say it and be done with it.

It's just that when things get personal and drag other people in the mix, a few posts get moved here to let the originating thread run its intended course and also let the "duelers" continue going at it in here. The basic forum rules still apply (we do have minors on the boards after all).

If i had to make a parallel, i'd say it's like going to a football match where it's permitted for fans of opposing teams to punch each other up, but only as long as both parties agree to it, there are no lethal weapons involved and they don't endanger others who just want to watch the game :-D

There's normal seating and there's a separate mosh-pit area, people enter the pit either voluntary or get moved there if they get rowdy in the normal seating area, some people watch the match, some people get or give a black eye while catching a glimpse or two of the match, but in the end they all go back home having done what they wanted to do :-P

klem
08-02-2011, 07:24 AM
It's a nice try Blackdog but you'll never win or you'll find yourself on a 24/7 mission.

I know you're trying to keep threads clean and readable and I wish it could be so but I think you're flogging a dead horse. People can't resist replying to a post they feel strongly about, time and again. Some of course are just there to goad.

I'm an offender too (not a goader I hope) but I'm trying to resist re-entering old arguments and thats not easy when someone has actually quoted your post.

Most of these repetitive threads don't really need to be worried about. They just take up server space. Let them vent their spleens. The fact is that anything in a thread past about page 3 is either a valuable piece of work (not often) or has become a general discussion or a competely worthless slanging match. You can definitely tell by page 5! Just act on the justified 'reported' posts and if necessary ban people. It won't stop them though, they'll either create a new account or come back after the ban.

My advice to people that don't like certain posters is to add them to their ignore list and let their blood presure come down. Its working a treat for me and one well known Troll ('Troll' IMHO). I would also suggest people assess the thread for the first few pages and decide whether its even worth bothering with. Why repeat an argument that's already been posted? (I know, I know, and I'm trying.) Back round the circle, if they do keep bothering with it, let them get on with it.

Ibis
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
You lot are a riot, David the bore has wrung eight pages out of you so far, "circus" springs to mind.;-):-D
cheers,

Rattlehead
08-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Just a quick question...

Is this the off-topic thread that Nearmiss proposed a while back? Judging from what Blackdog has said, I don't think so.
If someone can clear this up, I'd appreciate it.

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 10:16 AM
hey, alright... so we get a boxing ring - many forums have one

what's the criteria for getting entry made? (rules of engagement, so to speak)

Just disagree with David and you're game ;-)

Sternjaeger II
08-02-2011, 10:21 AM
If the banjo post is any indication those polls don't carry as much weight as you seem to think they do.

you must really think you're a clever git.. :rolleyes:

robtek
08-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Related to the senseless repeating of known errors, crying for a update and bashing anyone who can enjoy the sim and doesn't shy away from saying it ?

Mmmmh, lets think....

JG52Uther
08-02-2011, 10:45 AM
You lot are a riot, David the bore has wrung eight pages out of you so far, "circus" springs to mind.;-):-D
cheers,

What else is there to do! If we are keeping him off the streets, that can only be a good thing...

Blackdog_kt
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Just a quick question...

Is this the off-topic thread that Nearmiss proposed a while back? Judging from what Blackdog has said, I don't think so.

Off topic discussions are certainly ok in here but actually this thread is pretty generic, so i don't know how easy it would be to keep track of a longer conversation with a more focused subject matter.

This is more like a place to vent some frustration, speculate and engage in forum dueling without taking over unrelated threads, which means a single thread can do the job because personal exchanges between members are either short or repetitive in nature and as such, easier to keep track of for the participants without needing dedicated threads.

What Nearmiss proposed was an entire off-topic section. I don't want to overstep my boundaries, being the new guy and all, so i'm not going to do something i haven't cleared with him or Alpha first but if you guys want such a section i'll ask them about it.

It's a nice try Blackdog but you'll never win or you'll find yourself on a 24/7 mission.

I know you're trying to keep threads clean and readable and I wish it could be so but I think you're flogging a dead horse. People can't resist replying to a post they feel strongly about, time and again. Some of course are just there to goad.

I'm an offender too (not a goader I hope) but I'm trying to resist re-entering old arguments and thats not easy when someone has actually quoted your post.

Most of these repetitive threads don't really need to be worried about. They just take up server space. Let them vent their spleens. The fact is that anything in a thread past about page 3 is either a valuable piece of work (not often) or has become a general discussion or a competely worthless slanging match. You can definitely tell by page 5! Just act on the justified 'reported' posts and if necessary ban people. It won't stop them though, they'll either create a new account or come back after the ban.

My advice to people that don't like certain posters is to add them to their ignore list and let their blood presure come down. Its working a treat for me and one well known Troll ('Troll' IMHO). I would also suggest people assess the thread for the first few pages and decide whether its even worth bothering with. Why repeat an argument that's already been posted? (I know, I know, and I'm trying.) Back round the circle, if they do keep bothering with it, let them get on with it.

Actually i thought i was up for some trouble but i was surprised how easy it is: instead of having to plead with everyone who might derail a perfectly good thread to let the rest of the participants have the kind of discussion they set out to (and getting sucked into the off-topic debates myself), all it takes is clicking a few check-boxes to select some posts and pressing the "move" button.

It actually saves me a lot of time, because i don't have to quote and answer every person that might be going off-topic and ask them to stay on the original subject. Hopefully it saves the same amount of time for the other participants.

Other than that i browse the forum daily, sometimes twice a day, so it's pretty easy to keep track of things and sooner or later most people will be coming here on their own if they just want to have a bit of a verbal brawl. If for example i'm having a one-on-one exchange with somebody in another thread and we're going off topic, i might as well ask him "hey, let's take this to the arguments thread, will reply to you there, is this ok?".

In other words, the workload is pretty light (much lighter than having to reply to and convince people not to derail threads): the forum interface is easy to use and the amount of duelists is not that big anyway. ;-)

Rattlehead
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Off topic discussions are certainly ok in here but actually this thread is pretty generic, so i don't know how easy it would be to keep track of a longer conversation with a more focused subject matter.

This is more like a place to vent some frustration, speculate and engage in forum dueling without taking over unrelated threads, which means a single thread can do the job because personal exchanges between members are either short or repetitive in nature and as such, easier to keep track of for the participants without needing dedicated threads.

What Nearmiss proposed was an entire off-topic section. I don't want to overstep my boundaries, being the new guy and all, so i'm not going to do something i haven't cleared with him or Alpha first but if you guys want such a section i'll ask them about it.

Cool. Thanks for clearing it up.

TeeJay82
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Beep Beep, im a jeep

Tree_UK
08-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Well the forum is dead, all the bugs have been reported, the complainers have been silenced, all you guys are left with is DAVID HAYWARD. Enjoy, i will come back when Ive got less time.

Robert
08-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Just a quick question...

No. There's a PILOT'S LOUNGE at the top of the forum topic list. I just noticed it today, so I'm not sure how long it's been up.

Blackdog_kt
08-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Yup, it's a new addition.

nearmiss
08-03-2011, 05:25 PM
After dozens of postings and PM messages requesting an Off Topic forums you now have it.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=205

Pilot's Lounge - All the rules apply with a few additions, which will be posted in the Pilot's Lounge soon.

ON TOPIC DISCUSSIONS fall along these lines of discussion categories -

Cliffs of Dover
Diadalos Team
Forgotten Battles (IL2 series)
Historical War (not current wars)
Historical air combat
Flight Simulation
Warbirds aircraft
Mods and Skins discussion

OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS are outside the above, along with the other not so nice discussions we've had to deal with for several months.

You can even discuss your old dog "fido", or your lousy divorce.

Just stay within the rules of the forums

David Hayward
08-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Well the forum is dead, all the bugs have been reported, the complainers have been silenced, all you guys are left with is DAVID HAYWARD. Enjoy, i will come back when Ive got less time.

Actually, I haven't posted anything today until now. But, as long as I'm here, the non-whining atmosphere is a definite improvement. Thanks for noticing!

