PDA

View Full Version : End Game

Kid
11-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Ok, I'm on the last battle as the Orcs and there is no way I can win it. Some of it is my own fault but some of it is game design. Someone already pointed this out and at the time I didn’t understand it. The way the game is designed you cannot afford to lose any units if you hope to win the last battle. The entire campaign I've been very careful not to lose units but it is war and I have lost some. The problem is that the gold rewards are so small that you can never afford to buy new units and upgrade existing units at the same time. You have to do one or the other. Therefore, you either develop a small elite army or a lager inexperienced one. I know there are some out there who like it just the way it is but I have an idea that would suite them and those like me.

A new option that when selected at the beginning of the game increases the amount of gold you get when capturing a town and when you completed a mission. The reason I don’t want to just use the current easy setting is because I like how hard it is to win a battle and I don’t want to change that. I just want to be able to take realistic damage and replace units in between battles and upgrade a few units at the same time.

Skelos
11-25-2007, 04:58 AM
If there is a lack of gold, than you can change difficulty to "easy" only for one mission. You will get extra gold for the victory on "easy", and this should solve your problems. You will be able to continue with "normal" or "hard".

Kid
11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try. I started over again and I'm doing much better this time. I'll see what happens when I get to last mission.

Glabro
11-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I don´t get it...but I suppose there are different kinds of players.
And yes, you can afford to lose units.