PDA

View Full Version : Re-spawn

corsairoz
07-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Hi there

I am working on a very simple mission for a few of us (the chaps I fly with) to practice with.

I have built the mission and it works well. but how do I set it so that we can respawn once we have crashed?

for example, we practice circuits....someone messes it up and we have an upside down aircraft.

How does that pilot respawn into another waiting aircraft?

How do I set FMB to allow unlimited respawns of aircraft and to allow pilots to enter an aircraft of their choice?

I know I am probably missing something very basic here..

Thanks for any advice.

C

Ataros
07-04-2011, 08:16 AM
There is an FMB object called spawnplace (birthplace in some languages). Place it on top of desired airfields and edit available aircraft list in its properties.

corsairoz
07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
I am sorry, I must be slower than I thought....

I cannot find that object anywhere in any menu in the FMB. Could you possibly give a brief summary of the process to use it and how to find it?

Thanks

C

Ataros
07-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Open Object Browser. It should be in the same list where you can select objects like aircraft, tank, airfield, hangar, etc before placing it on a map iirc.

I recommend starting with editing others' missions. Open any dogfight mission that comes with the game and you will see these objects on top of active airfields and you can check their properties in Object Browser.

BGs_Ricky
07-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I had done a very simple mission two month ago, I had placed a spawnpoint each for red and blue with a selection of aircraft to choose from.

Coalitions were juste red (with England as country) and blue (with germany as country). Everything worked fine, once I chose an army I could spawn a plane.

Yesterday I wanted to create a mission fo training, with different bases on both side of the channel with spawnpoints and a selection of aircrafts.
I'm pretty sure I set the spawnpoints as I did with the previous mission.

Now I wanted to do a test flight, I created a server, loaded up the mission but when arriving at the screen with the map I can't choose an army, to the right of the map there's no flag that I can select to choose my side....I really don't know what I did wrong...I I choose "Fly" I spawn in outside view, centered on one of the AA gun I placed on the map.

Spawnpoints were attributed to blue or red, with "appear as static" and "parachute" options enabled...

Does someone has an idea of what could be wrong with my mission ?? :confused::confused:

Ataros
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Check if you set number of aircraft allowed to spawn to more than 0 in spawnpoint properties.

BGs_Ricky
07-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Check if you set number of aircraft allowed to spawn to more than 0 in spawnpoint properties.

Thanks Ataros, finally found out that I had a difficulty option checked which doesn't allow you to choose sides, of course there was no way it would work that way :rolleyes: ;)