Pudfark
08-03-2011, 05:35 PM

"You can lead a horse to water...but, you can't make him drink"
"Ignorance is bliss"
"Blind leading the blind"

All of the remarks above attributed to those who won't read?
What isn't written...on the wall.

Tree_UK, I'd turn a pint upside down with you anytime, pardner...
Thanx for your contributions here on the forums...I have much enjoyed
the accuracy of what you have written....

Chivas
08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
This is a nice break from the "endless sky is falling posts". Patience is so much more serene. :)

klem
08-03-2011, 06:41 PM
After dozens of postings and PM messages requesting an Off Topic forums you now have it.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=205

Pilot's Lounge - All the rules apply with a few additions, which will be posted in the Pilot's Lounge soon.

ON TOPIC DISCUSSIONS fall along these lines of discussion categories -

Cliffs of Dover
Diadalos Team
Forgotten Battles (IL2 series)
Historical War (not current wars)
Historical air combat
Flight Simulation
Warbirds aircraft
Mods and Skins discussion

OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS are outside the above, along with the other not so nice discussions we've had to deal with for several months.

You can even discuss your old dog "fido", or your lousy divorce.

Just stay within the rules of the forums

Now, I don't want to fall foul of the moderators so should we discuss "lousy divorce" under 'Forgotten Battles' or 'Historical War'.

Just asking :^)

badfinger
08-03-2011, 08:51 PM
"You can lead a horse to water...but, you can't make him drink"

I thought the saying was, "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead." :-o

binky9

Sternjaeger II
08-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Actually, I haven't posted anything today until now. But, as long as I'm here, the non-whining atmosphere is a definite improvement. Thanks for noticing!

yeah, that's what we needed: the self-proclaimed forum cop, who really thinks he's doing good for the community! Way to go, Sheriff Joe! :rolleyes:

David Hayward
08-03-2011, 10:35 PM
yeah, that's what we needed: the self-proclaimed forum cop, who really thinks he's doing good for the community! Way to go, Sheriff Joe! :rolleyes:

I really wish I could take credit for this, but the real credit must go to everyone who complained about the whining, and the mods who did something about it.

Sternjaeger II
08-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I really wish I could take credit for this, but the real credit must go to everyone who complained about the whining, and the mods who did something about it.

yeah, it's funny how much people is complaining about you though David, you must really be blind not to see it, or again, being in complete denial (or being a troll) you just call them all whiners? :rolleyes:

David Hayward
08-03-2011, 10:52 PM
yeah, it's funny how much people is complaining about you though David, you must really be blind not to see it, or again, being in complete denial (or being a troll) you just call them all whiners? :rolleyes:

Believe me, your whining about me has been tough to miss. I'm not blind. I just don't care.

Sternjaeger II
08-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Believe me, your whining about me has been tough to miss. I'm not blind. I just don't care.

I do not whine about you, I validate the reasons of my posts, unlike you. All you can write is "whine", you're obsessed with it, you probably don't even know what it means anymore, seeing the erratic use you make of it..

You don't care? So what do you care for? That people stop whining? Well your continuous whine about it is not much better, you're a whiner as much as the rest of us. The only difference is that we all could see what kind of low quality agitator you are, it's quite obvious by now that you just do it for your own fun, or probably cos you're bored.

The mods have created this ring thread because of you, not because of other people. We never had such levels until you started behaving like a troll. I think the others are right, you're just bored and don't have anything better to do. We are all contributing to other threads here in a very constructive way, you don't cos you have nothing constructive to say, you just quote things that others say and manipulate them to your likes.

We all tried being friendly, but you don't care, you'd rather stay in your tower of arrogance and self-righteousness..

I doubt this or any other posts will make any difference to you, it's obvious that you're on a mission.. again, it's a friendly community here, so it's up to you whether you want to contribute or ruin it (and trust me, your actual idea of "contribution" has been a huge fail so far).. it's your call buddy..

David Hayward
08-03-2011, 11:31 PM
I doubt this or any other posts will make any difference to you, it's obvious that you're on a mission.. again, it's a friendly community here, so it's up to you whether you want to contribute or ruin it (and trust me, your actual idea of "contribution" has been a huge fail so far).. it's your call buddy..

If the new policies halt the whining, I don't have to do anything. It's all good. It's you who has to make some changes.

Bryan21cag
08-04-2011, 12:15 AM
lol ok so as usual im confused :) (its not hard to do :) ) what is the purpose of this thread suppose to be exactly?

I was just reading through the posts in the General IL-2 COD folder (which is really the only place i think most people view these days) (47 viewing atm) and it seems that nothing has changed as far as how people are posting. :)

There are both on and off topic posts that have smatterings of criticism and anti-criticism reply's within. and it seems to me all this particular thread does is give people another place to post more angry/often funny banter:) (in code as to not get banned :) ) before going back to reading and posting like normal in all the topics of the day :) Just my observation :)

And just to be clear I am one of the people who has no problem with any of the posts on any of the threads on this forum :) I actually find the back and forth to be at times both entertaining and informational.

And when its not ........ lol well I just keep reading until i find something that is or run out of topics :)

I guess i really just pop on to see if there was an update and then i get sucked in to some of the more funny post wars going on at the time :) and then im back to playing Mass Effect2 ..........(great game by the way :) ) i never understood what all the huh bub surrounding this game was but now i must say i agree :) very enjoyable.

Anyway back to the topic....... or is it the topic? .........what was the topic?........ any way back to why i was posting :) it seems to me so far that nothing has really changed, with the exception of the big increase in over kill banning for silly reasons ( my opinion ) :) and the addition of a sticky for more angry/sometimes funny banter :)

Correct me if I am missing something here please :)

PS that boat tipping over vid as a visual representation of the CLOD launch gave me a good chuckle lol thanks for that :)

OH i also liked the Love letter to Luthier that also made me laugh. :) "just got out of 1C jail" lol :) Thanks for this one as well :)

cheers all :)

PPS The over kill of happy faces is an attempt to not get banned for a jovial or jokingly said statement being taken in negative way. :) hope it works :)

David Hayward
08-04-2011, 12:47 AM
lol ok so as usual im confused :) (its not hard to do :) ) what is the purpose of this thread suppose to be exactly?

It's for posts like yours. :-D

Pudfark
08-04-2011, 01:59 AM

Wrong Wayward....it's yer new spot fer dragging yer hiney on the carpet....the old spot? Had a hole in it....;)

robtek
08-04-2011, 07:10 AM
The funny thing imo is, that pudfark, and Sternjaeger II don't seem to realize that their posts were exiled too.

Still they believe that they are contributing to the community, oh wait, they actually do, it's just not the way they assume it is, the do entertain the majority, except the about 10 similar minded.

The pathetic biased polls, the denigrating of steadfast counter-posters as trolls, just hilarious. :-)

The facts speak for themselves: the general forum is whine and counter-whine free! ;P

And for amusement we can come here, to a new episode of the whiner-war :D :D :D

Sternjaeger II
08-04-2011, 08:54 AM
The funny thing imo is, that pudfark, and Sternjaeger II don't seem to realize that their posts were exiled too.

Still they believe that they are contributing to the community, oh wait, they actually do, it's just not the way they assume it is, the do entertain the majority, except the about 10 similar minded.

The pathetic biased polls, the denigrating of steadfast counter-posters as trolls, just hilarious. :-)

The facts speak for themselves: the general forum is whine and counter-whine free! ;P

And for amusement we can come here, to a new episode of the whiner-war :D :D :D

Robtek, funnily enough the only reason why that happened is that because we got carried away with you and mr David Hayward, which are both very good at trolling.

Before blurting out sentences on whether my contributions are valid or not, have a browse and see what kind of threads I post into as well, and I won't even go (again) into mentioning all the contribution that I have given to devs for both IL-2 and CoD. Uh and while you're on it, check out your friend David and what sort of inflamatory posts he writes everywhere, even when it's really uncalled for, cos he named himself the forum cop, acting by his own distorted double standards.

As for the pathetic biased poll, it had (before it was locked thanks to your buddy David, and mind you I didn't even say a word there, he just started attacking other members) more than 200 people that thought otherwise, so YOU are the minority, not "us 10". Get a grip buddy.

