PDA

View Full Version : Mission Mate v3.5 Released

CrazySchmidt
12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Hi guys, Mission Mate v3.5 is now available from M4T. As promised this update implements the use of mission template files as a background to all the usual Mission Mate quick mission action.

Full details of use are in the help file.

Mission Mate v3.5 download (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=8)

I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)

jasonbirder
12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Nice one!
An essential utility this :)

fabianfred
12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
I have problems loading a mission in to edit....

some it will not load and say it cannot load..

or some it will load..then when i try to edit settings...it says 'runtime error...text file is read only'...(which when i check it's properties ..it isn't)...and the program quits

CrazySchmidt
12-19-2007, 09:36 AM
I have problems loading a mission in to edit....

some it will not load and say it cannot load..

or some it will load..then when i try to edit settings...it says 'runtime error...text file is read only'...(which when i check it's properties ..it isn't)...and the program quits

If you are loading mission files created by a source other than Mission Mate, it is possible that you may have error messages because the Mission Mate editor does not cover all mission scenarios, it has been designed primarily as an editor for Mission Mate quick missions and simple FMB generated missions.

The error message "text file is read only" is not a Mission Mate error message and points more to something not being quite right between your system and Mission Mate's intended operation.

I would like to be of more help, but these type of error messages do not offer much indication as to the source of the problem.

Regards,
CrazySchmidt. :)

fabianfred
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes Schmidt....thank you for correcting me..... I know your utility is mainly aimed at those not wanting to get involved with the full FMB...and especially for those who like the Quick Mission Builder..

I must admit that I am very familiar with the FMB...... but sometimes we would like to make quick changes without going into that...
I use the QMT utility a lot...and it can make many changes ...except altering the position of waypoints upon a map....as it doesn't have a map interface

I was hoping to use your tool for that purpose....especially the new tool you mentioned which could strip a mission of its aircraft and leave all the rest.....sounds very useful.....

...anyway ...I will just have to carry on the hard way...lol

Excellent utility for those whom it can help though

Bearcat
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
IMO MM is everything the QMB should have been.... Great stuff CS!!

jamesdietz
12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Many many thanks for this very fun update...installed easily & worked like a charm...in the ine edirt mission I've tried so far,except, in trying to modify an old He-162 mission that came packed in original update I was not able to use the 162D late/imaginary varient...I could use the 162C & it worked just fine ...what gives

CrazySchmidt
12-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Many many thanks for this very fun update...installed easily & worked like a charm...in the ine edirt mission I've tried so far,except, in trying to modify an old He-162 mission that came packed in original update I was not able to use the 162D late/imaginary varient...I could use the 162C & it worked just fine ...what gives

I dunno.. i just wrote the thing and I was guessing as I went!

CS. :)

HFC_Dolphin
12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Once again thanks for this wonderful utility!

BTW, do we have to uninstall previous version to install this one, or it just overwrites it?