PDA

View Full Version : The last warning!

Evgeny
12-12-2007, 06:21 AM
The last warning, guys. If someone continues promoting hacking, insulting each other, using obscene language or post extremely off-topic threads, the punishment will come immediately. I think no one wants to be banned. Such measures are entirely for your own good. This forum isn't going to turn into a zoo, this forum was created for honorable people, who respect themselves and each other. I think all of you are such people. So prove it and the only result will be happiness and good warm atmosphere on the forum.

Old_Canuck
12-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Well said, Evgeny. Now, of course, you'll have to back up your words after the "offenders" attempt to test your limits. I left the zoo some time ago to get away from all those animal noises. :)

crazyivan1970
12-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Great! :D

SlipBall
12-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Nip it in the bud

GOZR
12-12-2007, 08:22 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/rik77/h3.jpg

carguy_
12-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Evgeny, you might want to ban a few people rightaway.

JG52Uther
12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Absolutely.People who swear,abuse other members,lie should all be warned or banned.

robtek
12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Great Evgeny, that´s needed quite a while in this Forum.
Especially where the Emotions are running high and the language in the reply´s escalate toward unwanted heights.

robtek

BSS_Sniper
12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Finally!

kristorf
12-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Superb, in my opinion this should have happened a long time back, preventing a 'Zoo' style slagging match

Bobby109
12-12-2007, 08:15 PM

Dang GOZR that is nice!! is that BOB?

got more pics?

1.JaVA_Sharp
12-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Dang GOZR that is nice!! is that BOB?

got more pics?

that's one of those new maps for 4.09. Don't know which one though.

GOZR
12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
No this is actually a new map Slovakia coming for il2 i think in the new patch, probably the best map made ..

MaXMhZ
12-12-2007, 08:56 PM
It seems we're all in favour. - Well said Evgeny!
Sharp, you can find a lot of pictures at this thread at Airwarfare (Legacy) forums (http://airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1733) and at UBI and SimHQ there are postings too.

Slovakia will be the best map ever. - the team that made it has some unbelievable talent.

Bobby109
12-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Really?

the levels of the landscape, the trees the houses...everything looks VERY well made. can't believe it's il2.

Old_Canuck
12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
No this is actually a new map Slovakia coming for il2 i think in the new patch, probably the best map made ..

You have GOT to be joking, GOZR. I too assumed that it was a BoB map. Absolutely beautiful.

Bearcat
12-13-2007, 12:26 AM
It even looks to scale doesnt it...

stalkervision
12-13-2007, 01:49 AM

WOW!!! :)

strewth
12-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Unbelievable!

No not the picture, although is is of good quality.

What I mean is that it is unbelievable that you hijack an official post warning of penalties for turning this place into a zoo and start waffling on about a picture.

Doesn't show a hell of alot of respect for Evengy in my books.

Shame fellas, shame.

Heed the warning and move on I say.

Evgeny
12-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Thank you for your words, strewth. But I have a sense of humor, so I don't take any offence of the picture posted by GOZR.

Triad773
12-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Good luck Evgeny- hope it doesn't turn into unmanageable chaos.

Let's keep it nice :)

Avimimus
12-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Evgeny, If you need to ban me for the public good then I am fine with it.

Although, now that there is hope of escaping the UBI cycle I think we will start behaving in a more exemplary fashion.

choctaw111
12-15-2007, 02:07 AM
This is certainly less chaotic than UBI.

Avimimus
12-15-2007, 02:10 AM
I hadn't visited it in a while. I didn't think it could go as far as it has... even in the day when it was unmoderated.

Qwerty
12-16-2007, 01:10 AM
You don't remember HowWorkGun, HeavyDelta, Cowace and Killjoy2000? Buzzdaradeeotwa? Milo Morai? Around 1999/2000?

Today's Ubi board is like a gentleman's club compared to the idiocy and flaming those lunatics unleashed. No wonder the chief moderator, Stormin Norman, resigned (from the Ubi payroll). Actually, many people found his manner quite offensive, so perhaps he was to blame as well.

Skychump, Isegrim/Kufurst and all the rest were just bit-part players back then - the support act.
It was the miscreants named above who set the unfortunate tone at Ubi several years ago - and it has never changed since.

Note to Evgeny - it's a good idea to start as you mean to go on.

Bearcat
12-16-2007, 03:58 AM
You don't remember HowWorkGun, HeavyDelta, Cowace and Killjoy2000? Buzzdaradeeotwa? Milo Morai? Around 1999/2000?

Today's Ubi board is like a gentleman's club compared to the idiocy and flaming those lunatics unleashed. No wonder the chief moderator, Stormin Norman, resigned (from the Ubi payroll). Actually, many people found his manner quite offensive, so perhaps he was to blame as well.