And no, the forum is still not free, cos David keeps on trolling and insulting people.

robtek
08-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah,
create a poll about something where there is no discontent and use it as a sledgehammer-argument,
i have to admit that you have chuzpe trying to sell everybody for dumb.

Btw, i've actually counted the posters which where posting pro-whining: 10 shure, about 5 probable.
Not even close to be a significant number of members of the community, but you made up for it with post-counts.

And for the rest you seem to have problems to see action and reaction:
1. Bug - reports
2. repeated bug-reports
3. begin of whining
4 more whining, beginning counter whining
5.whining - wars started

David Hayward's posts were created by the whiners!!!! No whiners -> No David Hayward posts. its so easy.
Where David Hayward is a synonym here for all people fed up with the senseless whining.

I've seen other posts of you, where i agree with what you say, but here you are in a dead-end.

David Hayward
08-04-2011, 01:18 PM
David Hayward's posts were created by the whiners!!!! No whiners -> No David Hayward posts. its so easy.
Where David Hayward is a synonym here for all people fed up with the senseless whining.

Stern, robtek is right. I was just responding to your (and others) whining. I used the same tone and level of snark, but not the same lack of self-awareness.

Jatta Raso
08-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah,
1. Bug - reports
2. repeated bug-reports
3. begin of whining
5.whining - wars started

I've seen other posts of you, where i agree with what you say, but here you are in a dead-end.
Yeah,
that's the category you fall into
now you are in a dead-end; you contribute to what you claim to fight; you seem to have problems to see your own logic

yes we created the monster

Stern, robtek is right. I was just responding to your (and others) whining. I used the same tone and level of snark, but not the same lack of self-awareness.
get a room :rolleyes:

Sternjaeger II
08-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah,
create a poll about something where there is no discontent and use it as a sledgehammer-argument,
i have to admit that you have chuzpe trying to sell everybody for dumb.
that's your very arrogant assumption, if you can't read English it's your problem, not mine. It was a simple question on whether the forum members would like a regular update from the devs or not, and people answered, some even bothered to motivate their position, some didn't. If you don't like the poll POST YOUR OWN and once and for all, stop denigrating other people's position with YOUR idea of what they're saying.

Btw, i've actually counted the posters which where posting pro-whining: 10 shure, about 5 probable.
Not even close to be a significant number of members of the community, but you made up for it with post-counts.

what YOU call whining is YOUR opinion, for others it's a fair request, so since YOU don't own the ultimate knowledge on what's fair or not fair, express your vote if you want to, then go preaching your sermons somewhere else. And it's "sure" not "shure".

1. Bug - reports
2. repeated bug-reports
3. begin of whining
5.whining - wars started

sorry, unfortunately I don't control all the people on this forum, this is a FREE place, and as any other FREE places, it happens that people moan. Now it's obvious that people don't just wake up in the morning and think "ok let me see what I can whine about", it's obvious that there's a reason why they do it. Some of them have no idea what they're talking about, and the community is here to help them, others might actually have valid points, and two months of no substancial updates are the cause for the protests.

All I wanted to see is whether people would care or not for regular updates, the majority said YES, get over it man!!!

The reason why I am here is because David Hayward needs either to change his attitude or go. Yes, I'm on a mission, and believe me, I'm not the only one that thinks so.

David Hayward
08-04-2011, 01:56 PM
The reason why I am here is because David Hayward needs either to change his attitude or go. Yes, I'm on a mission, and believe me, I'm not the only one that thinks so.

That's pretty funny. I think the current board format is great. I don't have to change anything.

Sternjaeger II
08-04-2011, 01:59 PM

No, trolling is all you do, and you position is as sterile and useless as the one of the whiners. The fact is that the so-called whiners have the same right of you to be here, but the fact that you rudely call them names, mock them and feel superior without giving any reason for it, makes you even more ridiculous.

You always go for the line of your self-righteous funny(in your mind) answers simply cos you have nothing to say.

VO101_Tom
08-04-2011, 03:04 PM
No, trolling is all you do, and you position is as sterile and useless as the one of the whiners. The fact is that the so-called whiners have the same right of you to be here, but the fact that you rudely call them names, mock them and feel superior without giving any reason for it, makes you even more ridiculous.

You always go for the line of your self-righteous funny(in your mind) answers simply cos you have nothing to say.

This is windmill fight. Behaves annoyingly because somebody annoys him, but considers himself right... you may not win in this battle... unless... to make a poll: is David a troll, or isn't. :twisted:
Okay, just kidding. :-D This would not make any sense. :roll:

robtek
08-04-2011, 04:31 PM
I was just jolting the cage :D
Letting myself out again now.
Have fun in your little private world here, where all the polls are unbiased and true, where fantasy becomes truth, and pink clouds move over a neon green England.

Pudfark
08-04-2011, 04:38 PM
:roll:
You've been had.....
:cool:

Bryan21cag
08-04-2011, 11:02 PM

perfect :) so there is no reason for it then. Thanks for confirming that for me :)

cheers :)

msalama
08-05-2011, 05:44 AM
This thread needs more banjo.

klem
08-05-2011, 07:52 AM
There ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaiyW_UDuG0&feature=related

The 'colour bug' patch is coming.

I'm a bit worried about the guy on the double base should the sun come out or someone cracks a garlic clove.

Helrza
08-05-2011, 11:44 AM
There ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaiyW_UDuG0&feature=related

The 'colour bug' patch is coming.

I'm a bit worried about the guy on the double base should the sun come out or someone cracks a garlic clove.

lmfao klem.... YEEEHAAAAAW :D :D :D

Tree_UK
08-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Yes, Luthier did say that everyone has a right to be pissed at the state of the unfinished sim on release, but suggested they would do everything in their power to make it right.

Yes he is very well known for speaking the truth isn't he. :grin:

robtek
08-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes Tree, for once you are right. :D

Chivas
08-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Yes he is very well known for speaking the truth isn't he. :grin:

Its not Luthiers fault you take everything he says as a promise when he's gone out of his way to say this is what they hope to achieve.

Pudfark
08-05-2011, 11:44 PM
voted 20, game is very bugged, a few good bits but I voted it down due to the awful development team, i have no trust left in them at all and they deserve to go bust.

My life experience and instincts developed from same....lead me to believe?

"I voted it down due to the awful development team, i have no trust left in them at all"

Any company that deliberately alienates their customers will?
Go bust....

I don't want that for myself or anyone else....there is no excuse for this, no
matter who makes one....

I really wish things were different...It's not my fault, it's not your fault...it's their fault...

If? I broke the rules here....I accept responsibility for my actions...I have more remorse for the game...than I do for any punitive action taken towards my person...

I just noted...that Steam is updating...hopefully, something good....

Salute Tree_UK...and all others...

Pudfark
08-06-2011, 12:08 AM
No attempt here to spam, troll or instigate anything...
It's just what I read here:

http://il-2-sturmovik.ubi.com/cliffs-of-dovers/blog/uk/

"For all of you encountering issues with the game, we strongly encourage you to visit 1C’s European forum, where Ilya is posting daily updates on the situation and useful tips to deal with perfomance issues:"

This is what has been posted at the above link...and again, not
trying to start anything here....

Comments? Preferably, nice, informative ones.....appreciated.

David Hayward
08-06-2011, 12:23 AM
That was posted back in April.

Pudfark
08-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Yes it was David....however, it is being presented as current info.
Meaning, that nothing or nobody has superceded it there...

The whole aspect of the information disseminated about this product?
Has been contradictory and limited....

Same here....IMHO

Can you tell me this?
Is it UBI's fault or 1C?

Or is it?
No Warranty...expressed or implied...As is?

Your opportunity?
Should you take it?
To throw a little more out there...than you have....

Chivas
08-06-2011, 01:26 AM

The whole aspect of the information disseminated about this product?
Has been contradictory and limited....

Same here....IMHO

Can you tell me this?
Is it UBI's fault or 1C?

