PDA

View Full Version : Observers? Replays?

Inuki
07-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Will there ever be such a feature in Men of War? It's preventing people from casting the game and getting others into the game.

I understand replays would be a huge workload to do but surely observers is a simple case of having a third team, unable to spawn anything, with fog of war off only for them! Sure you would only be able to watch live games but thats all you need to cast.

Will their ever be observers? =0

Tigerium
07-23-2011, 11:18 PM
I don't see the utility of "Observing" a game , it's much more fun to play it eh ?

But even if you weren't talking about that at all , you said a "3rd Team" , THIS would be truly amazing to play with more than 2 teams [Even if we can do it with the GEM editor] :D

Back to your idea , like I said , I don't see the utility of observing a game but if you like to watch games then yeah ... It would be good for you and every people that does :P

Inuki
07-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Watching games is becoming more and more popular. We arn't talking about watching games whilst you have your men of war loaded up. We are talking about webcasts.

Plenty of people like to relax to a game being played rather than play it themself. Plenty of people enjoy watching others play to learn how to play better themself or to generate new ideas. A lot of people like to check out a game being played before they buy it. If you can't see the point in "Observers" in games then welcome to gaming I guess your new to it =p

It should be fairly standard practice to put observers into RTS games because without it, it makes tournaments very hard to do and most importantly the tournoment only matters to those who participate in it as no outside players will be involved (Since no one can watch).

mrminiling
07-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Yep. Replays would increase the popularity of Men of War. I always enjoyed watching competitive play on Company of Heroes. As well do I miss the option of recording my own games. It should be mandatory for all RTS, really.

Not everyone can turn fraps on and play MoW competitively, as fraps can be CPU intensive when you're trying to play. As well as video editing, rendering the video, then finally uploading - time consuming.

If it were anything like Company of Heroes, you could have a simple audio commentary being played in the background as you watch the replay from in the game itself. Like it is with CoH shoutcasts.

Men of War has A LOT of potential, it is sad that the game lack those two options. I can see Men of War being very popular on its competitive aspect.

They really need to implement this.

Tigerium
07-26-2011, 11:25 PM
I play games since I was 4 and I already saw Observing system , don't worry I know what it is <_< .

But for me , it's useless ... But as you say , it can be useful to people that wants to generate or learn how to play .

Inuki
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Another great thing about observers is playing with friends. I have a fair few who like to do small games with other players watching. Have a bit of a chat. Make a few jokes between yourself.

Tigerium
07-28-2011, 12:40 AM
You convinced me , even if I wouldn't use it myself , it would be fun and useful ^.^