PDA

View Full Version : A Farewell to dragons

blacktick
12-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Well,seems it's quiet in here,so let's make some noise.:)

I read this "old" interview:

http://www.crpg.ru/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2079

And it got me very interested..."The party feature is essential to the story. There will be no faceless "henchmen" - every party member is a unique personality. Inter-NPC relations comply with the novel plot: some characters join up with Victor due to story circumstances (Telle, for instance), while others you can pick on your own. There will be conflicts, but no bloodshed. Romances - possibly. Currently, we're deciding whether or not to include party member-specific quests that would allow you to explore their personalities deeper. You can have as much as 6 party members, however there is a way to get... extra support, so to speak. How exactly, can't say yet: strictly classified :)"

Always loved the aspect of having companions who you can talk,get quests and possibly have romance.
Too many games these days have the same old boring lone wolf or that the henchmen are just shallow personalities who tag along.

So is there ANY possibility for an english release? I would love to get my hands on the game. and if there is...WHEN???(and don't say soon):D
There is always demand for good rpg's in Europe as the witcher has shown.

Screenshots:

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/not_the_time_for_dragons

Evgeny
12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes, we're going to release this game in Europe, but now I can't tell you any details. I'll inform you about the news concerning this game.

blacktick
12-12-2007, 02:56 PM
YAY...great news. :)

Thanks.

Anatoly
12-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I think we might bring some good news to European gamers in the next couple of days. We'll post all the news on our web site. Stay tuned.

Daystar
12-12-2007, 08:00 PM
What about a US release?

The game looks good!

Anatoly
12-13-2007, 05:53 AM
What about a US release?

The game looks good!

We are currently negotiating with distributors about releasing this one in North America as well. Anyway it should be available for digital download at our online store.

Kolorabi
12-13-2007, 09:14 AM
I think we might bring some good news to European gamers in the next couple of days. We'll post all the news on our web site. Stay tuned.

I assume you mean the 505 Games-deal? That is good news, it is nice to get more stability, so we don't have to wonder about if each individual title is going to get (western) European distribution. They're not a big company, afaik, but I think they did a pretty decent job on Armed Assault.

Since 1C has one of the most interesting line-ups for 2008, I am very happy about this. Somehow your line-up fits very well with my gaming tastes, and I am looking forward to being able to buy your upcoming games without having to import from other parts of the world (I prefer boxed copies). :)

Anatoly
12-13-2007, 09:41 AM
I assume you mean the 505 Games-deal? That is good news, it is nice to get more stability, so we don't have to wonder about if each individual title is going to get (western) European distribution. They're not a big company, afaik, but I think they did a pretty decent job on Armed Assault.

Since 1C has one of the most interesting line-ups for 2008, I am very happy about this. Somehow your line-up fits very well with my gaming tastes, and I am looking forward to being able to buy your upcoming games without having to import from other parts of the world (I prefer boxed copies). :)

Exactly. I'm talking about the 505 deal we announced today. It will be easier for gamers in Europe now to get our titles since all of them will be released through only one company and I assume approximately at the same time in ALL the countries 505 covers. Not like before when a game was published in France for example and not released in Germany. And now we are also talking about the full line-up and not single games.
505 guys will come back with more details on particular games pretty soon.

Gokyabgu
01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Is there a development about the english version of the game? Or, all hope is lost for it? :(

Gokyabgu
01-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Nearly 10 days, and no answer. I think no hope for the english version of Not Time For Dragons. What a shame, looks like a decent RPG though.

Nike-it
01-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Nearly 10 days, and no answer. I think no hope for the english version of Not Time For Dragons. What a shame, looks like a decent RPG though.

The game is planed for this year, unfortunately I don't have more concrete information.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
01-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Is this a action rpg game something like space siege or is it more like king bounty? Does it have a lot of action??

Nike-it
01-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Is this a action rpg game something like space siege or is it more like king bounty? Does it have a lot of action??

This game is more action-RPG, like Dungeon Siege.

Gokyabgu
01-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Thahx for the answer. :grin: I'm looking forward for it.