Or is it?
No Warranty...expressed or implied...As is?

Your opportunity?
Should you take it?
To throw a little more out there...than you have....

If its anyones fault it could be laid on Maddox Games for not finishing the sim in a timely manor. Anyone with a modicum of common sense should realizes a project this complicated could be inundated with setbacks, so I've given the developer a pass at this point. The publishers were simply no longer willing to support the sim without some monies coming in. Now its up to Maddox Games to finish the project. I'm hoping that it won't take too long as the negative publicity in print and on the forums will certainly kill sales they most desperately need to stay in business.

David Hayward
08-06-2011, 01:49 AM

File a lawsuit. Let us know how it goes.

Fault?
Who gives a flip.
Why should I care?
Why would anyone in here care?
Does it have anything to do with the next update?

Your constant whining about meaningless BS is tedious.

David Hayward
08-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Pud, if old information on the website causes them to go out of business, I will move on with my life. I suggest you do the same.

David Hayward
08-06-2011, 01:54 AM
voted 20, game is very bugged, a few good bits but I voted it down due to the awful development team, i have no trust left in them at all and they deserve to go bust.

You gave it a 10. Why must you lie???!!??

JG52Krupi
08-06-2011, 02:04 AM
You gave it a 10. Why must you lie???!!??

I suggest you read his post again the key was 20 but voted it down due to....

Pudfark
08-06-2011, 02:11 AM
I got the old information part "Hardway"....
It's as outdated and as promising as yours....

And presented in the same way....
with the same explanation....

As is?
Is what is....

That reminds me of you....
Just as palatable....:-P

For "Hardway":
"A tool and his money, are soon parted...";-)

David Hayward
08-06-2011, 02:39 AM
Pud, you asked for a response. I gave you one. Who cares? If you're unhappy about being parted from your money, ask for a refund.

Pudfark
08-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Huh?

connie
08-06-2011, 05:20 AM
I gave it a 100, but only because 200 was not an option.

You are excused for your rating because no one told you it wasn't out of 1000. Otherwise its pretty funny to have that kind of sarcasm at your disposal.

klem
08-06-2011, 05:59 AM
No attempt here to spam, troll or instigate anything...
It's just what I read here:

http://il-2-sturmovik.ubi.com/cliffs-of-dovers/blog/uk/

"For all of you encountering issues with the game, we strongly encourage you to visit 1C’s European forum, where Ilya is posting daily updates on the situation and useful tips to deal with perfomance issues:"

This is what has been posted at the above link...and again, not
trying to start anything here....

Comments? Preferably, nice, informative ones.....appreciated.

Ouch!

I think they need to talk to eachother (if not to us).

David Hayward
08-06-2011, 06:06 AM
More people give it 10 than 100 90 80 combined. Thats kinda disturbing.

No, the disturbing part is that anyone would take this "poll" seriously.

nearmiss
08-06-2011, 06:14 AM
This is 1C European forums

Look at your address line on browser

UBI you pointed us to > latest information was in April

Things aren't popping here, but if they aren't popping here they aren't popping.

Luthier speaks English very well.

When the developer is ready to release information you can look for it here.

connie
08-06-2011, 06:29 AM
I'm not surprised as there is a wide spread of hardware, OS's, settings and setup knowledge.

In any case, it is an opinion poll and the results are bound to be subjective. Its sometimes hard to split emotion from objective assessment and lets be honest, the current state of CoD is raising some emotions. That's why I set out my scores in a such way that I could try to be objective and calculate a result rather than go only on gut feeling.

The poll is not a definitive assessment of the technical condition of the game as there can be no unique definition of hardware, OS environment, setup etc.

Nevertheless its a reasonable guide to this forum community's opinion and an insight into how the they are coping with it.

EDIT: I think MG should be encouraged by what they see, there is a concentration of opinion around the "not particularly good but recoverable" area. It could all have been down in the 20's indicating imminent demise of the patient. I just hope people remain as objective and unemotional as possible in their assessment.

I wasnt assessing it on how it worked with my hardware, I was assessing it on how unfinished and broken it was upon release. This should never have been released in the current state. SLI is broken, AA is broken, the list is huge.

Maddox is gone and Ubisoft is selling the thing cheap and calling it the last. Oh and by the way that is not a Russian translation error as Ubisoft is French and they have excellent translators. LOL

@David Hayward you do not see my humour, lighten up.

klem
08-06-2011, 07:56 AM
This is 1C European forums

Look at your address line on browser

UBI you pointed us to > latest information was in April

Things aren't popping here, but if they aren't popping here they aren't popping.

Luthier speaks English very well.

When the developer is ready to release information you can look for it here.

Hi nearmiss,

I'm not trying to be contentious but I would like to understand.

Are you saying we should not be guided by the company we bought the product from and that they cannot be expected to keep up to date with advising their customers what is going on? I know this forum is the true font of knowledge but Ubi as a distributor runs its own forums and provide info too, like this info they are giving to potential buyers. They really are misleading new customers and irritating us no end.

the Dutchman
08-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Please keep in mind they have "developed" this game for 5+ years!

They used up most of their budget on girls and vodka,and i have the pics to prove it!

Langnasen
08-06-2011, 08:47 AM
...and they deserve to go bust.

Seconded.

Sternjaeger II
08-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Good for you, but I have to admit that for me they lost about 90% of it already. Please keep in mind they have "developed" this game for 5+ years! Both of the last expansion packs were mostly developed by third party companies and the only thing they needed to do was the implementation of new planes and maps, which we know now since the "MOD" incident, is not as complicated to do as they wanted us to believe.

The very fact that someone from the community (me) had to tell them that their Bf110 that they happily showcased in dev updates had a number of OBVIOUS flaws should have made me very suspicious. How can a company that has spent the last decade on the subject matter of WWII aviation get something like that wrong? It is beyond me. That 3D guy must have looked at hundreds of photographs of Bf110Cs and, as we were let to believe!, original blueprints. I'd have fired him on the spot!

Zorin,what was the problem with the 110 exactly?

robtek
08-06-2011, 09:09 AM
A misplaced antenna and pitot tube, afaik.
Monumental errors that would have destroyed the gameplay for everyone.

theOden
08-06-2011, 09:10 AM
No, the disturbing part is that anyone would take this "poll" seriously.

Please elaborate.

robtek
08-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
...and they deserve to go bust.

Seconded.

And thats exactly what is not wanted here, hate-posts!

Sternjaeger II
08-06-2011, 10:10 AM

Sorry Robtek,I dont understand the reason for your sarcasm,why can't u keep it civilised? :confused:

Zorin
08-06-2011, 11:03 AM

You are pretty daft, aren't you? Completely unable to grasp the actual fact that is lying within such obvious mistakes. If they already fail at the obvious, do we really want to know(we do know actually) what has been messed up behind the visuals?

robtek
08-06-2011, 12:01 PM
So go and complain to ubi, wrong place here.

the people here already know how good ubi is as a fountain of knowledge.

6S.Manu
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
If they already fail at the obvious, do we really want to know(we do know actually) what has been messed up behind the visuals?

I totally agree with this quote. They say "detailed FMs and DMs"... the engine who manages them can be good, but if the guys put wrong data in it can we really call this a sim? And this goes on since the old IL2.

I don't trust them anymore. For that I would like to have excellent engines (graphical, FM, DM ect...) but above all a SDK to correct the data so I can sim with my preferred community.

Pudfark
08-06-2011, 02:13 PM
So go and complain to ubi, wrong place here.

the people here already know how good ubi is as a fountain of knowledge.

I see your point robtek...."full circle".
My point is/was it is a "circle"....

Thank you....

Tree_UK
08-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Its not Luthiers fault you take everything he says as a promise when he's gone out of his way to say this is what they hope to achieve.

Chivas, during development there were lots of untruths told, to suggest that never happened is simply erasing the past. You are more than happy to be hoodwinked and i'm pleased for you, it makes life easy that way, for me its 'once bitten twice shy'. Lets just take the very latest of examples, i.e. community manager, why tell us something that is never going to happen, he brings it on himself, unless of course the Com manager got lost in the dynamic weather whilst trying to get SLI working, he shouted for help but no-one could here him because the tree's were enabled. :grin:

Pudfark
08-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by luthier:
"We are however in the process of creating a full-time community manager position and setting up an old team member who will interact with you guys daily, answer questions, and keep you up to date on all events."

