PDA

View Full Version : Activation issues

IvyisLost
06-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi, i bought the game, and installed it played it downloaded the patches, and now it asks for an activation.

It asks for a serial number but the only thing i find is something that says P/n:etc 6 numbers, i use it it says its incorrect....@.@ its the only thing i see that could be it, but then again its just numbers, so am i looking at the wrong thing, the game can expansion came as one, and there was no books just a sliding jacket the game goes into.

totally lost and confused at this point T-T

Ze-Jamz
06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I-is-Lost too .. < you see what i done there? :)

Seriously though, where did you buy the game?, my Serial was on a separate piece of paper inside the CD case..

and you say you've downloaded the patches..i.e through Steam but if it wasnt registered surely you wouldnt be able to do that..

Maybe you should uninstall through Steam then re-download it and see if that helps

IvyisLost
06-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Walmart lol to be honest >.< the gates of hell -sighs- its a dvd case, the only thing i see is a P/N;****** and that numbers wrong >.< so the activation says O.o;

lol and yeah, ^ ^ gotta love my name no, its honest though im very lost XD

Strikh
07-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Same here. Bought it at Walmart. Fancy cardboard box, but inside is a plain black cd case. Only thing inside that is the disk. No paper, no activation code...

A little more info:

It is a single disk that contains King's Bounty: Armored Princess and the King's Bounty: Crossworlds expansion.

Looks like WallyWorld is selling incomplete copies. :(

OK, I've read through more threads here, and I see that one person had issues AFTER installing the patch...

So, I've uninstalled the game, and am in the process of re-installing it. I guess I'll try starting an unpatched game, then try applying the patch afterwards.

Really frustrating spending half a day trying to get a game to work, though, with no real hope of success.
:angry emoticon here:

Ayep. Game ran "fine" at first. I saved it, then installed the patch I got from the "Official Site" --- Crossworlds_1.0.0.1.exe

I tried restarting the game, and got the garbage about entering activation codes that I never received.

Should I bother uninstalling (again) and re-installing (again) and forgo the patch?

Is my game just going to inevitably crash? I'll be PO'd if so...