PDA

View Full Version : Request for details on the diff armament options

Vengeanze
06-25-2011, 04:21 PM
The loadout option is a mystery for me but guess my killrate could benefit from me choosing the correct ammunition for missions.

But what is what and is a mix best and or what how why?

Anyone that can direct me to or can give details on the different ammunition types and what they're good for?

Thank you!

Blackdog_kt
06-25-2011, 06:17 PM
First, navigate to: steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\manual

Open the .PDF file containing the manual in your language of choice (there are 6 .PDF manuals, each in a different language) and look for the following sections. The page numbers are for the English manual, not sure if they are the same for the others.

Loadout - weapon sets (page 54): explains how the weapon trays are loaded/removed in the simulator (you can fly an unarmed aircraft if you like, or remove some guns to save weight, etc).
Loadout - guns (page 56): Explains how to load customized ammunition belts
Common ammunition types (page 58 ): Explains the different ammunition types.

Vengeanze
06-25-2011, 06:59 PM
First, navigate to: steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\manual

Open the .PDF file containing the manual in your language of choice (there are 6 .PDF manuals, each in a different language) and look for the following sections. The page numbers are for the English manual, not sure if they are the same for the others.

Loadout - weapon sets (page 54): explains how the weapon trays are loaded/removed in the simulator (you can fly an unarmed aircraft if you like, or remove some guns to save weight, etc).
Loadout - guns (page 56): Explains how to load customized ammunition belts
Common ammunition types (page 58 ): Explains the different ammunition types.

I'll be damned. Sorry, by default I thought the manual didn't mention anything about that.
Thank you!

Blackdog_kt
06-25-2011, 09:24 PM
No worries, i'm just promoting a "read the manual" mentality lately. :-P

It's inadequate in terms of telling us how to properly fly each aircraft but it does cover every bit of the interface and available options quite well.