Skychump, Isegrim/Kufurst and all the rest were just bit-part players back then - the support act.
It was the miscreants named above who set the unfortunate tone at Ubi several years ago - and it has never changed since.

I was there .... That was what got me ionto forums..LMAO.. the old PL.. but the Gulf war put an end to that if you recall... I agree with you....

1.JaVA_Platypus
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Yup... The pilot's loungs disappearing was not a very smart move. They effectivly got rid of a trashcan, so all the trash in the other forums piled up.

BTW, I think Stormin Norman was some kind of community builder or something like that. You saw him in a number of other forums of new UBIsoft games. After the first few months, he resigns from the forum (When the game is no longer commercially attractive??) and let the lesser community managers take over. But that is just a theory. After that came Cartrix I believe. He was an allright chap

1.JaVA_Sharp
12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
IIRC Carl Norman wasn't a community manager like Cartrix was. He was more of a producer of games. (one of his last games was destroyer command IIRC) I think he more or less resigned from the forum(s) because of either private reasons or business interest.

and yeah, the pilots lounge going boom wasn't very smart at all.

Hellcat
12-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Ah yes, Stormin Norman the UBI doorman.

Mucho arsehattery and teeth gnashing back then.
The birth of the BlitzPigs. It changed my life.
:cool:

ElAurens
12-16-2007, 11:43 PM
:)

Qwerty
12-17-2007, 12:01 AM
It wasn't all bad. There was a lot to laugh at, even though it wasn't supposed to be a comedy forum.
Remember Smokejaguar? He was a nice guy as I recall and a decent moderator - he used to post scans of his weird gothic pencil sketches. Quite sexy some of them. I think he was a Scot.
Then there was Subnubilus, HowWorkGun's son. He wanted to join the marines I believe - wonder how he got on? Is he back with his dad in Hawaii after doing three tours of the gulf? Cowace was also a soldier, wasn't he? Real name Captain Marvel - IIRC (!).
Killjoy was a headcase from the UK who wanted to be a soldier or a games developer - the mind boggles.
Then there was a wheelchair-bound Dutch guy called Jaapverdujin who used to include strange typos in his posts when his cat walked across the keyboard.
Only other name I recall from those halycyon days is Erugifog. I can't remember anything about his posts, but I still find that name drifting through my mind. Where did he get it from? What does it mean?

Ah nostalgia...snapshots of people's lives brought to you courtesy of the internet.

Loco-S
12-17-2007, 03:54 AM
Me believes certain poster over here has opened Pandora's box summoning the old Pilots lounge spirits, good luck..he he he

PS, zero tolerance for trolling sounds good in principle, lets see how it goes.

Spectre_USA
12-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Me believes certain poster over here has opened Pandora's box summoning the old Pilots lounge spirits, good luck..he he he

Spirits?

But we be friendly spirits.

>Hic<

:D

1.JaVA_Sharp
12-17-2007, 07:07 AM
you know what I remember from those days?

"Heavy Delta opens the pilots lounge door......" 50 some pages were the result.

waves to Spectre and Loco in the meantime.

Waz
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Ah yes, Stormin Norman the UBI doorman.

Mucho arsehattery and teeth gnashing back then.
The birth of the BlitzPigs. It changed my life.
:cool:

:razz:

crazyivan1970
12-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh boy, memories came alive :D

Viking
12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
One of the best days in my life when I almost single-handed managed to close down that neo-Nazi forum!

Mastermariner

Old_Canuck
12-17-2007, 06:15 PM
It might have gotten a name change since the pilot lounge era but Ubi zoo GF is no doubt the new "trash can." Must confess, I still lift the lid once in awhile to see if there's any gems among the junk.

DuxCorvan
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Despite Evgeny good intentions and sensible threats, I see not this forum going better. I mean, there are several threads on the hacking topic still thriving and trigger-happily growing in personal attacks and childish attitude.

The 'got track?' or whatever, is mostly an unending flame war and troll paradise.

Lost the keys of the lock? :confused:

Viking
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
A lock of that thread is just what the trolls are desperately trying to provoke. Just wait a while and they will run out of ammo and motivation. A few bans might be in place but it’s better and wiser to let things cool down by themselves.

Just my 0.02€

Bearcat
12-18-2007, 02:30 AM
It isnt the forums.. it is it's members that make it or break it...

Old_Canuck
12-18-2007, 06:19 AM

So true. There's still a mature element at the Zoo. I don't regret the last 4 years of daily visits there and have learned a lot and received much appreciated help. But sadly it's getting harder to wade through the crap to find the good stuff. S! Bearcat.

