PDA

View Full Version : Inefficient ammo resupplying?:(

Socks
06-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I suppose this would apply to all MoW games, but i'm currently playing the AS demo. The problem is, when i try to resupply i can only seem to move 1 at a time (VERY slow), or all at once.

So how do i split a stack of ammo, or fast transfer...or anything other than drag>drop? Like there's 75 shells in a supply truck, i don't want to drag 25 to one AT gun, 25 to another, then just finally right click the last 25 to supply the last.

How does one micromanage ammo (see above example!)?
Is there a mod out there that fixes this problem?
If not, is there a way to "easily" alter the game files to fix it yourself?

I do like the demo, i'm getting my ass kicked and it's fun! But i love trying to keep my soldiers alive (i refuse to sacrifice them, i'd rather resupply them).

Tyro
06-28-2011, 07:08 PM
The supply issue is almost a deal breaker, they should automatically get what they need if the truck is near them, and resupplying large mg and mortars is a nightmare, if you don't aim on the right spot nothing happens, meanwhile the enemy is gladly blowing your *** off.

kane1
06-28-2011, 11:37 PM
I suppose this would apply to all MoW games, but i'm currently playing the AS demo. The problem is, when i try to resupply i can only seem to move 1 at a time (VERY slow), or all at once.

So how do i split a stack of ammo, or fast transfer...or anything other than drag>drop? Like there's 75 shells in a supply truck, i don't want to drag 25 to one AT gun, 25 to another, then just finally right click the last 25 to supply the last.

How does one micromanage ammo (see above example!)?
Is there a mod out there that fixes this problem?
If not, is there a way to "easily" alter the game files to fix it yourself?

I do like the demo, i'm getting my ass kicked and it's fun! But i love trying to keep my soldiers alive (i refuse to sacrifice them, i'd rather resupply them).

If you plan on getting the Full game there is a way to outfit all your Reinforcements so that they have plenty of ammo to start with. It is time consuming(30min. to an a Hour), it involves the Gem Editor, and has to be done to each mission, but your Tanks and AT guns will get destroyed before they run out of ammo. You can do two things with your troops, you can give them plenty of ammo, but will need to be re-supplied, or give them a weapon with 999999 rounds in it so that they never run out or have to reload.
I know how you feel about keeping your guy's alive. One of my rules for playing the MoW games(starting with SHoWW2) was that if I lost one guy no matter where I was in the mission I would have to start over. With MoWAS part of the FUN is calling in the reinforcements, sending in your brave troops to hold a "Strategic Point" and then sending in some more after a few seconds to replace the dead guys. I play on "Heroic" and I lose tons of stuff.

Tyro
06-30-2011, 02:09 PM
supply for guns is confusing at best, for infantry you can eyeball the supply truck and one guy will go and get supplies for all, for a gun I have found you can't send one of the them to get ammo, you have to eyeball the gun itself with the supply truck and then it will interact with gun directly to supply ammo.

If you send one of the soldiers to the truck he can get the ammo, but when he returns to the gun it will not show in the inventory. this seems rather idiotic and doesn't reflect real life.

Is there any other method to resupply?

by the way the manual is pretty sparse on info, is there a comprehensive tutorial?