PDA

View Full Version : Mission Scripting?

SEE
07-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I have been looking at some of the missions in the 'Spitfires over Dunkirk' campaign to see how the author has enabled text information to be displayed on the screen as the mission progresses.

1. Does anyone know how this is done?

2. If scripting in C+, is it done in FMB using the Script window that is part of the Action Trigger menu (I cannot find any script commands in that window)?

The campaign also uses a lot of Action - Trigger commands to spawn groups but I always understood that the Action - and related Trigger should have identical names. In this campaign they are different and yet they work, it seems as though the Action and associated Trigger are referenced in an entirely different way.

I would like to use some of these features in my future missions but looking at the missions in FMB does not reveal how the author implemented them.

Ataros
07-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Please feel free to check out links in my sig for some basic info.

SEE
07-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks Ataros, looks like I have a fair bit of reading and research to do....:grin:

Ataros
07-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks Ataros, looks like I have a fair bit of reading and research to do....:grin:

I think the smallest guide to C# can be found here http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/quickcsharp.aspx

Then the best way to advance is to read mission scripts posted in this forum section.

I am not an expert in C#. Others may give much better advice.

SEE
07-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I followed your link and installed Visual Express so thanks for that too!

I have opened the mission cs files and can immediately see the coding that creates the messages displayed as the missions progresses. I can also see how the code accesses Triggers and creates actions within the script.

I have a lot to learn about the syntax but at least I have a starting point with examples to use to assist my learning and understanding as well as help from members such as yourself.

There are so many facets to CoD which make it an extremely interesting SIM despite the issues that everyone seems to think make it a poor product.

Many thanks!