PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of American Long Haul from the demo?

Ubaku
12-02-2007, 05:03 AM
Since the members of this forum all play SCS games I think this is a legitimate topic, and also since Rig'n'Roll has not come out yet, and there is nothing to say about it anymore, we can talk about a game that has already been released.

As puca has already posted this game was just released.

http://www.americanlonghaul.com/

What I think from trying the demo:

Pros: Much better lighting. Daytime is finally like daytime is supposed to be, and you dont need to use freaking headlights in the middle of a sunny afternoon anymore.

Much better graphics, especially the water and buildings, roads, etc. The trucks themselves too.

Excellent fully 3d interior.

Beautiful skies, clouds, changes in weather look realistic.

More famous landmarks in some cities.

The truck feels like its a heavy truck you are driving and not a sports car. Meaning realistic truck physics.

Driving between cities takes longer, and roads are more accurate.

Cons: Same annoying invisible walls that dont let you get anywhere near the landmarks. Way too many of them.

Some cities have very generic skylines, and hardly any landmarks at all. You would expect better by now.

Cops are more picky about red lights, speeding and etc, and fine you way too much.

Many other pros and cons that I did not list here. I just said what struck me during the 60 mins I tried the demo.

In short its the same thing as all the other 18 wheels of steel games, but a little better. I hope Rig'n'Roll can do better.

GinXeng
12-02-2007, 05:46 AM
I'm not buying that crap, the developers need to be the ones paying us to play this garbage.

roebedoes
12-02-2007, 07:01 AM
yeah i will wait until i can dowloaded free :lol:

nicknackpaddywack
12-02-2007, 08:12 AM
its exactly the same as all the other 18 WOS!!!!!!!!! all they do is patch it a little bit and release it as a new game!!!!! its a load of SH*T!!!!!!!!!

SCS have had YEARS to develop this game!!!!!!!! seeing as RnR is a totally brand new game unlike 18wos A-L, SCS/valusoft are a bunch of money grabbers!

No soul no heart and no realism.

and the sounds are rubbish!

digit
12-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Its just a patch with mexico and 2 new trucks. Except you have to pay for it :wink:

bakingcookies
12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Ubaku, you must be high on crack.

1. The graphics are not better. All they did was make new textures. Infact, the graphics are worse than haulin. I'm not sure what type of video card you have, but the game looked like shit on my computer. I got a ati x1650 512 mb.

2. The skys are only new textures, the box model is the same.

3. The trucks have some new paints, and really stupid looking half fenders added on to some of them. Nothing was done to the models, although they might have turned the gloss down.

4. the water is only a new texture.

5. the same interiors as haulin

6. The weather is the same, you might think it's different. check the files, it's all the same.

7. They don't have more realistic handling, infact they made it 2X worse. Check the pacejka formula.

It must have been a while since you played haulin. nobody gets they're just making this game to get more money out of people.

Ron Falco
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Personally, I think SCS needs to stop putting out these "18 wheels of shit" games and focus on getting Rig 'n' Roll out. That's what would put some money in their wallets.

dancanman
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
[quote="Ron Falco"]Personally, I think SCS needs to stop putting out these "18 wheels of shit" games and focus on getting Rig 'n' Roll out. That's what would put some money in their wallets.[/quote
Uh SCS isn't making Rig'n'roll

Pete379x
12-02-2007, 08:09 PM

1. The graphics are not better. All they did was make new textures. Infact, the graphics are worse than haulin. I'm not sure what type of video card you have, but the game looked like shit on my computer. I got a ati x1650 512 mb.

3. The trucks have some new paints, and really stupid looking half fenders added on to some of them. Nothing was done to the models, although they might have turned the gloss down.

6. The weather is the same, you might think it's different. check the files, it's all the same.

7. They don't have more realistic handling, infact they made it 2X worse. Check the pacejka formula.

It must have been a while since you played haulin. nobody gets they're just making this game to get more money out of people.

Its not Ubaku that makes the game its Sabre :roll:

nicknackpaddywack
12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Personally, I think SCS needs to stop putting out these "18 wheels of shit" games and focus on getting Rig 'n' Roll out. That's what would put some money in their wallets.

rig n roll and SCS are two different ventures, 2 diff companies.... durr

Ubaku
12-02-2007, 09:24 PM

I can recommend a 7% solution of cocaine. :wink: Look for literary reference.

And yes it has been at least a year since I tried the Haulin demo. All I have is Pttm.

bigbubba467
12-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Well umm I think ur more on crack man.

he was speaking his own opinion and that should be allowed not mocked. scs didnt go in to detail with the game because they had two truck sims work on the same time. That is why if you would read Truckpol homepage there was a person named Jarek that went to scssoft company and looked at the game. He said that the game was only done over 3 months. That there you know that it wasnt going to much difference.

They should of hold off and worked on it somemore I agree. But for 3 months that isnt that bad of what they did. Can you make a game in 3 months i don't think so because if you did you would of already. even tho they pulled some stuff out. but they did do over the graphic alittle bit you can see it. Also the trailer positioning is better since in haulin some trailers was right in the sleeper. Mexico was done alright could of been bigger. They did add some other roads on the map.

If it comes in my area i would buy it just because i know that others will mod it as well and i would like to get a shot at it. Also we cant do that in Rignroll so alh has one thing over rignroll.

number9ark
12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
nobody gives a shit Ubaku stop advertising SCS garbage here , This is a rignroll toptic not a scs forum , nobody cares about their trash value garbage.

bigbubba467
12-03-2007, 11:51 AM
nobody gives a shit Ubaku stop advertising SCS garbage here , This is a rignroll toptic not a scs forum , nobody cares about their trash value garbage.
but appearantly members does care because it isnt ubaku that first posted about the new demo and also other members ask questions on what other truck games are there and what to buy he isnt advertising he is more posting for everyone because i am sure that 1c would like to see what competition they have... I mean what people dont want in a game and what they do want so they make rignroll according to what everyone wants

number9ark
12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
i am sure that 1c would like to see what competition they have..

