PDA

View Full Version : 'Space Rangers 1 & 2' case - where's SR1?

ozzyoscy
05-22-2011, 11:10 PM
The case for the game says 'Space Rangers 1 & 2' on the side, and on the front it says 'Space Rangers 1 included'. However, inside there are only two discs and both are for SR2. Is there a disc missing? How do I play SR1?

I got this from a charity shop for £1.80, so it's no biggie if there is a disc missing.

Sneaksie
05-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Isn't there SR1 setup on one of the discs?

ozzyoscy
05-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Isn't there SR1 setup on one of the discs?

Not that I can see. One disc is just Direct X stuff and the other is to setup and play SR2 Dominators it seems.

ozzyoscy
05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Well, it's not really a bump, but anybody know the deal?

ozzyoscy
07-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Hello?

ywenli
07-15-2011, 08:52 PM
When I bought the original Space Rangers 2 version (w/ Starforce) on CD, mine came with a SR1 on a separate disc. Reboot doesn't come with it I don't think.

cairn
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
When I bought the original Space Rangers 2 version (w/ Starforce) on CD, mine came with a SR1 on a separate disc. Reboot doesn't come with it I don't think.

SP=SR. I kept putting SP instead of SR for some reason and don't feel like searching through and changing them all.

Did none of you take out your Reboot disc and check to see if it has Space Rangers 1 on it? Because here in the U.S., it does. I put in the disc and at the launch screen it asks if I want to install Reboot or SP1.

If you're not getting that launch window, I'm sure if you look through the files on the Reboot disc, you'll find the SP1 setup or install file.

Game makers do that all of the time. When they send out a package where they include a previous game, often when they upgrade to a DVD from a CD, they'll include the previous game on the same disc because usually coming from a CD that holds 700MB to a DVD that holds 4GB, and if double layered, can hold 8GB, there's plenty of space for both games to fit and there's no need to spend money sending out two discs.

If you don't have Reboot, well it's selling for rather cheap these days since it's been out a while. It includes SP1, on the same disc. It's worth buying just because it's not expensive and it adds a few new things that really help to boost your ability to survive even on the hardest difficulty. Unfortunately, it does require that you start a new game, although, I did not try and transfer my SP2 savegames to the Reboot savegame folder, so I don't know, you might be able to avoid starting a whole new game. Also, you might just email customer support. Maybe they have a way you can prove you bought the game, and they may just send you a disc with SP1 on it (will probably charge you for the disc itself though. If so, you may find a cheaper copy of SP1 on amazon.com or something.) because obviously they don't seem to mind much if they're giving away a free copy of it with every other SP game.

Oh, also, if you don't have Reboot, meaning you bought the regular Space Rangers 2 Rise of the Dominators game, then yeah, the SP1 disc is a separate disc that comes with it, at least here in the U.S., that's how it is.

However, since game makers like to combine their games onto the same disc, I'd still look over your SP2 disc and see if you can't find an SP1 setup or install file somewhere. If not, then whoever had it before you probably forgot to put SP1 back into the box. Like I said above, I'd call customer service about a replacement disc or check amazon.com for a cheap copy or for a good deal on SP2 Reboot. I mean if you're going to buy Reboot anyway, might as well just use it's SP1 copy.

ozzyoscy
08-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I'd call customer service about a replacement disc or check amazon.com for a cheap copy or for a good deal on SP2 Reboot. I mean if you're going to buy Reboot anyway, might as well just use it's SP1 copy.

Customer service would actually get me replacement disc?

Nah, I already bought Space Rangers 2, no need for 1 I suppose. I looked on the discs but couldn't see any sign of it.