I think this game is based on a story made by some famous Russian fantasy writer that already made Hard To Be A God (Sorry i can not remember his name). I played the HTBaG ve enjoyed much too. HTBaG has a really interesting and innovative story, but i think it is English translation is a bit worse (according to people who played both versions).

Would you give me some knowledge about the story behind Not The Time For Dragons? I hope its translation will be more professional than HTBaG.

Gokyabgu
06-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Any news?

Nike-it
06-01-2009, 01:59 PM
The apporiximate release date is Autumn 2009.

Gokyabgu
06-26-2009, 10:28 AM
I am waiting eagerly to play it. Thanks. I hope it will not abandoned like Goldenland and such.

Gokyabgu
08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Neary three months have passed since the last answer. Do you have fresh news about the english version? Did 1C Games show the game in gamescom?

blacktick
08-26-2009, 01:50 PM
I'd like to know too.
Site says Q3...can we expect it to come out in september?

Gokyabgu
08-31-2009, 01:26 PM
I'd like to know too.
Site says Q3...can we expect it to come out in september?

I think there are only two of us who will buy the game in europe, if they will ever release it. :) I think they've abandoned the english version.

blacktick
08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Lol...I doubt it. :D
It's just takes them a lot of time to get the english version out,like seen with other games(EVEN 2 years ffs). And even then,the translation is so so,but I don't care since if it's a good game I'll buy it. :)

A little confirmation would be great though,since we ARE customers willing to pay for a product 1C will rls(someday,maybe). ;)

Nike-it
09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
The game is expected to be released in October.

Gokyabgu
10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Only four days are left for the game to be released. I'm wating eagerly.
By the way, someone change the topic name from Not The Time For Dragons to A Farewell To Dragons. :grin:

Divebomb
10-27-2009, 07:35 AM
now available for pre-order http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AFTD/a-farewell-to-dragons

Gokyabgu
10-27-2009, 10:53 AM
According to the gamersgate A Farewell To Dragons is a DRM-free game. I think I'm going to buy it from this site because of it. :grin: I really hate DRM. Because, I have two computers in my house. One for gaming, and one for internet (notebook). So, I don't like a game wants to connect to the internet to authorize itself. It's quite a pain to carry the PC case to my living room, and connect it to internet, then carry it back. I bought lots of RPGs from gog bec of this DRM-free method.

I have two questions to you:
Is an internet connection still required to play the game on my gaming PC? And can I use this service from europe, or service is limited to a region?

Divebomb
10-27-2009, 11:16 AM
According to the gamersgate A Farewell To Dragons is a DRM-free game. I think I'm going to buy it from this site because of it. :grin: I really hate DRM. Because, I have two computers in my house. One for gaming, and one for internet (notebook). So, I don't like a game wants to connect to the internet to authorize itself. It's quite a pain to carry the PC case to my living room, and connect it to internet, then carry it back. I bought lots of RPGs from gog bec of this DRM-free method.

I have two questions to you:
Is an internet connection still required to play the game on my gaming PC? And can I use this service from europe, or service is limited to a region?
I have to add though, for the games that do have drm, even the limited activation ones, gamersgate will always give you more activations for these. You're never running out of anything on there. Only thing is won't be able to play one copy of the same game on two computers at the same time.

Also, I believe you actually do have to be connected online to install games at all, even if you pre-download on the internet computer then copy the temporary files over to the other computer. There is a tiny gamersgate installer wrapper program that needs your gamersgate username/password information. The DRM info on the game pages is referring specifically to the game itself. This is only for the installation process though, there is no gamersgate client or program attached to the game itself-- so once installed you can go completely offline with it.

Edit: Just saw your added questions now. Gamersgate is based in Sweden, so it's very Europe friendly. Although there are some regional differences on some games-- mostly for UK and Germany.

blacktick
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I get best speeds from GG and I also consider it the best place to get games. :D

This was instant buy for me,thanks for the heads up. :)
Now to keep an eye out for Star Wolves 3.

Divebomb
10-30-2009, 08:00 PM
only played through the tutorial stuff and done some random fights while getting familiar with the interface.. then got to the inn. so hardly done anything so far. but really nice. I like how far out you can zoom the camera.

anyone else playing?

