PDA

View Full Version : Ilyushin il 2 Sturmovik

JG52Uther
12-20-2007, 07:32 PM
The original title of this game,and still what most people refer to it as.
How many people still fly this great Russian ground attack aircraft online?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-2

Antoninus
12-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I fly it regularly offline. It's still great fun to wipe out convoys or hunt down some tanks in qmb.

Viking
12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Not online but off the Il2 is (almost) the only airplane I fly. To old and slow for the fighters, me, that is, not the Il2. I was a bit disappointed at first with the new sound but the in-cockpit sound is growing on me. Canon is great now!

Btw there are some terrible propagandistic accusations on the page you refer to, “Il-2 Rear gunners: a deliberate sacrifice?”, the claim off one defflector! Never herd or mentioned elsewhere afaik.Dont belive all what you read on Wikipedia!

RAF_Leigh
12-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I only fly it if theres something good to hit but i normaly fly the 51 or one of the spits

JG52Uther
12-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Well Wikipedia is not the best,but it was the first source I found,and it did get the conversation started! I just find it interesting that I never see so many il2's online,most servers do not seem to have them.

Viking
12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Get your manuals here
http://www.airwar.ru/other/bibl/il2rle.html

Bearcat
12-21-2007, 03:43 AM
I'm wondering how long it will take for the SoW series to go back to the Eastern front.

msalama
12-21-2007, 09:31 AM
How many people still fly this great Russian ground attack aircraft online?

\0/

But of course. Das Betonflugzeug still rawks me sawks, being THE headbanging machine supreme IMO!

Yah, I know Lemmy flies Blue, but I still associate the Sturmo w/ Motörhead in my mind :D

JG52Uther
12-21-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm wondering how long it will take for the SoW series to go back to the Eastern front.

I would guess not too long.After all,that is where Olegs heart is.
I would like SoW to go back first though,to the Battle of France (or even Poland) before he moves forward.Finnish winter war would also be good.There are a lot of choices for Oleg to think about,but ultimately it depends on what will sell I suppose.
As an example,and I don't want to get into the whole Grumman' thing, could Oleg ever really do the Pacific war as it should be?

Antoninus
12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Several statements indicate that Oleg will make a Mediterranean theater SOW sim after BOB and addons. So we will have to wait at least a few years until a second BOB successor is released. Luthiers SOW engine Korea sim with lot's of Russian planes will certainly arrive earlier.