Since a lot of good folks here have been contributing to the "Bug Thread" to help out luthier?

Perhaps?
We should try to help luthier with the "Community Manager" process.
I believe...that it wouldn't be difficult to compile a list and nominate one of the respected Forum Members for this position. Further, I believe, that this "process" should be initiated by one of our Moderators.

What do you think?

Tree_UK
08-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by luthier:
"We are however in the process of creating a full-time community manager position and setting up an old team member who will interact with you guys daily, answer questions, and keep you up to date on all events."

Since a lot of good folks here have been contributing to the "Bug Thread" to help out luthier?

Perhaps?
We should try to help luthier with the "Community Manager" process.
I believe...that it wouldn't be difficult to compile a list and nominate one of the respected Forum Members for this position. Further, I believe, that this "process" should be initiated by one of our Moderators.

What do you think?

I think its a good idea, however that person would have to be in contact with Luthier on a regulat basis, as of now it seems he doesn't want to speak to his own customers so unless we get his mum to do it we are back to square one.

furbs
08-06-2011, 05:37 PM
LOL i vote for Tree!!

David Hayward
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Please elaborate.

There is no criteria for posting a score. It's just a random collection of numbers from whiners, people who are sick of the whiners, and people who made up their own criteria. Let's assume for a second that the average is 56.3321. What does that tell us that we didn't already know? Absolutely nothing. Basically, it was just an attempt to give the whiners some cover to complain about the same old things.

Jatta Raso
08-06-2011, 07:51 PM
There is no criteria for posting a score. It's just a random collection of numbers from whiners, people who are sick of the whiners, and people who made up their own criteria. Let's assume for a second that the average is 56.3321. What does that tell us that we didn't already know? Absolutely nothing. Basically, it was just an attempt to give the whiners some cover to complain about the same old things.

reactionary

as almost everyone recons in their good sense, this thread is useful as long as it's kept civil and harass free. it clears the picture pretty well. let's keep it that way shall we?

David Hayward
08-07-2011, 12:09 AM
For the 30's to 80's that's an average of 56.03

How funny is it that the average is almost the same, and just as useful, as the number I pulled out of my butt?

Kongo-Otto
08-07-2011, 12:17 AM
How funny is it that the average is almost the same, and just as useful, as the number I pulled out of my butt?

You pull numbers out of your butt?
Wow that must hurt.
:grin:

Pudfark
08-07-2011, 12:19 AM
You pull numbers out of your butt?
Wow that must hurt.

mostly...around the ears.....;)

David Hayward
08-07-2011, 03:10 AM
Average 56.06%
Mean 50%
Most popular score 60%

Quite low no matter how you cut it.

Also quite meaningless no matter how you cut it.

connie
08-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Also quite meaningless no matter how you cut it.

As is your comment.

David Hayward
08-07-2011, 05:34 AM
As is your comment.

No, the poll is meaningless. My comment is packed with insight.

albx
08-07-2011, 06:49 AM

Next time we will make a thread we will ask you if we can... ok?

klem
08-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by David Hayward

Next time we will make a thread we will ask you if we can... ok?

I wish you guys would stop quoting him, its defeating my one-entry ignore list.

This is a guy who lives in a sensory-denial capsule. Nothing you say reaches him, nothing he says has any value because he is unwilling to consider the thoughts and opinions of others and, god help him, possibly adjust his position. He's just blindly poking at anything anyone says. He can't help himself.

He fails to understand, or is determined to ignore, that the poll is a community opinion benchmark against which further opinion benchmarks will be made as the patches come out. Its purpose is to measure of our current and future feel for progress of improvements and hopefully capture simply and graphically all the opinions that have been sprayed across the forum in a thousand posts. Such a simplistic wordless approach defeats his trolling and he can't prevent himself from poking at it as that's all he's left with.

Ignore him or at least please don't quote him ;)

theOden
08-07-2011, 08:13 AM

If everyone put 90 and 100 I'm pretty sure you'd see the poll very valid.

If you return to furbs first post and read all the words this time, despite him being your favourite hate object, please realize that the poll is setup to be matched against the upcoming poll (maybe a week after next patch) to see where we're heading.

56.3321 is the average view of the forum visitors - probably the customers who care alot of this product despite being a yes/no sayer as so many here want to label eachothers. If the next poll ends up below this Luthier must realize he prioritized the wrong shortages (such as trains or rare ships) and need to read-up on when the customers are expecting.

If the next poll gives higher, well then he knows he's running his team spot on (this is what I think will happen as Luthier has made some hard decisions lately such as the "sound-issue").

This is a very valuable process for Luthier and company to read how well they succeed.

Klem, sorry for the quote but I do find him very entertaining and will not use the ignore function just yet.

Sternjaeger II
08-07-2011, 09:21 AM
And thats exactly what is not wanted here, hate-posts!

talking about double standards :rolleyes:

Sternjaeger II
08-07-2011, 09:22 AM
As is your comment.

Connie, leave it be, if a poll disagrees with their view, they'll say it's biased.

Truth is that they lost their personal battle (they were fighting against windmills, and we were poking them in their cage with a stick just for kicks), let's just sit down, relax and wait for our two weeks, we should be used to this by now ;)

Kongo-Otto
08-07-2011, 04:25 PM

I don't know why, but always when you post something, i smell Galen Thurber. :twisted:

David Hayward
08-07-2011, 05:28 PM
If everyone put 90 and 100 I'm pretty sure you'd see the poll very valid.

No, the poll is pointless no matter what the results are. Let's assume the numbers are all over 90. What does that mean? Does it mean the devs should stop trying to improve it? Does it mean they should ignore any bug that are found? Of course not. No matter what the results of the poll the devs will continue to improve the game. The poll is only useful for giving cover to the whiners.

David Hayward
08-07-2011, 06:18 PM
56.3321 is the average view of the forum visitors - probably the customers who care alot of this product despite being a yes/no sayer as so many here want to label eachothers. If the next poll ends up below this Luthier must realize he prioritized the wrong shortages (such as trains or rare ships) and need to read-up on when the customers are expecting.

If the next poll gives higher, well then he knows he's running his team spot on (this is what I think will happen as Luthier has made some hard decisions lately such as the "sound-issue").

This is a very valuable process for Luthier and company to read how well they succeed.

Sorry, but this is utterly absurd. The dev team probably has a list of known bugs broken down by functionality (graphics, sound, FM, etc). They also have a list of features that are not currently functioning (not bugs, but stuff they haven't coded yet). Priorities are based on those lists. A poll on what people think of the games does absolutely nothing to help determine dev priorities.

JG52Uther
08-07-2011, 07:46 PM
No, the poll is pointless no matter what the results are. Let's assume the numbers are all over 90. What does that mean? Does it mean the devs should stop trying to improve it? Does it mean they should ignore any bug that are found? Of course not. No matter what the results of the poll the devs will continue to improve the game. The poll is only useful for giving cover to the whiners.

Luckily you don't have to have anything to do with it then.The poll was not compulsory, so you could have just ignored it, as you don't see it as important or relevant. And luckily the mods have cottoned on to you now ,and moved your posts here.
Better for everyone concerned I think. You could choose to become a more valued member of the forum, by posting in some of the other threads, helping new people out, for example , or even post some screen shots?
Are you flying online or offline? If online, which servers do you like? If offline, which campaign are you flying, and how is it going?
You get the idea...
( I know I'm probably wasting my time, but still...)

David Hayward
08-07-2011, 07:47 PM
You could choose to become a more valued member of the forum, by posting in some of the other threads, helping new people out, for example , or even post some screen shots?

I'd rather be a valued member by pointing out useless, whiny, BS.

