PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Wars US Tournament!

Evgeny
12-03-2007, 12:15 PM
1C PROMOTES FANTASY WARS WITH TOURNAMENT

Win a custom painted PC case by beating the game in the fewest moves

What: Win a custom painted Cosmos 1000 case with original Fantasy Wars artwork by entering this tournament. Simply beat “The King and the General” level in the fewest moves. 2nd and 3rd place receive prizes as well.

Where: The game is available at all major retail outlets or digitally at http://www.gamersgate.com.

When: The tournament opens Midnight, December 3, 2007 until Midnight, January 21, 2008

How: Player’s skill will be determined by looking at the following criteria:

1. Difficulty level.
2. The amount of turns made.
3. The execution of additional quests.
4. Towns and fortresses captured.
5. Your army's losses.
6. Your enemies' losses.
7. Money balance.

Simply create an e-mail with the topic "Tournament" and attach the “Profiles” folder. In the email please list your name, age and email address. Send the email to tournament@ino-co.com.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Fantasy Wars is a turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world. Combining both classic turn-based strategy gameplay and modern 3D graphics players can experience epic battles like never before. Players can participate in castle sieges and village defense, assault and reconnaissance operations and swift raids.
For more information on 1C please contact us at the numbers above or go to our website at www.1cpublishing.com or visit the official Fantasy Wars website at www.fantasywars.1cpublishing.eu.

OldGray
12-06-2007, 04:10 AM
I think the idea is great. However what about the rest of the world? I live in the small country of Canada, north of the U.S. I am used to them limiting their contest to their country, but I am surprised you are doing the same. Sigh. Still waiting for my copy to show up here in Calgary Ab Canada. I managed to buy one from the U.S. on ebay as still can not find it locally.
Sorry for the rant. Demo was great and looking forward to receiving the full game and playing. I would have liked to try your tournament as well.

Anatoly
12-06-2007, 06:50 AM
I think the idea is great. However what about the rest of the world? I live in the small country of Canada, north of the U.S. I am used to them limiting their contest to their country, but I am surprised you are doing the same. Sigh. Still waiting for my copy to show up here in Calgary Ab Canada. I managed to buy one from the U.S. on ebay as still can not find it locally.
Sorry for the rant. Demo was great and looking forward to receiving the full game and playing. I would have liked to try your tournament as well.

Talking about all other parts of the world (except Russia and CIS countries) - 1C doesn't do direct sales there. We sell our games through local distributors and publishers and a lot of things (local advertising and promotion) depends on their activities and plans. So this is not only our decision.
We decided to start with the US tournament only as a pilot balloon. If everyrthing goes well and the event proves to be successfull, we are thinking about having a similar tournamnet for other countries or regions.

Ogre
12-14-2007, 06:57 PM
You want my entire "Profiles Folder"? Its big and getting bigger. Its over 20MB at this point. Can I only wrap up the Save_M1* files?

bers
12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
You want my entire "Profiles Folder"? Its big and getting bigger. Its over 20MB at this point. Can I only wrap up the Save_M1* files?

Actually, you may wrap up only *.replay files and send them packed by zip-archiver

Anatoly
12-17-2007, 10:37 AM

Yes please. Could you pack it with ZIP or any other archive please.

bman654
01-11-2008, 06:21 AM
That is a sweet case. I *really* want it. Please, no one enter the tournament but me! :mrgreen:

bman654
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
So should we receive any sort of confirmation after sending in our tournament entry? I'd hate to find out my entry got "lost in the mail".

Anatoly
01-14-2008, 09:30 AM
So should we receive any sort of confirmation after sending in our tournament entry? I'd hate to find out my entry got "lost in the mail".

Please send a private message either to Skelos or to Bers - these are the guys from the dev team. They can check whether your e-mail has arrived.

Good luck!

jake21
02-21-2009, 02:45 AM
Curious - was the tournament a commercial success ?