Viking
12-18-2007, 07:21 AM

In the end, yes it is. But if administrators wisely lays down rules and appoints the right moderators that knows what and whom to encourage or show to the door, then it is up to the users to fill the forum with relevant and interesting topics.

zapatista
12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
then it is up to the users to fill the forum with relevant and interesting topics.

you mean like spreading information about hacking and cheating online, and promoting it in olegs own 1C forum ?

or maybe you meant how to better delay the 4.09 patch, or take resources from a very busy oleg who now needs to come up with a new anti hack lock while develloping BoB at full steam ?

i think this new forum started out very nicely, the only major problem is that there is open promotion of hacking by a small number of people, that is what gets peoples annoyed. it should have been nipped in the bud when it first surfaced here !

if the hacking was only possible for offline use it wouldnt matter, but there is now no way to determine who is cheating online, and it ruins the game for many people, even if it would be just by adding the suspicion of cheating on some legitimate users who might not be.

there is still almost a full year to go before BoB is released, and thats a long time to wait if this issue doesnt get resolved and the loopholes closed.

JG52Uther
12-18-2007, 11:21 AM
How would we know about cheating online if it was not talked about in public? Only the cheaters would want to keep it quiet.

Viking
12-18-2007, 11:52 AM
No Zapata I am not spreading information as I don’t have any and I don’t promote anything as I don’t give a hoot about what you use or not. But I know it’s better to discuss and dissect the mods in open and not stick our heads in the sand.

Mods and cheats did allegedly exist before the mods so the need to plug that hole did already exist.

PS! Nice try to get as many “promote” as possible in your post!
You think Evgeny will fall for it?

zapatista
12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
But I know it’s better to discuss and dissect the mods in open and not stick our heads in the sand.

your confusing freedom of speech with the right to yell fire in a crowded theater.

allowing open promotion of the hacked files in the main legitimate il2 forums is wrong, and if you'd bother to actually read the threads were people list the main reasons for this then you'd know that to, i wont repeat them all here again. there is no spoon in life, put a little effort in yourself to see what the arguments are on both sides and then make up your own mind.

Mods and cheats did allegedly exist before the mods so the need to plug that hole did already exist.

you really cant see the difference in those 2 issues ? having one main russian cracker who opened the files years ago and kept the information mostly to himself (with only the odd behavior being reported online from a non-regular member) that is one thing, but having every 12 yo and his dog editing flight characteristics and aircraft armament with a simple few cut 'n pastes in notepad is another thing

JG52Uther
12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Not worth it.

Viking
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
your confusing freedom of speech with the right to yell fire in a crowded theater.

allowing open promotion of the hacked files in the main legitimate il2 forums is wrong, and if you'd bother to actually read the threads were people list the main reasons for this then you'd know that to, i wont repeat them all here again. there is no spoon in life, put a little effort in yourself to see what the arguments are on both sides and then make up your own mind.

you really cant see the difference in those 2 issues ? having one main russian cracker who opened the files years ago and kept the information mostly to himself (with only the odd behavior being reported online from a non-regular member) that is one thing, but having every 12 yo and his dog editing flight characteristics and aircraft armament with a simple few cut 'n pastes in notepad is another thing

Freedom of speech!? Where did I say that? This sis a forum with its own rules! And what have this discussion to do with the rules of UBI forum??

No Sir! You are rambling and further discussion with you will obviously be futile.

fly_zo
12-18-2007, 01:05 PM
well how many threads do you people need .... it is the third one for the same discussion ... and second that got way off topic . Do you hate Evgeny that much ... ?

Qwerty
12-18-2007, 06:04 PM
you mean like spreading information about hacking and cheating online, and promoting it in olegs own 1C forum ?

or maybe you meant how to better delay the 4.09 patch, or take resources from a very busy oleg who now needs to come up with a new anti hack lock while develloping BoB at full steam ?

i think this new forum started out very nicely, the only major problem is that there is open promotion of hacking by a small number of people, that is what gets peoples annoyed. it should have been nipped in the bud when it first surfaced here !

if the hacking was only possible for offline use it wouldnt matter, but there is now no way to determine who is cheating online, and it ruins the game for many people, even if it would be just by adding the suspicion of cheating on some legitimate users who might not be.

there is still almost a full year to go before BoB is released, and thats a long time to wait if this issue doesnt get resolved and the loopholes closed.

You know, we discuss this issue a lot at my local 'Get A Life' club. Why don't you join?

Lo0n
12-19-2007, 08:56 AM
zing!

Baron
12-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Dont worrie Zapatista.

Some people in theese forums got it into theire heads that it is up to them to decide the rules here and what goes and what doesnt.

That will change very soon.

The problem those people are having is that they push and push untill they run ut of space...and then it will be to late.

