PDA

View Full Version : Il2 Type 3 (Late)

Arrow
12-06-2007, 05:00 PM
The sim is called Il2 Sturmovik. I've just been wondering why don't we also have an Il2 Type3 with all metal wings. They got them in late 1944, so I think it wouldn't be that hard to change the wings to all metal and designate the aircraft as Il2-type3 (late). I know it is far too late to ask any new aircraft to come, but that wouldn't be that hard I think to implement and would be a neat addition to the last patch. What do you think?

DuxCorvan
12-06-2007, 06:45 PM
(Late)

Antoninus
12-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Would there be any recognizeable difference between the two versions, except a maybe slightly adjusted damage modell?

Arrow
12-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Would there be any recognizeable difference between the two versions, except a maybe slightly adjusted damage modell?

yes - the outer part of the wing would have a different paneling (the wooden wing doesn't have any panels or rivets). And also the outer wing would be more shiny :)

Lo0n
12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
then do some skins with the metal wing rivets et al, shiny is well not sure how the specularity is done to be honest, but i'm not sure wood and metal are all that differently done...