PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns corrupt?

Querer
06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi all,

I have a very strange issue obviously nobody else has: in the campaign (both english and German ones), the planes aligned behind me on the runway do not take off. In the british campaign this is from mission 4 (intercept strange twin engine plane) onwards, in the german campaign already from mission two onwards. To be precise, the two planes in front of me take off, I follow and that's it. If I now turn on autopilot, the three of us make our turns above the homebase, forever waiting for the remaining planes to take off. I I fly on my own and follow the waypoints, I am the only one (with minor success in finishing the mission of course...). Strange enough that the AI planes still on the ground continue to announce "ready for takeoff" but they never do... Like this, the campaigns are basically unplayable very soon, this s****. Any help on this one?
What I already did: I emptied the /cache and the /shaders folder and tried to restart the campaigns, everything without any success, the problem persists... :-x

BTW: after cleaning the folders mentioned above, I suddenly had crashes of the launcher.exe (never had it before...) when starting up the game and also when loading a mission. In addition, after cleaning the folders, the buildings suddenly fade out quiet near and it takes longer to load the textures of any object (including own plane...) And, also important to some of you probably: the stutters are remarkably reduced if you set the building density to unlimited (compared to low :confused: ).

Querer
07-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I give the answer on my own: in a German forum we discussed about the same topic and I got several tipps there. The problem is, even if unexpected, the comms: as soon as I do ask for takeoff clearance, the remaining AI planes do takeoff as well. There we go, finally I can continue the campaigns properly :-)

adonys
07-01-2011, 01:32 PM
there are many mission/campaign problems related with the AI & comm interaction. hopefully, they'll all be solved as soon as the new comm/sound system gets out :(

I'd say fixing and finishing the comm system is the most important part needed right now for IL2 CoD.

335th_GRAthos
07-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I give the answer on my own: in a German forum we discussed about the same topic and I got several tipps there. The problem is, even if unexpected, the comms: as soon as I do ask for takeoff clearance, the remaining AI planes do takeoff as well. There we go, finally I can continue the campaigns properly :-)

Good to know, thanks for posting it! :)

~S~

badfinger
07-15-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm having a similar problem. The first two planes take off, and then the rest of us sit there...and sit there. When I get tired of waiting, I take off and, as soon as I make a turn, I get the cleared for take off call.

Is saying you are ready for takeoff covered in the radio/comm section of options? I'm at work, and can't look at it, now.

binky9

badfinger
07-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Well, I came home and still can't figure out how to let the tower know I am ready for take off.

Anyone else know?

binky9

Querer
07-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey binky9, you open the comms with "tab", then you select "0" and then "5" for takeoff clearance