Some of them will even run to the headmaster and cry about it...but it will be to late.

Just leave it alone in this threadh.

Just fill in the facts from time to time....that will keep em going long enough to strike them selfse out, trust me.

But again, leave it alone in here.

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Why warn anyone when the rules are clear? Ban them and be done with it.

S!

Al Schlageter
12-21-2007, 12:02 PM

LOL, Barbarrosa Isegrim/Vo101 Isegrim/Vo101 Kurfurst/Kurfurst was definately not a bit-part player but the major disrupter along with the one called Huck, the uber twins. Still is, but the Mods have put a muzzle on him just recently. Best thing the Mods ever did there.

Have you not noticed how quiet the Ubi board is when he doesn't post.

crazyivan1970
12-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Why warn anyone when the rules are clear? Ban them and be done with it.

S!

As TAGERT would say, 100% agreed!! ;)

GOZR
12-21-2007, 06:41 PM
That is the stick you need to get ;)

http://falunhr.org/newsletter/images/TortureTool.jpg

crazyivan1970
12-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Naww, that something Evgeny should get ;)

GOZR
12-21-2007, 07:18 PM
LOL..

Yvan if you are interested on helping Evgeny I think you would be the best person IMO.. well if you desire ofcourse you got my vote..

fly_zo
12-21-2007, 08:36 PM
LOL..

Yvan if you are interested on helping Evgeny I think you would be the best person IMO.. well if you desire ofcourse you got my vote..

then i'm finished here ...banned for life ASAP

(joke!)

Viking
12-21-2007, 10:46 PM
As TAGERT would say, 100% agreed!! ;)

So why weren’t you interested in banning everyone that broke the rules over at UBI when you where a mod even when challenged to do so by me?
The old buddy system kicked in I suppose! It’s a big difference between moderating and favouring.

Don’t come over here with your bad ideas! Let Evgeny do the moderating in here, you never could, over there.

LEXX
12-23-2007, 03:17 AM
RayBanJockey was the Da number 1. :pumpfistsmileyface.rbj:

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 09:07 AM
So why weren’t you interested in banning everyone that broke the rules over at UBI when you where a mod even when challenged to do so by me?
The old buddy system kicked in I suppose! It’s a big difference between moderating and favouring.

Don’t come over here with your bad ideas! Let Evgeny do the moderating in here, you never could, over there.

Too funny... i have a couple people in mind who would have said this ;)

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Can I safely assume that this Forum has been introduced by 1C to offer them a little more freedom of communication moving forward...direct contact with their users rather than via distributors/publishers websites?
Therefore from a marketing perspective for 1C...more users and a higher level of activity will be their goal? And from a communication point of view they will want to solicit opinion and comment both from the minority of online Users and the majority of Offline users?
Therefore is it right to assume that we can expect the current forum moderation policy viv-a-vis the Sound Mod to proceed, and that no new, controversial moderators will be appointed in the short term?

robtek
12-23-2007, 10:40 AM
@jasonbirder

i am wonderin how you still can believe that the offline - community is a majority??

I, for my part have played offline for about a year but then it became really boring
to fight the dumb, cheating ai and i shelfed IL2.

I came back to IL2 when i had the opportunity to play online against intelligent opponents.

I can´t believe that so many people are enjoing to fight the AI after a year or so.

The resume fur me is that the majority of players are now online - players and not
the people with a shelfed or garbaged IL2 - Game.

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Well I believe it because all game industry statistics show that Offline players make up c90-95% of purchasers, because sometime ago Oleg himself indicated about 95% of his user base was offline players and because only a few months ago a poll on UBI.COM (surely the most online centric of the major IL2 forums) had a substantial majority as either 100% Offline or 90% Offline players.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/3881082695/showpollresults/Y

100 or 90% Offline = 47%

100 or 90% Online = 36%

Given that by definition an internet forum excludes everyone without an internet connection and that Ubi.com has traditionally been more “online-focused” than somewhere like Simhq.com, its safe to assume the real life figures are in actuality far more biased towards Offliners than this poll suggest…

csThor
12-23-2007, 11:16 AM
@jasonbirder

i am wonderin how you still can believe that the offline - community is a majority??

I, for my part have played offline for about a year but then it became really boring
to fight the dumb, cheating ai and i shelfed IL2.

I came back to IL2 when i had the opportunity to play online against intelligent opponents.

I can´t believe that so many people are enjoing to fight the AI after a year or so.

The resume fur me is that the majority of players are now online - players and not
the people with a shelfed or garbaged IL2 - Game.

