PDA

View Full Version : Engine Reliability and Manifold Pressure

idonno
06-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Greetings Daidalos Team ~S~

I have a question regarding the Engine Reliability feature of 4.10. In the user guide it says “Prbability depends on power generated by engine and its RPM…”.

Since it says “and” its RPM, I’m wondering if manifold pressure also plays a part.

On a side note, as far as IL2 goes in general, I’ve always wondered if reducing the RPM’s of a combat-damaged engine would help it to chug along a little farther.

Thanks,
I.D.

JtD
06-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Manifold pressure is part of power generation, so yes, it depends on manifold pressure as well.

idonno
06-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks.

Anybody know about the other question? Does the sim take rpm's into account when it comes to how long a bullet-damaged engine will continue to run?

I.D.

Romanator21
06-07-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure it does. I've had the "engine inoperable" message come up even if I turned off the engine some time before. RPMs matter however if your propeller governor is broken (sometimes characterized by a sudden surge in RPMs). If you over-rev the engine, it will die quickly.

JtD
06-07-2011, 09:33 PM
It does. But it is not a major contributor. When the time is up, it is up. But you may kill the engine before the time expires by using high rpm.

rpgielow
06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Engine damage on IL2 series seems quite the opposite. Its like when you are hit that the game starts a countdown and your engine will lose power steadly and stop after a few minutes, no matter if you reduced power or not. So throttle up and fly back to you lines.

K_Freddie
06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Engine damage on IL2 series seems quite the opposite. Its like when you are hit that the game starts a countdown and your engine will lose power steadly and stop after a few minutes, no matter if you reduced power or not. So throttle up and fly back to you lines.

Nahh boulderdash...
I've nursed a stuffed engine back to base many times, by treating it with TLC.