PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions to Whoever know answers .

Tigerium
07-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Hello MoW community .

I have some questions about my online gaming ...

1. When it says "You have been kicked by the server" or something like that , is it really the server or it's the game room's owner that is kicking me ?

2. When my PING is high , is it a good or a bad thing ? Because I noticed that some people or the server were kicking me because I had "an awfully high PING ." My PING is around 150-190 .

Early thanks for you answers .

Tigerium .

CzaD
07-14-2011, 09:27 PM
1) It is the host who kicks you.

2) High ping is bad. It usually means that the game will be slow and laggy. Very few hosts kick for a ping less than 200. However, you might get kicked for a ping 300+.

You might also get kicked for: low number of games played and poor PC performance (measured by bars next to your ping).

Make sure you don't download anything or you don't use any Internet heavy application when playing. And also the lower the ping the closer you are to the host. If your ping is less then 40, the host might from the same country.

Tigerium
07-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Alright thanks for the infos .

Now I know that I got kicked for absolutely nothing :D ! Since my computer has good performances and my PING isn't 200+ .

Tigerium

SpeedWolf
07-16-2011, 04:39 PM
From my own experience of 7000 Multiplayer game. I only kick people that have less then 3 bars or a ping that is over 500, i never have any problem with players that have a ping of 300 or 400 unless the internet is not stable on their end this seem to happen with Russian players, aside that i only have lag or game slowdown when the player performance bars are less then 3.

Aside note: when hosting a game go to advanced setting and set the bandwidth for MoW to maximum and for MoW:AS to minimum, this will cut anybody with a ping of 400 to a ping of 150 or less,

This is a quote from me in another post that maybe relevant to this one"As far as i know the only way to get a better ping is a high speed internet connection But keep in mind if you're in the US and the other person is in the UK for example your ping will be 200 or 300 because that is the time is take for the signal to arrive from the other end and vice versa. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21330

Tigerium
07-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the infos to both of you :D