PDA

View Full Version : Way to avoid GEM crash with errors?

shadowhunter388
07-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi, I have been playing with MOW: AS's GEM editor and my question was. Is there a way to make it so GEM doesn't crash when a error happens. Like for example when I spawn something that has a error in it. Instead of pressing okay, have it ignore the command so as if you never spawned it so that way it won't crash to desktop. Because it is really getting annoying when I make a mission and I spawn a "BAD" vehicle and it crashes on me when I am making a scenario.

Tigerium
07-11-2011, 11:45 PM
It happens to me too but only for ONE object that sometimes I forget that it makes my GEM crash ... And when I'm advanced in my map and I didn't saved it get a bit on my nerves :P

pricky8
07-26-2011, 02:52 AM
How can those items be removed?

Also for me, I am making a map of an amphibious assault and the thing crashes frequently. Infact I ahve not managed to work more than 30 minutes on AS or MoW editor without a crash. Why is it so unstable? I am not a computer person I have had to watch a lot of tutorials to make the missions I have.

At this point so much time is wasted just opening and reopening the editor, map and mission that I give up till the make a more stable product or I find some guidance on how to fix the problem myself. I am of the habit of saving after every little change so i rarely lose anything, control+s is pressed every fourth key stroke probably. But the load up time, loss of continuity are very distressing.

ivanzu
08-01-2011, 10:26 PM
it can be a problem with your pc gem editor crashed a lot when i had only 1 gb of ram then when i upgraded to 4gb it crashes mostly because i do some crap in it.