Alusair
11-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Really good game.

However there are a number of bugs that desperately need a patch.

1. Several pathing issues exist which see a character(s) get stuck inside of a river, mountain, tree etc. Currently only solution is to restart the game at an earlier save point.

2. Talking to any clan NPC's whilst wearing the appropriate manipulator necklace causes the game to crash and close. Only solution is to not use the necklaces, which were undoubtedly intended to be used.

3. Creatures, mostly summoned ones, have a tendancy to just stop mid battle and stand there, even when killed their graphic remains as a standing character. While this does make fights easier, it is also throwing the balance of the game out and makes it more difficult to know who you've killed and who you haven't in a big battle.

4. Once adjusting the slider to show tags at all times, it no longer adjusts to any lower setting. I had wanted to see if I liked all tags on but after seeing how they can obscure things behind them in battle I wanted to change it to highlight enemies only (the default setting) however everything is still highlighted. Changing it to highlight nothing had no affect either.

Still enjoying the game but it would be so much more fun with these issues resolved.

Is there any plans for a patch? One under way?

thanks for all your hard work in making a game in a style that far too many have given up on.

Divebomb
11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
1. is characters actually getting stuck in scenery stuff? woah, haven't had that.

really love the differences in this over usual fantasy settings/worlds. the story and dialogues is like reading fantasy books like wheel of time or something. really hokey or whatever but I love it, a lot of character relation stuff in there also, and the hehe the more in depth descriptions of characters inside the text. not too far in yet and haven't really done any interesting quests yet, but I enjoy the dialogues and story so far.

could you give a brief rundown of what you've done in the game alusair? any interesting or unusual quests?

persoiranian
11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
very good game. please add this game and planet alcatraz to Sub-Forums of the 1c games section juts like star wolves and 7,62. and devs please continue and make an sequel/prequel (or whatever...!!) for this game.
and a question: at the beginning of the game i didn't kill the bandit and let him go. is it important or not? i mean what if i have him killed? i know i can replay the game and i will ,but i just wanted to know that!!!
really like this game but i have to explore more and i'm going to do it now!

persoiranian
11-11-2009, 07:22 PM
i helped poor man to take back his axe and made my way to the inn...i decided not to engage with the skeletons and ignored them for now....whoohoo nice game

Divebomb
11-11-2009, 10:51 PM
at the beginning of the game i didn't kill the bandit and let him go. is it important or not? i mean what if i have him killed?
I did the same, I didn't kill him. so I could tell you what happens if you don't kill him.. but I won't because it doesn't take that long in the game for you to find out what happens. no idea what happens if you kill him though.

persoiranian
11-12-2009, 08:28 PM
i had no much time to play last day but now telle is lost..i'm going to see if this is related to that guy....if it is...i WILL kill him this time.

persoiranian
11-13-2009, 10:33 AM
very good game. please add this game and planet alcatraz to Sub-Forums of the 1c games section juts like star wolves and 7,62.

GREAT.thanks for your attention:grin:

persoiranian
11-13-2009, 10:43 AM
guys..from now please ask your questions or write things you want,in separate topics if necessary,we have our own forum now!!

dagoo7
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Was wondering what difficulty (i.e., normal or hard) is recommended?

I am a long-time rpger with siginficant experience with tactical rpgs like baldur's gate. Am currentlly playing Dragon Age on hard (with only one mage for healing only btw), so I prefer a challenge.

However, have been burned before with games and spent many hours only to find that progress was halted by difficulty level combined with wonky game balancing. So was hoping someone could speak to the differences between hard and normal and this game and to what degree each are viable or challenging.

Edit: Saw the new sub-forum so posted there, sorry for the double post

Grimmjow
01-02-2010, 12:25 PM
hey does anyone know how to run this game in windowed mode?
n wheres the save file?
i tried -w n all d stuffs like dat
plz help

Gniarf
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
in your A Farewell to Dragon\profiles\[profile_name]\nvdd.ini, edit the line
setf ~r_fullscreen 1

stubbie
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
n wheres the save file?

My windoze XP Steam version saves the file in:
D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\a farewell to dragons\profiles\*your game name*