PDA

View Full Version : OFF TOPIC: Brothers In Arms

Chips86
06-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Well just about my favourite WW2 Shooter is returning...Brothers in Arms.

Many of you may know about this series, many probably not, but it was the absolute height of tactical squad based realistic shootery. So you can understand my uncontrollable dissapointment when i saw this trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhpYwcrZUA

Why do they insist on ruining every good game ever? If it takes even the tiniest iota of skill to play they have to dumb it down.

God i hate the american lowest common denominator.

Raggz
06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
I agree. I really don't understand why they even call it Brothers in arms when it has nothing to do with the earlier games or story. The new one seems to be just another fictional FPS with silly characters. It kinda reminds me of Inglorious bastards.

Again we see a good franchise being raped and left with a real bad idea!

Chips86
06-09-2011, 10:44 AM
And i was so looking forward to Bastogne....WHYYYY???!???!!?!?!?!?!?

This I think is genuinely the most insulted I have been as a consumer...well, ever when it concerns video games. I really hope this is all some kind of a joke.

lothar29
06-09-2011, 10:49 AM
that is shit this?where we will arrive more than engage in do fantasy of a part of the story because they do not do a brothers in arms but des on the German side have? These people also fought and died for their country...shameful...This smells like me total control by UBISOFT

Trooper117
06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I purchased all the BIA titles and enjoyed playing them, but if this is real and not a machinima wind up, then it's purely designed for people with limited brain cell activity.
Total crap.

Sternjaeger
06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
that is shit this?where we will arrive more than engage in do fantasy of a part of the story because they do not do a brothers in arms but des on the German side have? These people also fought and died for their country...shameful...This smells like me total control by UBISOFT

Agree.

Brothers in Arms was immersive and had great graphics, but I always felt like you were forced through stages to behave in a pre-scripted tactic, not much room for improvisation (nothing better than the Hidden and Dangerous series me thinks!), still, it was an interesting title with a strong plot. This one , as someone mentioned above, is heavily inspired to Inglorious Basterds, and will probably appeal (and ruin) youths..

let's hope it's soon forgotten.. what an unbelievable piece of sh..

Rattlehead
06-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Why do they insist on ruining every good game ever? If it takes even the tiniest iota of skill to play they have to dumb it down.

I haven't played any game in the series, but it seems that dumbing down games is becoming the norm these days. The same thing happened with Dragon Age Origins 2.
Maybe we'll come full circle in gaming and eventually have one button joysticks like the Atari 2600 had.

machoo
06-09-2011, 11:10 AM
looks shit. And wtf is with the medic type nazi swatikas so they don't offend anybody -- and assume that axe to the face will be fine. But nooooo not the swastika!

meplay
06-09-2011, 11:10 AM
That clip reminds me of the film 'Inglourious Basterds' in the bar scene lol

pupo162
06-09-2011, 11:41 AM
i loved the first 2, the third only had history, becosue they ruined the SP with some crappy features.

well this 4th delivery.... just looks wrong....