The simple truth is that offline you don't have to cope with player egos, self-centered fools who resort to any means to get what they want - even at the expense of everyone else. Not to mention the AI will fly any type of aircraft regardless of its performance without whining on some board how biased you are and how unfair mission xyz was. Now does that ring a bell?

robtek
12-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Gee, Jasonbirder,

when i look at the poll i see something completely different than you.
i see about 38% of players who spend equal or less than 50% of their gaming time online
and 63% (róunding error) who are playin more than 50% of their gaming time online.
But 100 % of them are playing online.

And, very important: To buy doesnt mean continuing to play after finding it was too hard
(at the beginning) or too boring (offline)

Now you....

robtek
12-23-2007, 11:29 AM
@ csThor

I really don´t care what anybody is thinking when he is on my six or i am on his.
i dont have to read the whining and i could not care less about it
and last but not least i fly most of my time the fighter-fodder (bomber) or fighter-bomber types who are mostly not equal to the pure fighters.
So i would be an opponent for you, i think.(at least more challenging than the ai)

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 01:11 PM
And, very important: To buy doesnt mean continuing to play after finding it was too hard
(at the beginning) or too boring (offline)

Now you....

The Poll I am quoting from has nothing to do with people that bought the game and no longer play it (Though I suspect that Oleg himself is glad they exist...selling your computer game to a few thousand commited long term fans is not going to keep his company in business very long)
It is a contemporary poll from the ubizoo...which of all the internet forums is probably the one which is most "online centric"
SO look at the evidence...
Even on an Internet Forum (so automatically excluding anyone that plays IL2 without an internet connection), in the English Language speaking section (traditionally the English speaking countries have the highest % of internet and broadband connections - introducing more bias into the poll results), on a forum which has historically been the most "online-centric" of all the IL2 forums (so likely to be seen and responded to by online players)...so for all of that the majority of responders are predominantly offline players...

robtek
12-23-2007, 01:38 PM
@jasonbirder

did you actually read my post?
i quoted that from the responders 38% played less than 50% of their time online
and 63% played more than 50% of their time online.
so the majority is quite well on the online-player side.
What i see here there is a very vocal minority (as we are online) of offline players here.

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Nope...i'm sorry it must be my arithmatic...because if I add up 20% (100% Online) + 16% (90% Online) + 4% (75%) Online...I still online get 40% of people who are predominantly Online players...
And thats ignoring the obvious bias inherent in an internet poll about online usage...

robtek
12-23-2007, 02:34 PM
@jasonbirder
i strongly recommend that you might use the refresh button at the poll page :-)

Viking
12-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Too funny... i have a couple people in mind who would have said this ;)

“Funny”! You abused the rules of the official Il2 game site, that was posted on every game box sold all over the world, and made it into your own little mini world of “this is what I and my buddies think should belong here” thereby scaring away thousands of international buyers and destroying this unique opportunity to widen the interest for this narrow line of simmulations. “Funny”!?
I don’t think so; the world tragedy springs to mind.

Your nick gets more and truer for every post.

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 02:47 PM
41 (27%) 100% offline

30 (20%) 90% offline 10% online

7 (5%) 75% offline 25% online

13 (9%) 50% offline 50% online

6 (4%) 25% offline 75% online

24 (16%) 10% offline 90% online

31 (20%) 100% online

Still unsure how you`re working out your quoted comments?

robtek
12-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Sorry, didn´t see that the last point was offliner, i think that changes it:

Results (152 votes counted so far):
Given the choices below, please pick the one that most closely indicates your IL2 usage:

41 (27%) 100% offline
30 (20%) 90% offline 10% online
7 (5%) 75% offline 25% online
13 (9%) 50% offline 50% online
6 (4%) 25% offline 75% online
24 (16%) 10% offline 90% online
31 (20%) 100% online

but that still says that about73% play more or less online. :-)

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 03:14 PM
63% played more than 50% of their time online

Without wanting to be overly pedantic...20 + 16 + 4 = 40 not 63

robtek
12-23-2007, 03:19 PM
ok,ok, i said sorry

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
No worries! Like I said i didn't want to be pedantic! For a minute I thought it was my adding up that was wrong...lol!
Have a good christmas buddy :)

robtek
12-23-2007, 03:23 PM
same to you and your family

Al Schlageter
12-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Off line - 41+27+5.25+6.5+1.5+3 = 84

On line - 3+1.75+6.5+4.5+21+31 = 68

time spent playing off line - 55.3%

time spent playing on line 44.7%

41 off line
30 - 27 off line, 3 on line
7 - 5.25 off line, 1.75 on line
13 - 6.5 off line, 6.5 on line
6 - 1.5 off line, 4.5 on line
24 - 3 off line, 21 on line
31 on line

robtek
12-23-2007, 03:51 PM
@ al schlageter

i think the fault in this logic lies therein that everybody who is playing online, even maybe only 10% of his time, is affected by the changes to the online community.

