PDA

View Full Version : NEW SOUND DLL added with 4.09b1m...what is it?

Ironman69
12-28-2007, 01:42 PM
What is the story on the new sound dlls we recieved upon downloading the beta? They are called mg_snd.dll <---old dll, but updated in date 6/5/07 and mg_snd_sse.dll. What is the new dll for ( mg_snd_sse.dll ) ? How can we use it ?

1.JaVA_Platypus
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Swap the old and new DLL's and see what happens?

6S.Manu
12-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Switching cameras to look at the new skins I noticed something different in the sounds.

_ITAF_Gianpaolo
12-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Seems that machine guns & cannons sounds are new;also crash sounds are different....

Billfish
12-28-2007, 02:22 PM
What is the story on the new sound dlls we recieved upon downloading the beta? They are called mg_snd.dll <---old dll, but updated in date 6/5/07 and mg_snd_sse.dll. What is the new dll for ( mg_snd_sse.dll ) ? How can we use it ?

Why would you be picking it apart?.....Either install the patch complete or don't install it my way of thinking. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would try and piece out the patch.

Ironman69
12-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Billfish, i have the complete beta patch installed. I'm just wondering if anybody knows what the new sound dll was for... or if we need to do anything extra to make it work over the older sound dll file.

=RedChip=
12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
For me these new sound DLLs are not working well, the radio communication is cutting in the middle of sentences, then going mute. With 4.08m everything was perfect.

My hardware:
P4 & MB Intel D875PBZ (latest drivers)
Radeon x1950 (Cat 7.11)
Sound Blaster Audigy LS (latest drivers)
Windows XP
Sound Blaster Live! profile selected in game.

Viking
12-28-2007, 06:47 PM
If I install mg_snd_sse.dll my game won’t start

IFly_1968
12-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Why would you be picking it apart?.....Either install the patch complete or don't install it my way of thinking. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would try and piece out the patch.

Does it matter if he picks it apart. He is asking a simple question.

brando
12-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Actually, I'm having trouble with team-speak and the patch. Sound quality obviously. I hear my friends more or less broken-up, but they hear me perfectly as ever.

None of us is using any unofficial stuff, and my PC is pretty solid as specs go. I may check out the old .dll to see if that cures it, I will post result here.

Otherwise it's all pretty well perfect. Great work on the terrain maps...the Land geometry =3 is splendid, just this sound snafu.

B

Snuff_Pidgeon
12-28-2007, 10:47 PM

In my case i had to pick it apart or this patch would not run on my system (horses for courses)

RAF_Magpie
12-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Why would you be picking it apart?......Either install the patch complete or don't install it my way of thinking. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would try and piece out the patch.

Because its a beta... and it KINDA helps to know whats being altered when it comes to feedback... - Don't ya think? :rolleyes:

stansdds
12-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Actually, I'm having trouble with team-speak and the patch. Sound quality obviously. I hear my friends more or less broken-up, but they hear me perfectly as ever.

None of us is using any unofficial stuff, and my PC is pretty solid as specs go. I may check out the old .dll to see if that cures it, I will post result here.

Otherwise it's all pretty well perfect. Great work on the terrain maps...the Land geometry =3 is splendid, just this sound snafu.

B
I don't know why the patch would affect TeamSpeak as TS is a separate program. You may be having a hardware conflict, internet download speed issue, problem with your speakers/headset ,or a program priority issue.

Decon
12-30-2007, 03:05 AM
Brando,
You may have the games voice messing with you. Turn it off in game as in flip the switch!

Enjoy, Happy New Year

Decon

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Brando,
You may have the games voice messing with you. Turn it off in game as in flip the switch!

Enjoy, Happy New Year

Decon

This is a common problem and I cant even count how many people over the years I had to tell to turn it off. It causes some type of interference with 3rd party comms and I really wish it was off by default. Perhaps Oleg and team can do so in final release of 4.09.

S!