JG52Uther
08-07-2011, 08:00 PM
The mods think otherwise David, thats why all your posts end up here!
Ah well I tried.
Have a nice life :)

David Hayward
08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
The mods think otherwise David, thats why all your posts end up here!
Ah well I tried.
Have a nice life :)

There are plenty of my posts that haven't been moved here. And plenty of other people have posts moved here. Not sure what you were trying other than more BS?

JG52Uther
08-07-2011, 08:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/lifeispain.gif

Bye david.

Tree_UK
08-07-2011, 10:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/lifeispain.gif

Bye david.

David is living proof that you cannot educate Pork.

JG52Uther
08-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Its on the ignore list now so karma is restored! :)

Kongo-Otto
08-07-2011, 10:29 PM
I'd rather be a valued member by pointing out useless, whiny, BS.

http://www.eatliver.com/img/2010/5395.jpg

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 12:09 AM
David is living proof that you cannot educate Pork.

Coming from someone who thinks that whining about this game through polls is useful for the devs, that's pretty funny.

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 12:18 AM
It's quite telling that no one has even attempted to respond to my explanation of why this poll is useless.

Pudfark
08-08-2011, 12:45 AM
It's quite telling that no one has even attempted to respond to my explanation of why this poll is useless.

David...why don't you just shake it off...put it back in yer pants...and walk away....

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 01:10 AM
David...why don't you just shake it off...put it back in yer pants...and walk away....

I have no problem shaking off whiny responses like yours.

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Pud, why don't you try posting something intelligent instead of the usual whining?

ruggbutt
08-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Pud, why don't you try posting something intelligent instead of the usual whining?
As a lurker I have to say something: You've singlehandedly brought this thread to a new low for intelligent posting. Pudfark is just coming down to your level so you can understand him..............

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 01:22 AM
As a lurker I have to say something: You've singlehandedly brought this thread to a new low for intelligent posting. Pudfark is just coming down to your level so you can understand him..............

Right. Was the low point when I pointed out exactly how a software dev team prioritizes issues, and that it doesn't involve pointless polls by whiny trolls?

ruggbutt
08-08-2011, 04:35 AM
It's where you just don't STFU. You've said way too much and you're annoying. Thanks for listening.

klem
08-08-2011, 08:07 AM
IGNORE LIST!!!!

Stop poking the beast.

Unless of course you are all masochists.

Sternjaeger II
08-08-2011, 08:31 AM
It's where you just don't STFU. You've said way too much and you're annoying. Thanks for listening.

ROTFL best.answer.ever. :mrgreen:

robtek
08-08-2011, 09:29 AM
As annoying as David Hayward may be,
the funny thing is, that everybody poking at him sees himself above him.
Face the truth "hayward haters", you're not one iota better!
Except in your imagination, but only there!

JG52Uther
08-08-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't hate anyone robtek, its just words on a screen. Check my long post to him, saying he should get more involved in the community. He's been around for a while now, he could offer help to newbies, get involved in other discussions about CoD etc. Then check his answer...
Its not a problem, its his choice how he wants to contibute in the forum.
He's the only member in any forum I have ever put on an ignore list. In his mind he probably see's that as some sort of achievement.
Its good that the mods have moved him here to the troll locker, the forum is a nicer place now.

Sternjaeger II
08-08-2011, 10:27 AM

you're really really good at this double standards game man :rolleyes:

VO101_Tom
08-08-2011, 10:34 AM

David, as self-appointed crusader, started quarreling with anybody over the forum, who was other opinion, than his. The mood was bad anyway, and he aggressively, annoyingly mocked and teased. Nobody else opinion did not interest him. And this did not change since then.

Mr Logic
08-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I myself am an admirer of Mr Hayward's economy of phraseology and his objective and far-seeing analysis of statistical data.

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 12:44 PM

You should talk to Pud, furb, and the other whiners. I'm just responding to them.

robtek
08-08-2011, 12:59 PM
David, as self-appointed crusader, started quarreling with anybody over the forum, who was other opinion, than his. The mood was bad anyway, and he aggressively, annoyingly mocked and teased. Nobody else opinion did not interest him. And this did not change since then.

That might be, but how can fighting whining be bad???

His style is disputable, but his "crusade" isn't.

Whining is bad style in extreme and must be fought anytime anywere!

And dont equalize bug-reporting, criticism (constructive) and telling one's opinion (once) with whining, that is not the same.

VO101_Tom
08-08-2011, 01:28 PM
That might be, but how can fighting whining be bad???
His style is disputable, but his "crusade" isn't.
Whining is bad style in extreme and must be fought anytime anywere!
And dont equalize bug-reporting, criticism (constructive) and telling one's opinion (once) with whining, that is not the same.

The administrators' task to discipline others, if necessary. They have a right and "device" to it - ban. Everything else causes endless quarreling only. :rolleyes:

robtek
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
The administrators' task to discipline others, if necessary. They have a right and "device" to it - ban. Everything else causes endless quarreling only. :rolleyes:

As annoying the quarreling is sometimes, it is also a essential part of the forii, making them more interesting.
Like spices, they improve if not overdone.

Sternjaeger II
08-08-2011, 01:51 PM
As annoying the quarreling is sometimes, it is also a essential part of the forii, making them more interesting.
Like spices, they improve if not overdone.

I agree about the quarrelling bit, it's inevitable me thinks..

P.S.

it's fora, nor forii ;)

JG52Krupi
08-08-2011, 01:52 PM
You should talk to Pud, furb, and the other whiners. I'm just responding to them.

To be perfectly frank its not your job that's why they have mods on this board and your "response" is just adding to there work load... :rolleyes:

JG52Uther
08-08-2011, 01:53 PM
it's fora, nor forii ;)

Troublemaker!! ;)

JG52Uther
08-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Will everyone PLEASE stop quoting him, it defeats the ignore list... :)

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 02:08 PM
To be perfectly frank its not your job that's why they have mods on this board and your "response" is just adding to there work load... :rolleyes:

I never said it was my job. I'm responding because they are really annoying.

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Will everyone PLEASE stop quoting him, it defeats the ignore list... :)

It's one of the reasons I don't bother to use the ignore feature.

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM

BTW, if they were doing their job the whining would not be a problem.

JG52Krupi
08-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, we can only hope they ban you soon.

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah, we can only hope they ban you soon.

If they're not going to ban the whiners it is unlikely that they will ban me.

ruggbutt
08-08-2011, 03:42 PM
But I was talking to you, wasn't I? I haven't seen ignorance of the sort that I've seen from you on these boards. You think you have to have the last word and you cannot sit and behave yourself when someone snipes back at you. It's like you're a spoiled child who doesn't want to follow the rules and listen to his parents. Also, the re-direct that it's Pud/Furb's fault is at it's very essence an act of immaturity. You want me to disregard what you've said and done and focus on someone else. Since when is poor behavior justified in one person when others may or may not acting the same? As a child did that re-direct work for you? When you broke the window with the rock did you blame the other kids cuz they had rocks too?

C'mon, clearly you have some intelligence. Some of your posts reflect that. It's the immaturity level and your sniping that come to the forefront. Unfortunately it's human nature for people to remember bad before good and you're helping everyone here forget that you have participated positively a few times. Unfortunately it's more often than not that you haven't.

And for the record, I didn't mean to be too scathing in my remarks. It's Pud and Furb's fault................................

Sounded really stupid huh?

David Hayward
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
But I was talking to you, wasn't I?

So Fing what? If the whining stops I stop.

I haven't seen ignorance of the sort that I've seen from you on these boards.

Try reading some of your own posts on this thread.

You want me to disregard what you've said and done and focus on someone else.

No, I want you to see where the problem starts. It doesn't start with me. If the whining stops, I stop responding to it.

It's that simple.

Sternjaeger II
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
So Fing what? If the whining stops I stop.

Try reading some of your own posts on this thread.

No, I want you to see where the problem starts. It doesn't start with me. If the whining stops, I stop responding to it.

It's that simple.

we have two issues here:
1) you define "whining" everything that differs from your opinion.