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 04:25 PM
“Funny”! You abused the rules of the official Il2 game site, that was posted on every game box sold all over the world, and made it into your own little mini world of “this is what I and my buddies think should belong here” thereby scaring away thousands of international buyers and destroying this unique opportunity to widen the interest for this narrow line of simmulations. “Funny”!?
I don’t think so; the world tragedy springs to mind.

Your nick gets more and truer for every post.

I think the only thing i abused on that site.... is you :) Probably several times too :D

Viking
12-23-2007, 04:29 PM
No, the”only” thing you f@cked is the UBI site, the Il2 simulation and the international IL2 community.
Sounds bad enough to you? No, I didn’t think so, ramble on.

robtek
12-23-2007, 04:42 PM
@viking
isn´t it possible that you state your opinion in a polite and civilized manner?

Viking
12-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I just did! You want the true uncensored version?

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 04:52 PM
No, the”only” thing you f@cked is the UBI site, the Il2 simulation and the international IL2 community.

Boy, those are really big words there haha... definitely hit the nerve :D

Viking
12-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Like I said… your nick

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 04:59 PM
I think the only thing i abused on that site.... is you Probably several times too

In fairness...as until very recently you were a Mod at the Official UBI forum...to boast about abusing members over there is probably a little tactless
It only contributes to the feeling (whether it is actually true or not) that there is a "one rule for us...one rule for them" philosophy over there...
While you are just a vanilla member here...and free to say whatever you choose...it is unrealistic to expect people to immediately forget your former position and prominence over there...and people while have expectations (unfairly so) that you will behave here in a more measured and thoughtful way.

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 04:59 PM
I feel deeeeply offended :D

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Well i am behaving jason... am i not? Just replying to accusations that i ruined this sim :)

Apparently personal attacks by Viking is ok in yuor book...little double standard there?

jasonbirder
12-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I was pointing out that for a while your posts here, might be judged by double standards because of your previous position as a moderator at ubi...and I did say that that was unfair on you :)

Viking
12-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Well i am behaving jason... am i not? Just replying to accusations that i ruined this sim :)

Apparently personal attacks by Viking is ok in yuor book...little double standard there?

No, no, no! A bit of delusion of grandeur here! I don’t say that you personally ruined this sim!I say that you where one of the crew that ruined the unique chance to widen the user base for this type of simulations.

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 05:12 PM
@jason: i gotcha...should have red more carefully, sorry then.

F19_Klunk
12-23-2007, 05:50 PM

Skärp dig

Viking
12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Klunk sais” Sharpen up!” (In Swedish). Thanks Klunk I just did! Tired off tiptoeing around biased “moderators” in “other sites” it is quite refreshing to be able to “sharpen up” and speak out! If you have more specific and relevant issues I am as always all ears.

F19_Klunk
12-23-2007, 06:35 PM
If you have more specific and relevant issues I am as always all ears.

No problem, I said pretty much what I wanted.

Specific... relevant... lol-- hysterical... not much in this thread is relevent. All I can see is word twisting, small men in a sand box, showing off their "wittiness".

So I repeat; "skärp dig".. you are better than this.

Viking
12-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Am I better or not I don’t know. But as you can read I am very disappointed and angry, I must admit, on the way that the UBI forum for years have been “hijacked” by a group that, in my opinion, have caused a great deal of damage to the possibilities that IL2 simulations had on international “get together” and mutual share of interest over the continents and borders.

Anyone that took advantage of that situation for personal reasons, or had a position to speak out against and didn’t, it is in my eyes guilty of what I claim above. Hence my recent posts!

What we must ask ourselves in order to understand the accusation here is; are the posters at UBI forum a group representative of all the buyers of this simulation?

And if they are not when and how did we, they, fail?

BTW All in this thread is relevant and very important to me. It’s no LOL´ ing matter.

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Dont kill yourself over this Viking, you already figured it all out - there is the only one person to blame and it`s not you ;) Besides, there was no Viking at UBI.. so i don`t know why are you getting all worked up :D

This thread intended to be serious, but turned into circus... besides no actions taken. So, consider this thread as a friendly reminder about rules and stuff ;)

Viking
12-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I didn’t expect anything else from you; check out Viking-S, Mastermariner and perhaps a few others that I burned when urging the moderators and administrators on UBI to just stay to the rules of keeping the posts to topics related to il2 simulation.

I really appreciate that you take no action and your gesture of reminding me of the rules here where we, both, are just guests.

Edit!
Here is one of my strives to sort out things as F16- Fatboy.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/955102355/p/1

As Idi Amin said “ Today I am pleased with myself!”

