PDA

View Full Version : I am wondering....

Bearcat
12-21-2007, 03:50 AM
In IL2 we had some fantastic user made utilities.. from Mat Managter to the UQMG, IL2 Manager & Stab, MM, Sturmolog and so much more.. I am wondering if
A)Some of those things will be incorporated into SoW from a functional perspective....
and if the are not then
B)Will it still be possible for someone to do stuff like that...

One of the things that always impressed me so with this sim was gthe fact that I think because it was un moddable for so long people took their creative talents in other directions... and we benifitted greatly from that. I remember in CFS1 there was a program called Brunhost.... it was sort of like a coop type of generator... but it didn't work very well at all... at least in 2001 when I was using it.. then again I was a flight sim noob so it could have been a short between the headset... back then RW was a challenge for me at first.. LMAO... if you had to respawn then your mission would restart from the beginning.... and you would get to the IP with a full compliment of AI bandits.. while your teammates who had never left the mission would be at the same spot that they were in... minus any kills they had made... but when I got to IL2 and saw Coops.... (I was stuck on DFs & QMs for @ 18 months....LOL..) I was floored and totally hooked.

BrassEm
12-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Stuff will come be sure. There are very many talented people out there, they just need to know what they have to work with. They take up the slack for deficiencies in the original game, and make it a whole lot better.