PDA

View Full Version : Request made for Yak-50 in SoW

dlian
11-30-2007, 10:53 PM
I liked the video of the Spanish-based Su-26s (in another post) a lot. I asked Oleg to consider including the Yak-50 in SoW if time and resources permitted in future. He said that he may consider it after SoW is launched - depending on how busy his team is.

Although the Yak-50 is outclassed by the very impressive Su-26 now, it does look a lot like a WW2 fighter. It was also designed by the son (Sergei) of Alexander Yakovlev - designer of the WW2 Yak-1, 3, 7, 9 etc fighters.

Wanting a warbird lookalike (albeit a poor man's warbird) is the main reason I chose to buy a 50, and then paint it in the same scheme used for my IL2 aircraft! In time, I hope to get a helmet camera to film both aerobatic flying and mock dogfights against other aircraft.

In the mean time, if anyone is interested in seeing a photo diary about my new toy, visit http://yak50.blogspot.com.

1.JaVA_Platypus
12-01-2007, 05:53 PM
I think the YAK-50 is a very little and neat aircraft. It is has a high 'coolness' factor and it is quite reachable for the ordinary man to fly in it. Perfect :) 8)

dlian
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I think the YAK-50 is a very little and neat aircraft. It is has a high 'coolness' factor and it is quite reachable for the ordinary man to fly in it. Perfect :) 8)

Sounds like a warbird too - with the radial engine's deep "chug chug" noise. ;)

Avimimus
12-02-2007, 12:07 AM
I heard that Oleg flies the Yak-52...

dlian
12-02-2007, 07:48 AM
I heard that Oleg flies the Yak-52...

Yes, I think he still does fly one.

Oleg Maddox
12-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Advanced modellers, whe was making planes for Il-2 or for Microsoft FS will be able to put themselves any new sport plane.
With intial release will be only one from us.

Yes, I was learning on Yak-52.

Ploughman
12-03-2007, 12:18 PM
That's great to know, I hope SoW gets a good population of such sporty aircraft. :D

TUCKIE_JG52
12-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Err... someone told Yak-52?

I don't want to repeat myself, but I have another video about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95qMUYDwU64

I also love this plane! :)

Vigilant
12-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Oleg, can we remove "Battle of Britain" title from Storm of War, so there is no confusion from including a YAK-52 in the game, thanks.

Yes this is a tad sarcastic, but all these people with a "wish list" for aircraft are starting to annoy the crappers outta me, the title has been decided - can we let 1C get on with gettting the first one out before making demands of them?

DerAlte
12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
I think he should leave this "pure" military flight sim. Maybe he should use the engine and bring out a Aerobatics version for those who wish to fly like that.

DerAlte

TUCKIE_JG52
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I think he should leave this "pure" military flight sim. Maybe he should use the engine and bring out a Aerobatics version for those who wish to fly like that.

DerAlte

That's a point of view. Others think that like Flight Simulator (it is civillian, but there are lots of military aircraft for it), a simulator like BoB can include civillian aircraft.

The benefit is very clear to my eyes: one simulator, no separate patches, better flight model, more sells.

There are lots of planes that I do'nt fly in 1946. Same will happen with BoB. If someone does not like a plane, don't fly it, but leave that if the creator includes it, don't criticise.

Sum is always positive!

Ploughman
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM

DerAlte

I think it's been said that the title will ship with the Su-26 aerobatic aircraft in the planeset. A trifle odd you may think but it's being included not only because several of the people who were involved in its development now work with Oleg, but also because it's performance is quantified and well known to 1C and it can, therefore, act as a measure of the veracity of the game engine in general.

TUCKIE_JG52
12-17-2007, 06:50 PM
I think it's been said that the title will ship with the Su-26 aerobatic aircraft in the planeset. A trifle odd you may think but it's being included not only because several of the people who were involved in its development now work with Oleg, but also because it's performance is quantified and well known to 1C and it can, therefore, act as a measure of the veracity of the game engine in general.

That's an interesting point! :)

Therefore, I've made another aerobatic video, with Su-26/29 Yak-52 and some more models.
for those who like this subject, enjoy it! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSzGcZC3Upg

Downloadable hi-res here:
http://www.stage6.com/user/Tuckie/video/1950168/Copa-Triangular-de-Vuelo-Acrobatico-2007---Igualada

S!

GOZR
12-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Tuckie could tell me where the footage was filmed?
Thx

Close to Barcelona?

Tbag
12-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Thanks Tuckie, great footage, as always. I look forward to try these things with SOW.

TUCKIE_JG52
12-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Tuckie could tell me where the footage was filmed?
Thx

Close to Barcelona?

Upps, I missed this post for weeks... sorry Gozr.

Both the message to Oleg ant this last video was filmed in LEIG / Igualada - Ódena Airfield (yes, a bit North of Barcelona), during the Copa Triangular de Vuelo Acrobático (Triangular Aerobatics Cup). I collaborate with them in the scoring team.

It's name is "triangular" because there are three cups on one. 2007's first one was in Portugal Airshow, second one was in Igualada, and third was in Santa Cilia (Jaca), in the north of Spain.

For 2008, Igualada and Santa Cilia are confirmed again, and the international cup is pending its confirmation.

PS: I love the "Tiger" Su-26!!!