12-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Still no word on the Big awaited for 4.09m PaTcH

Billfish
12-15-2007, 01:05 AM
4.09 Patch......................Worrrrd.....

there ya go hon ;)

choctaw111
12-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Do you mean to tell me that you have mastered everything in Il2, are bored and are eagerly awaiting some new material to get your hands on?

GF_Mastiff
12-15-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm boared and not able to master said game, I die way too much. LOL

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/whforbesii/icon_salut.gif

1.JaVA_Platypus
12-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Now with all the rambling about the 'final' 4.09 patch, I would like to see some genuine official comfirmation of this patch being in the works. There was never any official statement that such a patch was being worked on!!! So it is fair to say that probably no such patch is coming?

Zorin
12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
After recent statements given, BoB is most likely to hit the stores Xmas 08 and therefor I wouldn't expect the patch prior to Spring 08. Why? Because 1C wants to keep us hanging on and there is nothing harder than lurking someone back in for a new game, so they will try to "stay in touch" with the community as long as possible to have a smooth transition to SoW series and in particular BoB. So there is no rush for them to set the final nail to IL2's coffin(4.09) right now.

HFC_Dolphin
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't end the game with a 4.09 patch, but rather with 5.0.

PBNA-Boosher
12-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Mastiff, try this in the QMB - You're in a P.11c against 16 Go-229's. Shoot them down and make it home alive. Once you've done that you're ready for 4.09. Until then don't bother Oleg, he's working!

DerAlte
12-16-2007, 12:03 AM
A phrase comes to mind................ Vaporware.

DerAlte

Qwerty
12-16-2007, 12:12 AM
No, we are just waiting for the Slovakian map to be finished and the 300 new objects to be successfully integrated into the game. The team had a few problems when the map wouldn't load properly - it's very complex and had to be revised. One of the Slovak guys said it could take until January - but, admittedly, that was a few weeks ago.

Haigotron
12-16-2007, 01:24 AM
I belive its gonna come out for XMAS!! :D

It's an xmas gift from oleg, trust me, lest I change my name to Hansworth Glasscock

Daimler
12-16-2007, 02:12 AM
I change my name to Hansworth Glasscock

lol . . . . . We"ll remember it

brando
12-16-2007, 11:55 AM
After recent statements given, BoB is most likely to hit the stores Xmas 08 and therefor I wouldn't expect the patch prior to Spring 08. Why? Because 1C wants to keep us hanging on and there is nothing harder than lurking someone back in for a new game, so they will try to "stay in touch" with the community as long as possible to have a smooth transition to SoW series and in particular BoB. So there is no rush for them to set the final nail to IL2's coffin(4.09) right now.

That's all a bit paranoid isn't it? A bit of a marketing conspiracy-theory? It's worth remembering the history of the series and the plethora of free patches that has supported the game's development across the years, helping to turn this sim into a competition-blowing work of art.
(It may not be be enough for the "it's never enough" crowd, but it seems pretty comprehensive to me)

I don't think the release is being purposely held up for marketing reasons. When SoW-BoB goes gold there'll be a rush to buy it, period.
The 4.09 patch will arrive when it's ready and tested thoroughly. There may also be a few issues related to the hacks, like for new purchasers of the DVD who've been suckered into the modding thing, and any failures for the patch to load properly as a result.

B

GF_Mastiff
12-18-2007, 04:51 AM
I belive its gonna come out for XMAS!! :D

It's an xmas gift from oleg, trust me, lest I change my name to Hansworth Glasscock

I'll remember you said that, and await your name change.

WWTaco
12-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Any Day Now!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3re_xqu4ycQ)

Click the link above and use the following lyrics

Any day now I will hear you say ‘4.09 is done’
And it’ll be on the way
Then my wild beautiful bird, you will get flown, woah
Any day now, 4.08m left all alone, whoa-oa-oa-oa-oa

Any day now, when your restless eyes see Slovokia
Oh, to my glad surprise
Then the blue Folke Wolfs will fall all over town, woah
Any day now (any day now)
Oleg will not let me down (any day now), whoa-oa-oa-oa-oa

I know I shouldn't want a patch
If 1C don't want us to stay-ay
Until you're gone forever
I'll keep holdin' on to Il2 for dear life
Holding on this way
Begging you for the patch today

Any day now, when the clock strikes 'Go?
"Patch here today"
And then my tears will not flow
Then my wild beautiful bird, you will get flown, woah
Oleg will not let me down (any day now), 'cause 4.09 will be around

Then the blue Folke Wolfs will fall all over town, woah
Oleg will not let me down (any day now), 'cause 4.09 will be around

Any day now, 4.08m won't be around
Ooo-ooo-oo
(Any day now)
No no no no no no
4.08m won't be around
(Any day now)

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PILOTS HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS...

:p