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Now, this is a real shocker!!! Out of all people..Viking-S and such a huge grudge!! :) From silence to hostility just one step? ;)

Viking
12-23-2007, 08:29 PM
51% 114 for an English speaking Euro forum and you never once asked yourselves “where did we fail”!

I t is really not for me to say but, Welcome to the English Euro forum of Il2 Sturmovik, (that’s the .eu you know), I sincerely hope you enjoyed it so far. It took us years to get here for some obscure reason but we are happy for the resent and unexpected development

Lots and lots of blink´s and Lol´s!

crazyivan1970
12-23-2007, 08:53 PM
I think you stretching my power at UBI lol, but just FYI... such request was issued to UBI community management, along with request for SOW forum, along with request of closing useless PF forum, along with many other requests... You know very little about how it all works but pretend that you know it all... What you need is, reality check, this community was forgotten by UBI somewhere around Forgotten Battles release, kinda symbolic, isnt it?

I am still amazed that you kept all that anger for so many years :)

Al Schlageter
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Come on Ivan, you know very well that you and other Mods like Tully and BC played favorites at Ubi.

yes we know the Hungarian can be a pain in the butt.......

Those words look familiar?

fly_zo
12-24-2007, 12:31 PM
whatever you may done or do ..... crazyivan1970 , i just like to wish you merry Christmas and all the best in new year !!!!! :-)

peace!

Z

ElAurens
12-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Zo, whatever our feelings about the sim, I wish you a good Christmas and New Year, and I hope that peace finds it's way to your part of the world.

Jutocsa
12-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Come on Ivan, you know very well that you and other Mods like Tully and BC played favorites at Ubi.

yes we know the Hungarian can be a pain in the butt.......

hm ?

crazyivan1970
12-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Yea, Happy Holidays All!!! :)

Bearcat
12-24-2007, 09:43 PM

Wow... y'know I was upstairs cooking some yams and the smell from this thread made me come down to the basement and see if my PC had cr@ped on itself....

Am I better or not I don’t know. But as you can read I am very disappointed and angry, I must admit, on the way that the UBI forum for years have been “hijacked” by a group that, in my opinion, have caused a great deal of damage to the possibilities that IL2 simulations had on international “get together” and mutual share of interest over the continents and borders.
Anyone that took advantage of that situation for personal reasons, or had a position to speak out against and didn’t, it is in my eyes guilty of what I claim above. Hence my recent posts!
What we must ask ourselves in order to understand the accusation here is; are the posters at UBI forum a group representative of all the buyers of this simulation?
And if they are not when and how did we, they, fail?
BTW All in this thread is relevant and very important to me. It’s no LOL´ ing matter.

Who was not represented? Offliners? Euros? Just what are you saying... ? I don't understand.. seriously...

I think you stretching my power at UBI lol, but just FYI... such request was issued to UBI community management, along with request for SOW forum, along with request of closing useless PF forum, along with many other requests... You know very little about how it all works but pretend that you know it all... What you need is, reality check, this community was forgotten by UBI somewhere around Forgotten Battles release, kinda symbolic, isnt it?
I am still amazed that you kept all that anger for so many years :)

Id say it was actually around PF myself.. but still... Just look at the fact that the squadrons page @ UBI has not been updated since.. what... when Birdbrain & Extreme One were doing it? Which was about... 5 years ago? Maybe 4.. since PF is listed there..

How so? With whom?

Just curious.... because you two seem to have passed Mind Reading 101 with a 4.0... ;)

Zo, whatever our feelings about the sim, I wish you a good Christmas and New Year, and I hope that peace finds it's way to your part of the world.

Y'know El.. I think that Zo cares as much about the sim as you and I do... I think he and many in his camp just feel that the sim can be improved by the current events.. that it doesn't all have to be the worse case scenario as many who have a diametric viewpoint appear to feel.

JG52Uther
12-24-2007, 10:51 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Schlageter View Post
How so? With whom?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Bearcat,this thread has come back to haunt the ubi mods:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/5871096816/p/1

Page 4 is my particular favorite!
No favoritism?

BP_Jagger
12-24-2007, 11:05 PM
I say ban the Blitzpigs,
then again,
Oleg is an Honorary Blitzpig, even if he doesn't know it........

Then again, is it an honor (?)....hmmmmm

crazyivan1970
12-25-2007, 12:45 AM
I thought we all agreed to wish everyone marry xmas and call it a night?? BC? Uther? Will continue after new years, ok? :D

fly_zo
12-25-2007, 07:27 AM

thank you so very much :-) .... all the best to you and to your family too !!

peace!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/fly_zo/FMB_Christmas.jpg

Codex
12-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Merry Christmas All
(well only 1.5 hours are left for me anyway)

heywooood
12-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Good job - keep a good handle on it early by setting the tone.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday ! Happy New Year to all and thanks to 1c for posting the 4.09 beta!!

