PDA

View Full Version : How modable is Fantasy Wars?

Sammual
12-23-2007, 01:43 AM
How modable is Fantasy Wars?

The game looks great, can we add our own factions?

Sammual

Daystar
12-23-2007, 04:09 AM
I can do 3D CG (modeling) and some texturing, but I have no idea how to get it in or out of the game.

Ogre
12-24-2007, 12:55 AM
I've looked around and the 3D object files are in no format that I can determine. Many of the settings seem to be in the XML files and the pictures are in dds format so these can be edited but unless they release an editor and it has the abiliuty to import custom content you probably won't get far.

shinyhalo
12-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I'd love to be able to just edit the stats of units.
I'd like to make them closer to the scale of Lord of the Rings wars with one unit having 100 hitpoints(100 soldiers) while leaving the damage the same so units die slower

Daystar
12-26-2007, 02:12 AM
That would be EPIC!

asadexes
12-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Very moddable!
Look at my mod
http://files.filefront.com/Fantasy+Wars+Realism+Mod11rar/;8807186;/fileinfo.htmlù
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2052&page=2

Daystar
12-26-2007, 03:38 PM
What does the first one do?

I dont have Fantasy Wars yet (Its on order) otherwise I would check.

shinyhalo
12-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Maybe I installed this mod incorrectly, but I don't see any difference.
I found three files with the same name so I backed them up and replaced them with those from your mod.
I found one file called avatar something and just dumped it into:
C:\Program Files\Nobilis\Fantasy Wars\Data\GameData

It seems to just mod some graphics, but I can't tell what.

EDIT: replaced unitavatar.xml file in \Units folder with one from mod and now I see what it does. It makes the troops visually smaller relative to buildings so they look more realistic.

Beyond, that does anyone know how to edit the units?
I found an Excel file called UnitClasses.xls which seems to allow me to alter the defense bonuses/penalties of the various unit classes easily so that's a start.

One thing I'm considering is this: This game seems to "weigh" heaviest on the side of class vs class combat. In other words, if you use the right class against another, you can get great results. The downside of weighing class vs class so heavily is that the offensive side usually has the advantage since they decide first which unit goes against which. This contrasts greatly with my intuitive notion that Defenders should always have the advantage.
I would redress this by lowering the advantage/disadvantage of one unti class versus another AND slightly bumping up the defensive values of locations on the map. (the latter of which, I am now able to do)

Very moddable!
Look at my mod
http://files.filefront.com/Fantasy+Wars+Realism+Mod11rar/;8807186;/fileinfo.htmlù
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2052&page=2

asadexes
12-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Changed
unit speed
unit size
unit animation speed
camera improved zoom in, zoom out,angle
changed some stats ( i exactly don't remember)

the things you want to do are in the folder "objects" if i rememmber
is a very moddable game, like empire at wars is all in xml and you've joust to mod some lines to
have great results

shinyhalo
12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
My first experience with editing units didn't go so well.
I think I found the correct file: UnitTypes.csv

I edited the Peasant to have 20 hitpoints instead of 15 and Defense 8 instead of 5. No reason, just to see what would happen.
I got a pop up errors saying "bad figureNumber in formation:GetCoordsForFigureOut of range"
I closed the pop ups and the game loaded anyway.
Sure enough, the peasants had 20hp and 8 defense, but when I tried to move the peasants the game crashed.
I think it has something to do with the animations, so I changed the Options to "Always Big," but it still crashed when I tried to move the now large Peasant icon.

I wonder if it's possible to increase the value beyond 15 and how?

asadexes
12-26-2007, 11:31 PM
My first experience with editing units didn't go so well.
I think I found the correct file: UnitTypes.csv

I edited the Peasant to have 20 hitpoints instead of 15 and Defense 8 instead of 5. No reason, just to see what would happen.
I got a pop up errors saying "bad figureNumber in formation:GetCoordsForFigureOut of range"
I closed the pop ups and the game loaded anyway.
Sure enough, the peasants had 20hp and 8 defense, but when I tried to move the peasants the game crashed.
I think it has something to do with the animations, so I changed the Options to "Always Big," but it still crashed when I tried to move the now large Peasant icon.

I wonder if it's possible to increase the value beyond 15 and how?

probably you changed the number of units in the formation

shinyhalo
12-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that you can edit the hitpoints of Hero units and other units with ONLY a single creature animation like eagles,wyverns,ballista,etc. without crashing the game.

The bad news is that these types of units never take any permanent deaths. That is, any damage they take is just wounds that they can completely heal by resting. I may be wrong about the prior sentence though...I forget now if War Machines can ever take permanent deaths?
I don't like this because it's kind of cheesy to think you can just replace dead knights by resting.

The other bad news is that I don't know how to edit the game so that all units have ONLY a single creature animation so that editing their hitpoints doesn't crash the game. I suspect it's possible since units have both a Large and Small creature animation.

Daystar
12-28-2007, 01:37 AM
War Machines can die permenantly.