PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from the Special Aircraft Service

SAS~Anto
06-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Hey guys,

I'm popping my head in to say 'Hi' to the 1C forum. Recently I heard they have lifted the ban here on discussing mods and thought it would be a good opportunity for the modding community to make itself welcome and known to the official forums.

My name is SAS~Anto and am a part owner of the Special Aircraft Service. SAS is a large forum dedicated to Il-2 modding, currently consisting of 11000 members. We work in close collaboration with the Ultrapack community and provide support primarily for mods using the 4.101m patch by TD (with some legacy support to 4.09m). The two major projects going on at SAS at the moment include the 'DarkBlueWorld' (DBW) offline package for Ultrapack 3 and the 1956 Jet Era project. DBW is essentially UP3 with moving dogfight server disabled and is designed with offline campaigners in mind. We are aiming to update it regularly with content from SAS. The 1956 project aims to bring the Cold War and beyond into Il-2. So far we have successfully modelled transonic and supersonic flight dynamics, as well as implementing heat seeking and beam guided missiles, including numerous failure and distraction modes. In addition, there are numerous ongoing projects at SAS from aircraft to maps, single missions to campaigns. There is something for everyone :)

In the past, there has been numerous unneeded tension between modders and select members of the community. I personally see such tension as a waste of time and only serving to fracture the Il-2 fanbase. So I hope my post here is received in goodwill, as SAS has experienced amongst other communities. Again, thanks to the moderators here for opening up modding discussion. In such a small online community, it is essentially that we all are mutual friends and working for the greater good, not against it.

So please feel free to visit us any time:
www.sas1946.com

Kind regards,

SAS~Anto
Site Admin

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
06-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Welcome here! ;)

SAS~Anto
06-27-2011, 02:53 AM
Cheers Caspar :)

nearmiss
06-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Welcome

More cooperation in community will only work for good of all persons that enjoy our genre of flight sim.

bf-110
06-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi!

IL2 above all!(Till SoW takes its place)

aquila26
09-17-2011, 11:18 AM
è veramente difficile registrarsi
ho provato gia veramente molte volte
prego aiuto

aquila26
09-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome here! ;)
molti complimenti per il vostro lavoro e la vostra dedizione
mi piacerebbe volare con aerei tipo
swordfish avenger kate ju 52 e c47 no mods sarebbe possibile?
Non capisco come usare mods ho timore di rovinare il mio gioco IL2 1946 che gira benissino anche grazie alle vostre patches
Grazie di un vostro eventuale aiuto

aquila26
10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,

I'm popping my head in to say 'Hi' to the 1C forum. Recently I heard they have lifted the ban here on discussing mods and thought it would be a good opportunity for the modding community to make itself welcome and known to the official forums.

My name is SAS~Anto and am a part owner of the Special Aircraft Service. SAS is a large forum dedicated to Il-2 modding, currently consisting of 11000 members. We work in close collaboration with the Ultrapack community and provide support primarily for mods using the 4.101m patch by TD (with some legacy support to 4.09m). The two major projects going on at SAS at the moment include the 'DarkBlueWorld' (DBW) offline package for Ultrapack 3 and the 1956 Jet Era project. DBW is essentially UP3 with moving dogfight server disabled and is designed with offline campaigners in mind. We are aiming to update it regularly with content from SAS. The 1956 project aims to bring the Cold War and beyond into Il-2. So far we have successfully modelled transonic and supersonic flight dynamics, as well as implementing heat seeking and beam guided missiles, including numerous failure and distraction modes. In addition, there are numerous ongoing projects at SAS from aircraft to maps, single missions to campaigns. There is something for everyone :)

In the past, there has been numerous unneeded tension between modders and select members of the community. I personally see such tension as a waste of time and only serving to fracture the Il-2 fanbase. So I hope my post here is received in goodwill, as SAS has experienced amongst other communities. Again, thanks to the moderators here for opening up modding discussion. In such a small online community, it is essentially that we all are mutual friends and working for the greater good, not against it.

So please feel free to visit us any time:
www.sas1946.com

Kind regards,

SAS~Anto
Site Admin
i have tried many time to register in your site but it is quite impossible

DarC
10-06-2011, 06:04 PM
just try a little bit more :)

aquila26
11-01-2011, 10:12 AM
CI STO PROVANDO MAè MOLTO DIFFICILE
grazie per incoraggiamento

Asheshouse
11-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Some work in progress over at SAS.
HMS Eagle - CV (image courtesy of cgagan)

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=16488.0;attach=292 1;image (http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=16488.0;attach=292 1;image)

Asheshouse
12-17-2011, 01:41 PM
USS Lexington CV2 - 1942 - Battle of Coral Sea

http://www.milartgl.com/images_2_b/b_ship.jpghttp://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/Asheshouse/MariiChernev_Lexington.jpg
Lexington at the Battle of Coral Sea - by Marii Chernev

The stock model of Lexington shows the ship as it appeared prior to March 1942. At this time both Lexington and her sister ship Saratoga had their 8in gun turrets removed and were re-fitted with heavier AA armament. This mod of Lexington shows her as she appeared at the Battle of Coral Sea, and includes armament changes, addition of new gun galleries and blast screens and removal of some of the ships boats which were replaced with life rafts.

Read more and download here: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20321.msg219340.html#msg219340