PDA

View Full Version : Realism Hardcore Mod

Erwin
05-22-2011, 08:36 PM
REALISM HARDCORE MOD, Version 1.0

Original creators, Markus Lumme, Mari Lepola and Kalle-Erik Vähäkylä.

A small, made originally for Men of War vanilla. Now made to work with the newest Assault Squad.
I'm too lazy to make any thorough lists or anything, but it makes all the ranges, damages, loadouts and properties more realistic. It makes the game insanely hard, but it also adds certain depth when a single .30 cal can dominate a field for hundreds of meters. All in all, trying to make the game more realistic, atlhough balance suffers somewhat, but I do not consider it to be a negative point.

DOWNLOAD LINK for Version 1.0 hotfixed: https://rapidshare.com/files/1554390683/Realism_Hardcore.rar

It works in multiplayer too, so feel free to play it. I say add "RHMOD" to the servername, so we others know what to search for. I would definitely like to play this against people too. If I get some amount of people together, I could suggest making a private hamachi server for us or something.

STEAM GROUP FOR THE PEOPLE http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rhmod

HAMACHI SERVER
Network Name: MOWAS Realism Hardcore
Password: soldiers

I know it is stupidly hard and unforgiving, but I made it for me and my friends and we enjoy it this way. Thus, I will put in minimal amount of work anyway I can. I have lost my motivation a long time ago.
You can however post bugs and inconsistencies, errors and missing stuff, and I try to correct them.

You install it by unraring in the Mods-folder of MOWAS.
I will answer questions and take suggestions.

Examples of some features, to get an idea what this mod does.

-Increased ranges of all weapons. Infantry: An infantry rifle shoots to 350 meters, not accurately anymore, but still. SMG fires to about 150-200 meters with horrible inaccuracy. Machineguns can fire to up to 500 meters.

-Loadouts are modified. Most of the units have helmets instead of field caps, and the special units have better gear in many ways. For example, Bradenburger squad has G43, PPSH and Mg with them, along with tons of ammo, grenades and medical stuff. Same thing goes for US Rangers, they are more of heavy infantry.
Officers carry mp40's, M1 Carbines and other better weapons instead of their normal pistols. US Machine Gunner has the .30cal instead of BAR, and the US Assault Inf has the BAR instead of the rifle.

-All guns and cannons penetrate armor from hundreds of meters away. The guns also keep their accuracy, and now a Sherman can hit a light pole 300 meters away with the HE Shell. It is also possible to knock out tanks from far away, and you do not need to be close anymore.

-Tank Loadouts have more machine gun ammo with them, and some of them have more shells than usual, and some have fewer, depending on their realistic counterparts. Also, some small tweaks, like Sherman carries some M1 Carbines in the inventory.

-Special Units, or Veteran Units have been made more "veteran". Vet Tiger is a battle hardened crew, and they have replaced the AA gun with captured M2 HMG, and the hull machine gun with Mg42. With all the other, normal, units, I have tried to keep it such way that they are as realistic as possible, but for example, since you can only get one "special" tiger, it also makes sense to make it a little odd here and there. Like said, Bradenburgers and Marines and the like have been also modified for being a little more veteran, with better gear and stats. Every side has gotten a little tweak with their veteran units and tanks.

-Artillery has been made artillery. All guns, rocket launchers and mortars can blast the enemy to kingdom come from the other side of the map, albeit the infantry mortars are inaccurate as hell. Some people say this ruins balance and makes the game impossibly hard, but i say, WAR IS HELL.

Here are the old changelogs from MOW for other reference:

0.9b Changelog:

-Modified the mod to make it combatible with the patch 1.11.3. Small tweaks and tunes.
-Cannons are too accurate while the vehicle is moving, I am trying to repair this. The new patch of the game changed the way the accuracy works, so I have to redo all the old files for these accuracies.
-Modified the kits of the soldiers to give them more ammo, for example a russian rifleman now has more than 17 bullets while he goes to the battle.
-I'm gonna correct many other things for the version 1.0, but I released this almost-ready version for you to play it. It is not as good as it should be, but atleast you can use it with 1.11.3

0.3b Changelog:

Some examples, not all:

-Weapon speeds modified once again, now a bit slower.
-Cannons are A LOT more accurate, now tanks don't miss anymore so often.
-Cannons keep their penetration value for longer distances, so you can still knock out tanks at 700 meters. (Bug; Only works in singleplayer. Will be fixed soon)
-Lots of small modifications to inventories, riflemen have more ammunition, US Machinegunners have the BAR, not the Bren,
german officers have mp40-smg's and many other similar.
-Many of the penetration values have been changed to represent more realistic values.
-Some small vision tweaks, however, there are still lots to do.

0.1b
Some changes, not all:

-M1 Garand and M1 Carbine now fire semiautomatic, quite fast and both kill with few shots.
-M1 Thompson has only 20 bullets in a mag, like most of them had.
-All the bolt-action rifles fire lot more faster now.
-Example: Range for the K98k German rifle is now about 1 kilometer, not 70 meters.
-All the other ranges are also modified.
-Stg 44 is a lot more better now, like a real rifle.
-Weapons kill faster
-Speed of the bullets are modified. Now it does not take a forever to reach the target. A sniper round goes instantly to 200 meters. From 700 meters there is a minor slowdown, like in the real life.
-Mg42 now really fires about 1245 bullets per minute, just like the real thing. Not some lazy 500 rounds per minute.
-DSHK is a beast now. Accurate, deadly and loud. It really is a beast.
-Many of the fire rates have been modified. Thompson has a 800-1000rpm, while the Grease Gun m3 has only 300-400rpm.

jrhindo
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi could you upload your mod to another website?
I cant download. Rapidshare want me to update my browser to newest version but I have newest version already.