PDA

View Full Version : We need a new Dgen from Starshoy for 4.09

Fearfactor
12-28-2007, 06:44 PM
So we can fly some of the newer planes in Dgen campaign system, such as N1K2-JA and maybe KI-27. Dgen now does not accept these planes into it's system. It does not recognize any of the newer '46 aircraft.:(:mad:

PBNA-Boosher
12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
There is a way to add those planes in yourself for now. I'm not quite sure what it is though. A search on M4T or the UBI mission builder forum might dig it up though.

Fearfactor
12-28-2007, 08:03 PM
There is a way to add those planes in yourself for now. I'm not quite sure what it is though. A search on M4T or the UBI mission builder forum might dig it up though.Thanks, I know about the way but it's a total pain. You simply start a campaign in another similar aircraft, then before every mission you have to go into the Full Mission builder and change the plane type. I have done this but it gets old after a while.

II./JG1_Wilcke
12-28-2007, 08:58 PM
:o I am still waiting for the one when 4.08 came out!:rolleyes:

Avimimus
12-29-2007, 01:34 AM
It would be nice if Dgen was made open source...

Fearfactor
12-29-2007, 03:45 PM
I know, because even I could decompile it and add the latest '46 planeset and recompile it.
Nobody seems to know what happened to Starshoy, the one who created it. I think he just gave up on it or something.

Avimimus
12-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Or got busy. He was very responsive for a long time, exchanging e-mails about how to improve it, writing tutorials and walking people through changes...

Fearfactor
12-30-2007, 10:35 PM
True, he could very well be busy but it would only take literally a few minutes to add the 7 or 8 planes added since the last update. He might be working so hard on a campaign for BoB/SoW, that he may consider it a back burner issue. Nobody seems to know and I know of no one that is in contact with him at the moment. Perhaps one day we will find out?

vtrelut
01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
True, he could very well be busy but it would only take literally a few minutes to add the 7 or 8 planes added since the last update. He might be working so hard on a campaign for BoB/SoW, that he may consider it a back burner issue. Nobody seems to know and I know of no one that is in contact with him at the moment. Perhaps one day we will find out?

I do not know if it would be so simple.

Anyway one thing is sure: the current DGen.exe does NOT allow to include in DGen campaigns the new planes and maps which appeared since 4.07m was released. For instance we can include the Shiden-Kai which came up with 4.06m (already done in user made DGen patches), but we cannot include the Ki-27, or the Ar-234B2. The Italy map, the new MTO map, the Kiev map, etc are not supported either. There is at least a dozen planes and a dozen maps which appeared since DGen was last updated, and which could be nice additions to DGen campaigns. Users can make the campaigns, but really for that we DO NEED an updated DGen.exe that supports the new planes and maps. Since 4.09m is the final patch, could 1C COMPANY supply the community with such an updated DGen.exe?

That would be really great!

Thank you,

vtrelut

jeanba
01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
I like DGEN and I would also love to have it compatible with the new maps and planes.
I would especially like to start a campaign in Bessarabia, then Kiev, then Crimea, then Kuban ...
And also play Kiev 1943 ...

ojcar
01-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Yes, I am a little disappointed. DGEN is a very important part of the sim and it has not support since 4.07. Just look at all old sims (Red Baron3D, MIG Alley, etc.). They are near dead online, but they survive very well offline. Offline is the future of Il-2, when all the onliners will be playing BOB.
Oleg has given to us many planes and maps. Very well to all the onliners and static campaing lovers, but very sad to dynamic campaing lovers. We have paid the same money than everybody. Please, it can't be so difficult...And many thanks!