ROTMFFLMAO SCS isnt any competition what so ever thats the best ive laugh in the last 10 years conerning truck games . How can you even for a breif second even compare these two companies at the same level SCS isnt even in the same .CLASS. as 1c .

The last good thing SCS did truck game wise was pedal to the medal. that wasnt even that great .

bigbubba467
12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
i am sure that 1c would like to see what competition they have..

ROTMFFLMAO SCS isnt any competition what so ever thats the best ive laugh in the last 10 years conerning truck games . How can you even for a breif second even compare these two companies at the same level SCS isnt even in the same .CLASS. as 1c .

The last good thing SCS did truck game wise was pedal to the medal. that wasnt even that great .

I meant that part as a joke man that is why i put ... at the end. I know that they are different but 1c always would like to be informed on what not to do. That was my point

roebedoes
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
so i also have tested 18 wheels of steel american long haul. and i am very dissapionted. this is just haulin with a patch with an other name. so yes for a good game we wil have to wait (hopefully) a couple months.

RIG'N ROLL RULES!!!!!

from holland

Ubaku
12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Well I thought this topic is interesting since Long Haul just came out and Rig'n'Roll will come out in 2036, so while we wait for it we can discuss a game that has already come out, regardless whether its a good game or not.

In fact thats the point. I wanted people to post what they think of the game. If its bad then say so. And we know Rig'n'Roll will be better.

puca
12-03-2007, 08:23 PM
In fact thats the point. I wanted people to post what they think of the game. If its bad then say so. And we know Rig'n'Roll will be better.

i like SCS truck games, that includes long haul, and im waiting for euro truck simulator :P
i dondt know if ringroll will be better, sometimes when you wait for something for so long; when it comes out you already lost the intrest.

number9ark
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
The euro sim may be their best hope for a decent title , all we can do is wait & see.

trucknisse
12-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I just tried the trial and I can't say that I am pleased.

The game really looks like an expanded Haulin, but I can't say how much. Something is seriously flawed with the game engine, as I only got about 2-3 frames on the my brand new machine. It has Vista yes, which is like a Virus itself, but I can also run Crysis which is quite heavy. Haulin is fine too.

I will have to wait for a few patches before trying again. Anyone else with serious performance problems?

Ubaku
12-05-2007, 11:08 PM
No, mine ran perfect for the 60 minutes. Thats why I'm sticking to good old Windows XP pro.

GargantulaKon
12-07-2007, 03:42 AM
No, mine ran perfect for the 60 minutes. Thats why I'm sticking to good old Windows XP pro.

I am staying on Windows XP for as long as possible. Besides, a new version of Windows is coming in 2010. It just shows that Vista was taking too long to make and they released it unfinished. Windows 7 might be what Microsoft was shooting for.

http://www.windowsvienna.com/
http://www.windows7.cc/

bigbubba467
12-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I have vista and it runs better then the Xp i had. It runs everything also i like how vista is like a virus because not much viruses got after viruses otherwords accouple of my friends turned off firewalls, antivirus software and it never got a virus in 5 months.

that was shocking to me anyway
bigbubba

GargantulaKon
12-08-2007, 01:51 PM
The problem is that I love old games and small utilities that only run on Windows XP so far.

Pete379x
12-10-2007, 02:56 AM
Xp is still the best and it does beat vista IMO.If you look here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/07-11-25/pwned.png

Figure 1 - OfficeBench Completion Times
(In Seconds - Lower is Better)

Link:
http://www.techpowerup.com/?45378

Sorry for being of topic...

But yeah the game ALH is pretty much like a patch for haulin.

number9ark
12-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Since the members of this forum all play SCS games I think this is a legitimate topic, and also since Rig'n'Roll has not come out yet, and there is nothing to say about it anymore, we can talk about a game that has already been released.

As puca has already posted this game was just released.

http://www.americanlonghaul.com/

What I think from trying the demo:

Pros: Much better lighting. Daytime is finally like daytime is supposed to be, and you dont need to use freaking headlights in the middle of a sunny afternoon anymore.

Much better graphics, especially the water and buildings, roads, etc. The trucks themselves too.

Excellent fully 3d interior.

Beautiful skies, clouds, changes in weather look realistic.

More famous landmarks in some cities.

The truck feels like its a heavy truck you are driving and not a sports car. Meaning realistic truck physics.

Driving between cities takes longer, and roads are more accurate.

Cons: Same annoying invisible walls that dont let you get anywhere near the landmarks. Way too many of them.

Some cities have very generic skylines, and hardly any landmarks at all. You would expect better by now.

Cops are more picky about red lights, speeding and etc, and fine you way too much.

Many other pros and cons that I did not list here. I just said what struck me during the 60 mins I tried the demo.

In short its the same thing as all the other 18 wheels of steel games, but a little better. I hope Rig'n'Roll can do better.

The graphics/phsyics/ are exactly the same as in Haulin , they didnt tweak anything in the game engine , they just added mexico and couple new roads & two stupid looking truck models and tried to sell it to people for $20 .
I completely agree SCS should retire from making arcade truck games .

GargantulaKon
12-12-2007, 07:54 PM
That is a shame that they added only that. To think that I was actually about to buy Haulin and then found out about Rig'n'Roll in the nick of time is satisfying. I just hope that Rig'n'Roll lives up to everybody's expectations.