PDA

View Full Version : Cows

Troll2k
06-25-2011, 01:45 AM
How do you get the base AAA to stop shooting the cows?

machoo
06-28-2011, 08:27 AM
How do you get the base AAA to stop shooting the cows?

You need to make them German or English cows. Depending on the location.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Hehe....yeah that's right,and that also goes for any of the objects you plot in FMB,my bofors guns on my airfield took exception to six Nazi fire extinguishers the other day.

adonys
06-28-2011, 08:38 AM
I think they can also be made neutral in order to not have the flak firing at them.

Stealth_Eagle
06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
I think they can also be made neutral in order to not have the flak firing at them.

If I remember properly, that didn't work in IL-2 1946 and they were all classified as hostile but it may work in this game.

Troll2k
06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately I did not see anyway to assign a side(color).

The only option under the animals category was a tab called AI actor.There I could choose a script.I chose airport.cpp.

By they way,the way they move reminds me of the very old game Electric Football.Whey the players moved by just vibrating around the playfield.They do not move their legs.They just slide along as if their feet were magnetic and a magnet under the ground was moving below them.The same for the sheep.The gulls seem to actually fly.

335th_GRAthos
06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
The gulls seem to actually fly.

Oh no, what did you do!!!!!...
the first thread on the historic flying data characteristics of the gulls of '39 compared to the ones of the sim is probably being typed as we speak :(

;-)

Skoshi Tiger
07-04-2011, 04:43 AM
I don't want to hijack the thread or anything but it is slightly related.

During WWII Dad was in the 2nd/16 Battalion AIF.

After coming back from New Guinea he came back home to Western Australia for a short while. While he was here, he was asked to take a few jeeps and trucks up to the NW of the state to talk to the locals about organizing a resistance movement if the Japanese Invaded the area.

To drum up interest they'd demonstrate some of their weapons. Mainly TMG's and light mortars. At one stage they asked a particularly skeptical member of the audience to choose a target. The guy pick out a mob of kangaroos a couple of hundred yards away.

When they fired their fist ranging shot by fluke (dad was quiet honest about their skills and accuracy being fairly low with the mortar and they expected the roo's to disappear after the first round) the round landed in the middle of the mob and killed the lot.

The locals were very impressed with how good the AIF were!

Of course they didn't disagree!

Cheers!