PDA

View Full Version : Stuka's not screaming?

lancerr
05-24-2011, 03:47 PM
After doing quite a few missions with the Heinkel, I switched to the Stuka to practice but found that when I enabled dive brakes, I did not hear the characteristic scream that I would expect.

Anyone else getting this?

Also - on a side note, the default detonators for Stuka's has a delay of 8 weeks? Clearly some kind of typo, but I do notice that the bombs I drop don't explode for a while. How can I change to explode on impact?

Rattlehead
05-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Not screaming, and for me shaking like a lump of jelly caught in an earthquake.

Blackdog_kt
05-24-2011, 07:42 PM
The sirens reduced the top speed, most units had them removed by the time of the BoB. That being said, i think they are visible on the external 3D model, so i don't know if they modeled them in the FM/3D model and forgot to add the sounds, or if they are treated as non-existent in the FM and they are just part of the 3D model by mistake.

As for the bombs, select the low altitude fuse. If you don't know which one it is (i didn't either), select the one that says "with automatic dive bombing delay of 14 seconds".

This is what i use on the Bf-110 as well, it gives enough time to escape the blast and it's still quick enough for general purpose use.

Ivan Fooker
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
I dont know what is correct or not correct regarding the use of the sirens in times of 1940.However i miss it, as it is a very characteristicum to the Stuka and adds a lot immersion.

Well and even if it is historical correct,it should be added at least funtionally to the late B series used in 1941, means "Unternehmen Taifun" (BoM).
Maybe we can use anytime kinds of fieldmods, like changing the ammobelt or adjusting bomb settings.

Positronic
06-09-2011, 10:34 AM
mm I dont know, I had a friend stay over and her parents were in london during bob and said the planes screaming used to scare them, wether that referred the the jericho trumpet or not I don't know, they are present in the battle of britian movie though ?

JG53Frankyboy
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
yep, but Ju87 never attacked London. Diving planes with engine on can scream already :)

the "Jericho Tropeten" are 3D modelled in CoD, so they should scream IMHO
Or they should remove them from the Ju87 model.

Give it time....................

Timberwolf
06-09-2011, 01:59 PM
in the movie bob you have stukas diveboming the radar at dover and yes people that fought in ww2 @ bob .. like adoph gallant helped the producers with what was and wasn't there.. that same year gallant met with sir stanford tuck RAF

Anyways cliffs of dover needs a sound face lift Some of the sounds i heard 12 years ago on another sim

add the sound

II./JG1_Wilcke
06-09-2011, 02:25 PM
in the movie bob you have stukas diveboming the radar at dover and yes people that fought in ww2 @ bob .. like adoph gallant helped the producers with what was and wasn't there.. that same year gallant met with sir stanford tuck RAF

Anyways cliffs of dover needs a sound face lift Some of the sounds i heard 12 years ago on another sim

add the sound

Its in Luthiers latest post on 'things todo', but its a complete redo of the sound engine. So it will be a bit of a wait.

41Sqn_Banks
06-09-2011, 03:53 PM

add the sound

The models (no pun intended) used in the Battle Of Britain movie are clearly Ju 87 D, which wasn't introduced before 1941 ;)

Timberwolf
06-12-2011, 09:50 PM
The models (no pun intended) used in the Battle Of Britain movie are clearly Ju 87 D, which wasn't introduced before 1941 ;)

On the undercarriage legs a fitting was installed for a siren, a so called `Jericho Trumpet', to enhance the effect on morale of the Ju 87's attacks. This was driven by a small propeller on the left undercarriage leg. When the siren was not installed the mount was faired over, leaving a protrusion on the undercarriage. The sirens were mostly discarded during the Battle of Britain, because they reduced the performance of the already slow and vulnerable Ju 87B

However they were used.. As the JU-87B is in Cliffs of dover it would be a good add on

I Think Cliffs of dover Looks great has great ideas in it and fair game play ..But the sound files are over 12 years old