2) there will always be whiners, in different ways, shapes or forms, but there will always be, it's a fact. The problem is that, in my humble opinion, you do not really do a pro-active job in "kicking the whiners", you just tease people and drag them into your immature game. You contradict yourself with this behaviour, which I find very puerile. Ruggbutt's assessment is damn spot on. Can I ask you how old you are David?

JG52Uther
08-08-2011, 04:05 PM
He is a troll, so it is a game to him.People that respond to him, or interact with him in any way, fall in to the trap he lays. It takes two to play his game.
If the mods won't get rid of him, then just don't respond to his posts, and he will go away to infest another forum.
He doesn't even have CoD...

JG52Krupi
08-08-2011, 04:36 PM
He is a troll, so it is a game to him.People that respond to him, or interact with him in any way, fall in to the trap he lays. It takes two to play his game.
If the mods won't get rid of him, then just don't respond to his posts, and he will go away to infest another forum.
He doesn't even have CoD...

Don't worry they have banned him :D but i fear it is only a respite he will be back :-P

JG52Uther
08-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Finally! The forum will be a more peaceful place for a while.

Pudfark
08-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Don't worry they have banned him :D but i fear it is only a respite he will be back :-P

Wow...two positive updates in one week....Gentlemen, we are definitely moving forward....Honorable mention to Snapper and his VAC post...:-D

Sternjaeger II
08-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Well I reported a negative comment he made on mods,maybe that helped? Lol

albx
08-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Well I reported a negative comment he made on mods,maybe that helped? Lol

http://i53.tinypic.com/2r5cc5u.gif

nearmiss
08-08-2011, 05:24 PM
It's not nice to talk bad about mods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJrWFp9UXHI

Lixma
08-08-2011, 05:26 PM
He looks like Kurt Vonnegut.

albx
08-08-2011, 05:27 PM
wow, that hurts

and now...

beer for everybody ;)

http://madmikesamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Beer_Maid_2.jpg

ruggbutt
08-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I apologize if anyone else besides David was irritated by my posts. It just got to be where some of the interesting things you people were saying got overshadowed by the stupidity that is David. Some of you guys gave me a big LOL a couple of times as well. ;)

JG52Krupi
08-08-2011, 05:52 PM

How long for Nearmiss.. I don't think he deserves a life ban.

Unless you really don't like ppl talking about you!! but then you must have missed all my posts on you :-P

Pudfark
08-08-2011, 05:56 PM

The best definition of a "near miss"...I've ever seen...;)

nearmiss
08-08-2011, 05:58 PM
2 weeks - He isn't that bad. When people start talking bad about mods things can get out of hand quickly. He knew that!

I don't wear my feelings on my sleeves, or some of this crew that hangs here would be long gone.

Mods are non-paid volunteers just trying to keep civility and sanity in the forums.

VO101_Tom
08-08-2011, 06:18 PM
2 weeks - He isn't that bad.
Yes, this is an acceptable ban.

skouras
08-08-2011, 06:44 PM
wow, that hurts

and now...

beer for everybody ;)

hahahahahahahahaha lol

Ze-Jamz
08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
omg...LOL

Kongo-Otto
08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
wow, that hurts

and now...

beer for everybody ;)

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp. one more please. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsI6lkinSvg&NR=1):grin:

connie
08-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I keep seeing a trend from new people joining these forums to troll talking about other games. I'm assuming it's because the games they like have noone playing them?

I keep seing a trend where some people insult others bycalling them trolls or trying to discredit them personally (both bogus arguement tactics BTW) when they criticize CloD or won't buy into lame excuses used to excuse why it is in such bad shape at release.

I merely brought up A-10 because I was refuting the claim that CloD's problems should be excused because of its complexity. The A-10 example proves that lame excuse wrong. A-10 is clearly more complex and was a much smother release. I actually agree that A-10 gets boring after a while, but that has nothing to do with the complexity of the two sims and there releases.

Blinders are clouding judgement here and personal attacks are replacing logic. A real shame.

ATAG_Bliss
08-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Every single one of your posts since you've joined this forum is to jab at the sim. It's quite clear what your intentions are here. You are the pure definition of a troll. No reason to get upset when you get called out for being one.

And just because A10 ran great for you since being available for download (alpha / beta) doesn't mean that it did for everyone else. I for one, couldn't play the game without crashing after 5 minutes of play until the RC was finished. I have never had that problem with IL2COD.

connie
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Every single one of your posts since you've joined this forum is to jab at the sim. It's quite clear what your intentions are here. You are the pure definition of a troll. No reason to get upset when you get called out for being one.

And just because A10 ran great for you since being available for download (alpha / beta) doesn't mean that it did for everyone else. I for one, couldn't play the game without crashing after 5 minutes of play until the RC was finished. I have never had that problem with IL2COD.

And the name calling and discrediting gets worse. Its a shame the mods allow this sort of thing. Its a a game. Sheesh.

ATAG_Bliss
08-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Nah, not really. The only thing amazing is your constant slagging off on the devs here.

And for the "it's a game" comment. You should heed your own advice and calm down. Your posts are not in the slightest constructive. If you want to talk about A10, I'm sure you can find the home for their forums.

ATAG_Snapper
08-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Connie, it's a nice shot of a damaged A-10: lots of bullet hole decals and a missing wingtip. However, I'm not convinced that each and every bullet hole signifies precise damage internally depending on the angle, degree of penetration, and nature of penetration (ie. AP, incendiary, FMJ ball, explosive head, inert shrapnel) as it does in CoD. CoD takes into account the precise locations of hydraulic lines, fuel cells, fuel lines, coolant lines if applicable, wiring, control lines, oil lines if applicable, ammo bays, etc.). This is a well-documented aspect of Cliffs of Dover which I believe this extreme level of complexity is not to be found in any current air combat simulation, including DCS-A10 -- pretty damage pictures notwithstanding.

BTW, I installed the current 280 Nvidia driver but did not detect any appreciable difference good nor bad with my modest GTX 285 card.

connie
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Connie, it's a nice shot of a damaged A-10: lots of bullet hole decals and a missing wingtip. However, I'm not convinced that each and every bullet hole signifies precise damage internally depending on the angle, degree of penetration, and nature of penetration (ie. AP, incendiary, FMJ ball, explosive head, inert shrapnel) as it does in CoD. CoD takes into account the precise locations of hydraulic lines, fuel cells, fuel lines, coolant lines if applicable, wiring, control lines, oil lines if applicable, ammo bays, etc.). This is a well-documented aspect of Cliffs of Dover which I believe this extreme level of complexity is not to be found in any current air combat simulation, including DCS-A10 -- pretty damage pictures notwithstanding.

BTW, I installed the current 280 Nvidia driver but did not detect any appreciable difference good nor bad with my modest GTX 285 card.

No diff for me either on the drivers. It was a small WHQL release. Yes damage may be an area CloD beats A-10, but that is no reason it runs so poorly and was as unfinished as it was upon release. I do hope this thing gets fixed as it will be a beauty if they do. I appreciate the polite tone of your replies.

connie
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Nah, not really. The only thing amazing is your constant slagging off on the devs here.

And for the "it's a game" comment. You should heed your own advice and calm down. Your posts are not in the slightest constructive. If you want to talk about A10, I'm sure you can find the home for their forums.

I'm calm and I'm not slagging you, even when you slag me. Read my post to Snapper. Its polite and slags no one.

Its a game, calm down.

furbs
08-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Bliss mate, you are sounding slightly hysterical. :)

ATAG_Bliss
08-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Good deal. I'm glad you've calmed down after 20 some posts on this forum slagging the state of the game or the devs. And if you notice, I wasn't the one doing that. Instead I was talking about the drivers while you went on a rant about the poor state of IL2COD and compared it to A10 and then linked a review to A10 as well.

But it's nice to see you've decided to heed to your own advice. Thanks.

SiThSpAwN
08-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I thought every thread started in this forum was just a challenge to see how long it could take somebody to steer it off course and into the drink ;) What was this thread about again? CoD Devs lack of response on the A-10's damage model, with nVidia SLI support that was already stated as fixed, but not really... got it... :confused:

lol...

