PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions and requests

Sammual
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I bought the game from Gamer's Gate yesterday. Here are my First Impressions.

1) Great looking game for a TBS. +2
2) The title, background, units are VERY generic. - 0.5
3) Unit perks, upgrades, and artifacts. +1
4) Its an updated Fantasy General! +1
5) Terrain matters, unit formations matter. +2
6) You can't build your own army for Multiplayer? -2
7) No random maps or better yet a map editor? -3

All in all the game looks good with the potential to be great.

I can see three areas where the game needs help; single player, multiplayer, and modding.

A Map editor would help all three areas greatly and is all the single player game really needs.

Multiplayer needs a MUCH larger selection of maps or a map editor (The community will make multiplayer maps as soon as we can), a game lobby of some kind, and a way to build your own army.

For modding a unit editor would be nice (GUI interface for the XML docs is all we need). A map editor or at least a description of the map format so we can write our own is needed badly. A scenario editor would be great (Embedded triggers in the map editor would be good and a full scripting language like python or lua would be great).

Are there any plans for anything I mentioned above?

Thanks,
Sammual

Skelos
12-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes, there are plans to make Map Editor available.

Traveler
12-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Considering how scrace games like this are, I really like it.

Best: no supply system!:grin:

Worst: even on easy Gold is way to scarce:-x

Missing: online match making server:!:

Problems: damage done seems very unpredictable - I've tried some tests of unit attacks some times I'll do 9 points other times 1 point:confused:

asadexes
12-30-2007, 12:22 AM
The missing of a map editor is really a bad thing, expecially because when i bought this game i've done because on the homesite there is write that the game HAS A MAP EDITOR.
That's not serious