PDA

View Full Version : ouch!!

Tyro
06-27-2011, 11:28 PM
I am having a tough time dealing with the ai I am deploying greyhounds and the ai is deploying Stug medium tanks, so guess how that turns out!

I deploy anti tank infantry and they look at the enemy tank and nothing happens, so I order them to fire and they run out of cover and go ape**** like their going to beat them to death with their bazooka!

I definitely need some strategy help!

I use infantry to try to screen my armor from enemy AT and I still get blown up and I am never sure where it's coming from.

SpeedWolf
06-28-2011, 04:34 AM
He maybe able to help you, http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGuy84

Tyro
06-30-2011, 04:01 PM
did not find anything in the videos that explained why anti tank infantry decided to commit suicide instead of firing their weapon, is there something I am missing?

Is there a command I need to issue besides putting the firing reticule on the tank and right clicking?

What is the range of anti tank infantry, and how can I find out what that is?

As I was watching the video I noticed he had a list of the squad on the left side of the screen as he was sorting them out, how do you bring this up? so far all I have is the one on the bottom right, and can look at them one at a time, but not as a whole unit.

WarWarWar
07-01-2011, 05:58 AM
The land not flat. There is a ramp or wall. The AT will hit the land if they shoot, that's why the did not fire.

bananbjarne
07-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Hello Tyro. Movement of troops is a bit underdeveloped in the game Men of war. It seems that there is to few animations - movement options, compared to current hardware and software possibilities, compared to the complexity of other features/stuff in the game, and what developers try to achieve with the game.

There are to few options to place infantry in useful positions/angles, and gives us players a relatively high workload compare to other games of similar type. You are the one that have to move the units around.
With the squad system, and the limit on movement options, this game is less available to the masses. It is a major downside with the gamedesign, that probably will demand a lot of work to improve, I might add.

There is a distance to go for the developers regarding units finding their way on map, and way to targets by that. That is pathfinding issues. Pathfinding issues may have something to do with the lack of options/places on map, where units can be displayed and act, too.

The improvement of flow; smarter and more realistic movement and positioning options, should be the developers main goal for design in future releases. The game will be a lot better. The troops, in peticular, will move smarter without any improvement to AI exclusively. Both player controlled, and cpu controlled troops and vehicles.

Less stiff patterns of movement will improve the tactical depth, and maybe more people will like it and buy it too for that reason !