PDA

View Full Version : Will this game feature bots or ai for LAN multiplayer matches??

samedi
06-15-2011, 03:46 PM
I was wondering if someone could answer this as i would like to know before i buy it and also that game mode is very fun to play!

Yoshi1982
07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
would be great to know if it is possible to play against AI in Skirmish Maps, that is really missing in Assault Squad.

waaaghmasta
08-20-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm more concerned of the genereal AI performance --- lets face it, the AI in MOW sucks is way below what normal AI should be in a RTT game, it only provides player with unnecessary and often frustrating experience.:(

psycho pigeon
08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
no multiplayer means it better have good AI...

MomobyLet
08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I support this idea, we need bots with various level of difficulty, sometime we have to wait a long time to get a game...

samedi
09-30-2011, 05:40 PM
So, will we be seeing bots for LAN multiplayer matches or do we have to stick with the single player missions

BUZARD
10-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Agreed guys,,, Skirmishes with AI is the difference between life and death for this game IMO!!

Skirmish is important!!! Any RTS game Dev 'should' know this already!!

Nike-it
10-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Skirmish is not planned for Vietnam. Maybe some modders will do it.

BUZARD
10-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Skirmish is not planned for Vietnam. Maybe some modders will do it.

Well thx for the reply it is much appreciated but,, is a tad uninformative to say the least!!, the lax attitude is also disappointing,, are you devs actually gamers or just business men?

Seeing as the game is being ruined by lack of skirmish modes,, your basically forcing the modders to finish the game off for you,, so,, could you give a little more explanation and detail about why there is no official skirmish planned for MOW-V please??

Because im a tad shocked that you just say 'No Skirmish Planned' and that's it!!,, we are paying good money for half a game here guys!

Nike-it
10-17-2011, 09:44 AM
It was written a lot of times, that Vietnam focuses on SP, not MP. The goal was not top create AS set in Vietnam war. If you like skirmish and MP then your game is AS, if SP campaign them - Vietnam.

BUZARD
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Lame!!

Fred DM
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Seeing as the game is being ruined by lack of skirmish modes,

wut? :confused: so the original Men of War and Red Tide were ruined as well? :confused:

we are paying good money for half a game here guys!
no, you're not. neither MoW nor Red Tide had a skirmish mode in addition to their campaigns. Assault Squad on the other hand does have a skirmish mode, but no scripted, story-driven campaign.

by your logic, each of these games would have to be considered incomplete.

BUZARD
10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Yep,,, by my logic those games also were incomplete yes!! not completely ruined but,, definitely incomplete!!! replay and longevity were not considered so ultimately it ruins the game because you cant keep going back to it.

Once we have played thru the campaign once or twice then its game over!!! no replay factor,, no longevity!! so yes!! and YES!! no need to try and make me look like a hypocrite, i know what im saying. There is such a thing as innovation with game releases,, in other words you improve upon your last release in order not to appear to be 'ripping off' the fans!!

RTS games with no replay factor are finite and therefor bordering on pointless!

Now im not slagging off these games completely,, they are IMO the best of whats available and i have played most PC RTS titles for 10 + years.

Does seem like a step backwards tho,, i have played 'Assault Squad' to death while waiting for MOW-V,, the Skirmish mode in 'AS' tho having good potential was inherently flawed!! because the 10 flags on the maps were always in the same positions so every game was more or less the same.

Then you release the next game with less content in it,,, i come on here to complain and you just say,, if you want Skirmish go back to 'Assault Squad'!!,, i don't think you guys can possibly be true gamers,, because if you were you would know the importance of replay factor!!!