PDA

View Full Version : Serious Graphical Issue

Erik
11-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi there,

I just bought this game this week after learning about its striking similarities to the Hitman series, which is one of my favourite series of video games. The game installed just fine, but once in the game the graphics are completely distorted, rendering the game unplayable. The same problem manifests itself in the main menu, during cutscenes, and during gameplay. I changed the default screen resolution to 1024x768. The shapes of almost every object are distorted and disproportinally stretched. The colors of most distorted objects turn white. I've never experienced such a problem with a game before and I have a pretty decent modern system. I also have the latest video and sound card drivers.

System Specs:
Operating System
-Windows XP (+ latest updates)
Processor
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+/2.2 GHz
Memory
-1024 MB RAM
Hard Disk Space
-160 GB (still have 80.3 GB of free space after installing game)
Video Card
-Asus GeForce EN7900GT TOP/256MB RAM
Sound Card
-Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum/7.1
DirectX
-DirectX 10

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Evgeny
11-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Well, I advise you to write to our support team (support at 1cpublishing.eu). They should help you.

Erik
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Looks like I just solved my own problem. Turns out I didn't have the latest version of DirectX. I'm pretty sure I had version 9 (which is the required version for the game), but I just installed version 10 and the graphics work fine now, so it doesn't really mater anymore.

I hope I will enjoy this game as much as Hitman 2 and Hitman 3. I pray it won't be as unstable as Hitman 4 was (what a mess of a game stability-wise).

Hitman-style PC game + my favourite armed conflict (WWII) = winning formula.

Erik
11-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Nope, the problem described above remains, it was just delayed by the DirectX update.

I'll repost my original post in the Tech Support forum.

Soviet
12-06-2007, 08:19 PM
a picture would be nice thanks, have you tried going into the credits and exiting them, i had a graphics problem and it fixed it temporarolly on my old computer

Erik
12-14-2007, 11:02 AM
The problem was with my Asus GeForce 7900GT TOP video card (artifacting). I brought it back to the store I always go for my computer needs and they RMAed it. Very friendly and helpful little store. There's nothing they won't do for you. They sell top notch parts and build custom computers for their customers.
It will take about a month for the card to come back from Asus (it was still on the warranty). In the meantime, I bought a used ATI Sapphire X1550 video card for $86 (Canadian). Ironically, it performs better than my nVidia card did, at least with Death To Spies.

Excellent game. Great details on the Germans. There seems to be a over-abundance of MP-40s as opposed to Kar98Ks in the first mission though. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Doesn't matter! I'm finishing clearing the base of enemies. I'm putting all the bodies in one location for personal satisfaction. I love the way the map can be viewed. You guys have a lot to teach Eidos on how to get back on track with their next Hitman game.

I would definitely buy any other game in this series. Will the theater remain the Russian Front?

Anatoly
12-14-2007, 11:34 AM
The problem was with my Asus GeForce 7900GT TOP video card (artifacting). I brought it back to the store I always go for my computer needs and they RMAed it. Very friendly and helpful little store. There's nothing they won't do for you. They sell top notch parts and build custom computers for their customers.
It will take about a month for the card to come back from Asus (it was still on the warranty). In the meantime, I bought a used ATI Sapphire X1550 video card for $86 (Canadian). Ironically, it performs better than my nVidia card did, at least with Death To Spies.

Excellent game. Great details on the Germans. There seems to be a over-abundance of MP-40s as opposed to Kar98Ks in the first mission though. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Doesn't matter! I'm finishing clearing the base of enemies. I'm putting all the bodies in one location for personal satisfaction. I love the way the map can be viewed. You guys have a lot to teach Eidos on how to get back on track with their next Hitman game.

I would definitely buy any other game in this series. Will the theater remain the Russian Front?

Yes, the next game in the series will be also based on the Eastern Front events. At least mainly. It will also contian quite a lot of improvements based on players' suggestions and wishes. We will make an announcement shortly.