PDA

View Full Version : Work at RRG Studios

Viking
12-24-2007, 04:58 PM
What are they up to now a days? Been a long time since any updates, I emailed them a few days ago begging for news but so far nothing.

crazyivan1970
12-26-2007, 05:36 PM
They are steaming ahead :)

JG52Uther
12-26-2007, 05:37 PM

Aaah a train sim!

DD_crash
12-26-2007, 06:12 PM
That ties in the all the railway stuff :)

Viking
12-26-2007, 06:54 PM

Is there any chance that you might beg them for an update?

Pretty pretty please!

Avimimus
12-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Luthier promised more than he could deliver during the lead up to Pacific Fighters. For the three addons/1946 there was almost no news until a few weeks before release. I expect it will be the same.

Oleg is very good at the whole charismatic/enlightened despot thing... other people simply don't have the skills to regularly leak information.

crazyivan1970
12-26-2007, 07:54 PM
i`ll ask, but no promises.

Luthier promised more then he could deliver, what do you mean by that Avimimus? We all know that it took a while to convince UBI to take part in 1946... That might partially explain "no news" almost until release...

Avimimus
12-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Oleg walks a delicate tightrope in giving us information. It is easy to promise too much and it is easier for an accidental lack of clarity to lead to misinterpretation. This is even harder when people often "hope for the best" and when there is such a good track record of ground breaking achievements and unexpected improvements in place.

Doing this requires much more skill than most of us realise (or have for that matter). Luthier learned the hard way back around the time Pacific fighters was released:
http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=51&Number=1380096
As you can imagine there was a certain amount of flak some months later.

With 1946 he was much more conservative. We were told not to expect trenches or the Ta-183 and features were only announced once they were in the beta phase. When the "leaks" were made they were also parceled out by Luthier with the minimum of extra information (much more like Oleg).

So, I wouldn't expect anything from RRG, other than confirming what we already know, for a few months.

heywooood
12-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I like Ilya - I really miss his sense of humor, dude is flat out funny when he wants to be!

I hope he will post on this board like he used to at teh ZOO...I think Evgeny can handle the clowns just fine....

How bout it Luthier? Come out and be with the people one time

JG52Uther
12-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I like Ilya - I really miss his sense of humor, dude is flat out funny when he wants to be!

I hope he will post on this board like he used to at teh ZOO...I think Evgeny can handle the clowns just fine....

How bout it Luthier? Come out and be with the people one time

He took my picture once.I must be popular 'cos even Oleg wanted to be in the picture.

Avimimus
12-29-2007, 01:33 AM
That is actually the thing that I miss. I remember the days when "Luthier1" and "Uberdemon" would answer my questions at UBI (and before that, does anyone remember "Blue Byte"?)

luthier
12-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Hey guys. Me not having been around is not a PR strategy. I just got tired of the big flight sim forums, and I've been getting my forums fill at some smaller sites, mostly posting under names other than 'luthier'. Ubi forums give me PTSD.

We're chugging along on our next project at RRG, but BoB is coming out first, so PR focus is on Oleg's germination for now. We're just quietly doing our thing and waiting for Oleg to do his. I'm working with Oleg on BoB as well, of course. You will actually be seeing more of me on the forums in the new year, because on some of the things I'm doing for BoB (and for my own project) I'll need community's help.

Also, Ubi? Blue Byte? How about dogfighter.com, the real good old days, back in the year nineteen-ninety-nine?

Viking
12-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey guys. Me not having been around is not a PR strategy. I just got tired of the big flight sim forums, and I've been getting my forums fill at some smaller sites, mostly posting under names other than 'luthier'. Ubi forums give me PTSD.

We're chugging along on our next project at RRG, but BoB is coming out first, so PR focus is on Oleg's germination for now. We're just quietly doing our thing and waiting for Oleg to do his. I'm working with Oleg on BoB as well, of course. You will actually be seeing more of me on the forums in the new year, because on some of the things I'm doing for BoB (and for my own project) I'll need community's help.

Also, Ubi? Blue Byte? How about dogfighter.com, the real good old days, back in the year nineteen-ninety-nine?

"You will actually be seeing more of me on the forums in the new year, because on some of the things I'm doing for BoB (and for my own project) I'll need community's help."

You got it!

IMHO! Please use the word “users” instead of the slightly tainted “community’s”!

Rama
12-30-2007, 02:02 PM
because on some of the things I'm doing for BoB (and for my own project) I'll need community's help.

Still waiting the answers to my mails (some monthes ago) about my proposal (the one that SaqSon said it could be usefull to your project).

Avimimus
12-30-2007, 04:12 PM

Man, Its nice to see you around. Oleg's around more and things are quieter like in the old days (mind you I don't go back as far as you though, dogfighter.com ...the last millennium).

As for the Zoo, it does strange things to people, it seems like you left at the right time and got off relatively easy (PTSD vs. full fledged insanity ;) ).

We're here to help, at the ready (if a little worse for wear)! S!

csThor
12-30-2007, 05:08 PM
luthier said:
Ubi forums give me PTSD.

Not that hard. Stay there long enough and it's going to happen for sure. :D

Chivas
12-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Good to cya Luthier....I know what you mean about the ubi forums...I may have contributed to your PTSD's in small way....as you were my favorite wipping boy in regards to delaying BOB SOW with your Pacific fighters project. I apologies for my odd comment, (if you even noticed) and see now that these delays (intended or otherwise) may have been for the best regarding SOW. Computers are just not strong enough now for Olegs vision of a cinematic SOW. No one does tighter code than the Maddox crew so its still possible. :)