I did not expect to see it this year

denbf109
01-01-2008, 01:30 PM
evgeny - i use really bad language in the chat window of il2 fb online when the hackers and cheaters descend on the game like bad smelling flatulence. but my real concern is when will the BoB Storm of War hit the stores. can anyone say?

Bobby109
01-01-2008, 03:57 PM
evgeny - i use really bad language in the chat window of il2 fb online when the hackers and cheaters descend on the game like bad smelling flatulence. but my real concern is when will the BoB Storm of War hit the stores. can anyone say?

i believe there is a "don't ask, don't tell" policy on this matter :grin:

denbf109
01-02-2008, 11:19 AM
thanks bobby. man, i can't wait. i hope oleg deals with the hacker issue in this one.

Fearfactor
01-20-2008, 03:12 AM
I agree there should be some modding on forums but over-modding is no better than under-modding. I wouldn't want this to get like the Ubi forums where the mods act like Nazi Gestapo agents. I think that flaming and insults are the only true problem. If off-topic threads were such a problem in of themselves, then why are they so popular and why so people enjoy them so much? I see people insulting and flaming others as much in on-topic threads as I do off-topic threads. So if I were a mod I'd only go after the trouble makers. An occasional off-topic thread is harmless and oftentimes refreshing. Now the topics on disallowed hacking and modding are not necessary and the mods have a right to crack down on that.

Robert
01-20-2008, 06:42 AM
I agree there should be some modding on forums but over-modding is no better than under-modding. I wouldn't want this to get like the Ubi forums where the mods act like Nazi Gestapo agents. I think that flaming and insults are the only true problem. If off-topic threads were such a problem in of themselves, then why are they so popular and why so people enjoy them so much? I see people insulting and flaming others as much in on-topic threads as I do off-topic threads. So if I were a mod I'd only go after the trouble makers. An occasional off-topic thread is harmless and oftentimes refreshing. Now the topics on disallowed hacking and modding are not necessary and the mods have a right to crack down on that.

Lay off the neo nazi BS. It makes you look foolish, and unsubstantiates your statement. I can't imagine the amount of reading the moderators had to do during IL2's hey day. Many of the posts are unintelligable because of poor writing skills or translated from other languages. (no offense to anyone, just an appreciation for a difficult non paying time consuming responsability)

Are/were the moderators perfect? naaaaaaaaa. But if I felt the need to complain about their handling of matters I'd have voulunteered to help out if I thought I could do better.

But it's so easy to lob neo nazi flames. /RANT

Emmer
01-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Best wishes for all in 2008!

DuxCorvan
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Well, Xmas is long over, so... FY all! :lol:

heywooood
01-30-2008, 02:16 AM
F'you too Duxie

Seafireliv
02-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Now how did I get here?

Lo0n
02-29-2008, 03:24 PM
portals?

ChiefMOAB
03-16-2008, 03:20 PM
The people on pc games are much better than console people, thank you for being alive

Snuff_Pidgeon
03-24-2008, 03:38 AM
errm eh

DKoor
04-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Well, Xmas is long over, so... FY all! :lol:Starting a political party anytime soon?

Worf101
06-03-2008, 05:59 PM
How did I get here??? Hunh Wha????

Too much blood wine...

Da Worfster

Feuerfalke
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
How did I get here??? Hunh Wha????

Too much blood wine...

Da Worfster

Gagh and Bloodwine is best. ;)

ElAurens
06-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

:evil:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9053/klingoncruisernv1.jpg

http://http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9053/klingoncruisernv1.jpg

Feuerfalke
06-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Qapla' batlh je

http://www.etchstar.com/images/art/234/medium.jpg

Ploughman
06-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I always thought those Klingon cruisers looked like they were wearing a hat. Hard to take a warship seriously when it's wearing a hat.

Snuff_Pidgeon
06-23-2008, 07:07 AM
hehehe

rakinroll
09-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Yea its looking like a scarecrow! :lol:

DKoor
09-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Yea its looking like a scarecrow! :lol:Although I luv Klingon birds +1
(not sure whether it's a Romulan or Klingon one:oops:)

Dark_P
09-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Ah sweet childhood memories :P

mwolf
10-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Ah sweet childhood memories :P

why childhood :D I am 32 and still fan of it :D

but this is all off topic, so sorry admins, but i could not help myself :)

Former_Older
10-12-2008, 02:03 PM
but this is all off topic, so sorry admins,

I don't think there's a need to apologize, since there are no admins and no moderators here. Your off topic post isn't even on the "violates rules of the forum" radar if all the cialis and porn ads can stick around for days.