PDA

View Full Version : Is using cheap troops + armageddon good combo?

babvieck
07-04-2011, 10:31 AM
it feels kinda lame i knOW but i have heard that with mage u could breeze throught fights using armageddon few times and then go buy new cheap units and go again... is that true?

Sir Whiskers
07-04-2011, 09:37 PM
it feels kinda lame i knOW but i have heard that with mage u could breeze throught fights using armageddon few times and then go buy new cheap units and go again... is that true?

Not exactly. You still have to survive the fight and if your entire army is a few weak troops, the Armageddon spell will wipe them out too. If, on the other hand, you have enough weak troops to survive the Armageddon spell, you'll spend a lot of time and mana resurrecting them afterwards.

What has worked for me is using one stack of strong units with good initiative, then:
(TL) (CW) - Glot's Armor + Armageddon, or
(TL) (AP) (CW) - Armageddon + (next turn) Time Back

I make the distinction about Glot's Armor, as it doesn't exist in AP, but is a spell in CW and a rage ability in TL. I've even been able to get off two Armageddon spells in one round, if the first one is from a scroll, and using a Mage with Higher Magic skill.

As a Paladin in AP and CW, you can also use one stack and not worry about Glot's Armor or Time Back. Just max out your paladin's resurrection skill, take a single stack into battle, and be sure at least one is still alive when the fight ends. The resurrection skill will give you all your troops back.

Either way, this can get boring. It was very cool the first few times, but then I got tired of it. After that, I tended to reserve the tactic for just the toughest battles, just to keep things more interesting.