PDA

View Full Version : Peace in comunity.

MOH_Hirth
12-02-2007, 04:43 PM
The best solution for finnish all this discussion still being:

Only FM Locked, OLEG give a final polish in FM and go back to BOB work, 1C Team cant do request from IL-2 comunity anymore... so the comunity will work to have your own requests.
With this way the 2 comunities will back to live in peace and can wait happy for BOB.
We all love this game, all in own way.
Do you have a better solution?

SlipBall
12-02-2007, 05:32 PM
+1

if the Oleg team will do it.......I think that they all ready said no way though.....too much to re-write

crazyivan1970
12-02-2007, 06:17 PM

SOW is a priority number 1. End of story... Get use to that fact guys.

carguy_
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Peace?Why should I make peace with those that give me no options?Why should I agree with those who never gave me a space for a compromise?

Avimimus
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM
It would take too much work for Oleg to tie up the code. He isn't getting more money for keeping Il-2 alive and he has to move on at some point or he will die with this engine.

I think the best solution would be for Oleg to authorise a closed group of programmer-volunteers to write anti-cheat software into the code (and possibly open up other areas to the hackers so that we can develop a legitimate modding community)

robtek
12-02-2007, 08:44 PM
i´ll drink to that :D .

robtek

150GCT_Veltro
12-03-2007, 07:10 AM
FM locked, open source for 3D, sound and textures like ED did for Lock-On.

fly_zo
12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
FM locked, open source for 3D, sound and textures like ED did for Lock-On.

+1 :D

Jughead
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Some say the hack threatens Il2 third part developers. It seems to me it even gives them more purpose. Improved AI, new sky colors and ground textures, new sounds, prop wash, new explosions, new tracers and fixed online play. Sounds like a winner to me, bring on the third party developers! Oleg can even make a dime at it.

SlipBall
12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I really don't think that any thing more will be done with Il-2. Oleg has not the time, and most likely no interest to do so. After the insult to him by the hackers, and then reading posts by pro hacker groupies, many of whom's writings, Oleg has followed over the years over at the zoo. You really could not blame him for washing his hands of it all..... Like Ivan said "get use to it guys"

Chivas
12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Some say the hack threatens Il2 third part developers. It seems to me it even gives them more purpose. Improved AI, new sky colors and ground textures, new sounds, prop wash, new explosions, new tracers and fixed online play. Sounds like a winner to me, bring on the third party developers! Oleg can even make a dime at it.

Why would a third party developer pay for a licence, if the code is hacked and anyone can do it. The market for their mods would be reduced enough that there probably wouldn't be much of a profit margin.

Billfish
12-04-2007, 12:44 AM

Maddox Games stock product, or that "they" directly approve......

Jughead
12-04-2007, 01:59 AM
@ Chivas: Well, I'm obviously not a programmer, but I see people asking for Oleg to fix it. I can only assume that a third party could do it also. Throw in some goodies, and they'd have something marketable IMHO.

SlipBall
12-04-2007, 08:58 PM
To rewrite everything would take much time and man power....not exactly a money maker, for anyone interested

DKoor
12-05-2007, 01:57 AM
:cool: .......