And +1

ATAG_Bliss
08-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Bliss mate, you are sounding slightly hysterical. :)

Not really. It just gets old having every single thread go off topic in this forum by people who constantly beat a dead horse.

The game is unfinished and is still being worked on. As someone that plays it often, I don't need to be reminded about it in every single thread. I'm sure there's plenty other people out there that feel the same way.

connie
08-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Good deal. I'm glad you've calmed down after 20 some posts on this forum slagging the state of the game or the devs. And if you notice, I wasn't the one doing that. Instead I was talking about the drivers while you went on a rant about the poor state of IL2COD and compared it to A10 and then linked a review to A10 as well.

But it's nice to see you've decided to heed to your own advice. Thanks.
Now you try and make me look like the hysterical one. Nice try. I never got worked up in the first place and I called no one names, just stating facts. If you don't like what I say, ignore it.

Subject change:

The drivers do no good or any harm to CloD.

ATAG_Bliss
08-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Good for you. Let it out.

skouras
08-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey Tree
don' expect Luthier to answer...:grin:
just have a little faith and wait for the next patch;)

Tree_UK
08-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey Tree
don' expect Luthier to answer...:grin:
just have a little faith and wait for the next patch;)

I dont think he has an answer buddy.

robtek
08-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh Ye, of little faith.

Tree_UK
08-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Oh Ye, of little faith.

Robtek, its not about faith, Luthier has claimed SLI is working - it clearly isn't. If he thinks its working then it wont get fixed, I am simply asking him how does he know its working and to give us his driver/profile details. If you have nothing to offer on this subject then why post?

Tiger27
08-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Well Luthier has stated that DX11 will be introduced and it was a very high priority, so i would imagine they have had someone working on it since release, so this could be any time soon.

Hi luthier, you have stated recently that SLI is working but that we are waiting for an Nvidia driver, could you please tell in that case how do you know it is working? What driver are you using and how did you set a profile up to test SLI??

Tree, I was watching the riots on the news the last couple of days and reading your posts above it reminded me of when that young lad was given what looked like assistance, while all the time they were robbing him, not wanting too trivialise what was obviously a very nasty situation over in the UK, but your posting style is similar, you post as if you are being of assistance when really you are taking another opportunity to stick the virtual knife into Luthiers back, you need to stop taking the state of this game as a personal insult, it's moving forward, relax, eventually we will have the sim we were hoping for at release, good things come to those who wait ;-)

Tree_UK
08-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Tree, I was watching the riots on the news the last couple of days and reading your posts above it reminded me of when that young lad was given what looked like assistance, while all the time they were robbing him, not wanting too trivialise what was obviously a very nasty situation over in the UK, but your posting style is similar, you post as if you are being of assistance when really you are taking another opportunity to stick the virtual knife into Luthiers back, you need to stop taking the state of this game as a personal insult, it's moving forward, relax, eventually we will have the sim we were hoping for at release, good things come to those who wait ;-)

SLI and Riots?? I fail to see any connection, but i am happy to wait for Luthier to make something else up about SLI if you insist.

Havoc04
08-12-2011, 11:48 AM

Agreed mate.. At every turn
+1

JG52Krupi
08-12-2011, 12:41 PM

+1

Tree your constant feet stomping is not doing anything, we agree the game wasn't released in the state it should have been, that said sli/xfire until recently was hardly ever supported upon a games release.

And some ppl have said it works other say it works but with flickering, at least you get better fps with my xfire I get a 20fps drop :(

HeavyDelta
08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
What about this for a business model?

Instead of handing the customer a cow pattie for 50 bucks. Hand us a cow pattie for 10 bucks. Every subsequent patch is another 5 bucks. This would drive the process more quickly, not insult us with trash for hard-earned money, incentivize the developers to deliver. If at any time you want to abandon ship, you are out far less money (for instance if the first patch doesn't deliver what it promises to deliver) and would lead to a lot less feelings of being taken advantage of as a loyal customer from a previous product line?

I find myself in a fascinating postion. When I joined the boards in 2000 with IL-2, I was slagged as a fanboy because I loved it. My argument then was "hey, for 50 bucks you cannot get this many hours of entertainment ANYWHERE in the flight sim world".

Now my argument is "I don't like paying 50 bucks for unfinished, mostly unplayable content. I think that is a bad business model." Now, I'm slagged as a whiner! LOL

I'm having a ten year-span identity crisis!

Tree_UK
08-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Agreed mate.. At every turn
+1

lol, Havoc your just miffed because i proved you wrong, Im still waiting on that apology by the way. :grin::grin:

Tree_UK
08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
+1

Tree your constant feet stomping is not doing anything, we agree the game wasn't released in the state it should have been, that said sli/xfire until recently was hardly ever supported upon a games release.

And some ppl have said it works other say it works but with flickering, at least you get better fps with my xfire I get a 20fps drop :(

Krupi, Im not foot stomping I am trying to help here, Luthier thinks SLI is fixed, its not. How can it be fixed in future patches when he thinks it already works, capiche??

JG52Krupi
08-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Krupi, Im not foot stomping I am trying to help here, Luthier thinks SLI is fixed, its not. How can it be fixed in future patches when he thinks it already works, capiche??

In that case Tree with have vastly different opinions on how to inform someone of a problem :lol: .

Or maybe its because so many of your posts have snide and sarcastic twists to them I just see it in every post of yours regardless... :-P

Havoc04
08-12-2011, 01:44 PM
lol, Havoc your just miffed because i proved you wrong, Im still waiting on that apology by the way. :grin::grin:

I would give an apology if you DIDN'T crave it so much, and just another feather in you're cap! I will not sir. But in all honesty. You have been trying to shoot down Luther at every turn waiting for him to slip up and BANG you post about it and keep on rubbing it in. I'm not saying you're the cause as to why he dose not post regularly here anymore. But you certainly DON'T help matters either.

I'm also not saying you're THE only one, There a couple that just LOVE to shoot down rub in the salt and generally turn it into a wine and cheese fest. But that's all i shall say on the matter. Nothing i say or do will make you do what YOU wish to do period.

So good luck to you Sir!

Regards

Tree_UK
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I would give an apology if you DIDN'T crave it so much, and just another feather in you're cap! I will not sir. But in all honesty. You have been trying to shoot down Luther at every turn waiting for him to slip up and BANG you post about it and keep on rubbing it in. I'm not saying you're the cause as to why he dose not post regularly here anymore. But you certainly DON'T help matters either.

I'm also not saying you're THE only one, There a couple that just LOVE to shoot down rub in the salt and generally turn it into a wine and cheese fest. But that's all i shall say on the matter. Nothing i say or do will make you do what YOU wish to do period.

So good luck to you Sir!

Regards

You dont get it do you, Luthier as stated that SLI is working, its not about shooting him down, its about letting him know that its not working so it gets fixed. I could be wrong, so I have respectfully asked Luthier to tell us how he knows it is working, i may be a pain, but Im not partial to having the wool pulled over my eyes.

Now your words previously were as follows, well you were wrong, you were quick enough to jump on my back now you should 'man up' and say sorry buddy i got it wrong.

Havoc04
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tree just throws stuff in and mixes the pot when it looks as though a thread is starting to get boring.......
And as the above poster said..

"The problem is that Luthier thinks it is already fixed."
Link for proof please.

Lixma
08-12-2011, 02:14 PM
What about this for a business model?

Instead of handing the customer a cow pattie for 50 bucks. Hand us a cow pattie for 10 bucks. Every subsequent patch is another 5 bucks. This would drive the process more quickly, not insult us with trash for hard-earned money, incentivize the developers to deliver. If at any time you want to abandon ship, you are out far less money (for instance if the first patch doesn't deliver what it promises to deliver) and would lead to a lot less feelings of being taken advantage of as a loyal customer from a previous product line?

I don't want to pay for patches. Content, yes. Fixes, no.

Rise of Flight's business model seems to have worked OK. You get the base game and then buy individual aircraft and stuff to taste.

Gamekeeper
08-12-2011, 02:20 PM
...............and once again a thread becomes about tree